The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

image.jpg
The sapphire crystal on this thing makes it damn near impossible to get a clear shot with my phone. Latest pick up! Surprisingly it doesn’t feel obnoxiously heavy or big on my wrist. Most people don’t notice how big it is until they hold it. Great piece, classic, keeper!

Attachments

• EB59D897-3C51-4C78-A1C6-8A6059181635.jpeg
    EB59D897-3C51-4C78-A1C6-8A6059181635.jpeg
    175.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 6EFAD08D-D11D-4FF9-BC48-8648CBFD3C50.jpeg
    6EFAD08D-D11D-4FF9-BC48-8648CBFD3C50.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 20
Congrats. Rolex doesn't do AR coating on their crystals, strangely.

Just got rung up by my AD about a new promotion this weekend... oh dear. This time of the year is hard on the wallet. Basel inventory incoming :lol:

Congrats. Rolex doesn't do AR coating on their crystals, strangely.

Just got rung up by my AD about a new promotion this weekend... oh dear. This time of the year is hard on the wallet. Basel inventory incoming :lol:

Nice!! What are you looking at?

How do you like the Black Bay? Never owned a Tudor before but i'm close to purchasing a Tudor collab Black Bay.

Love it, however, the thickness does bother me a bit and the fact it's 41mm. I would prefer 39/40mm with shorter lug to lug, a la a modern or even pre-ceramic sub. I'll keep it until mid next year and trade up to a Speedy Pro or Polar Exp II 40mm.

This will surely be my first Rolex. The best value at the moment and a GMT function
Rolex Exp ii polar white 16570
(borrowed from google)
zw-113784w.jpg

^I love the Polar Explorer II, surprised it isn't that popular tbh

I love my vintage Datejust, but part of me wishes I had spent a little more to get the Explorer II

It’s only meant for you to tell 24hr time, not use it as a timer like a sub.

Right, but gmt ii is bidirectional, just going by relevance to the Rolex lineup. I could be just misinformed, just thought it was worth mentioning. I did own a 42mm explorer 2 and currently have 2 gmt IIs. The 42mm explorer in black was my first Rolex back in 2012 or 13. It really is a great watch.

Last edited:
Right, but gmt ii is bidirectional, just going by relevance to the Rolex lineup. I could be just misinformed, just thought it was worth mentioning. I did own a 42mm explorer 2 and currently have 2 gmt IIs. The 42mm explorer in black was my first Rolex back in 2012 or 13. It really is a great watch.

I believe the exp ii was meant to just go out and explore like the exp i, which doesn’t need a 3rd time zone funcion as the gmt name suggests. The gmt ii is made for people who frequently travel between multiple time zones.

I almost bought a James Cameron edition last month , but I flaked out when I saw the money about to leave my account .

I believe the exp ii was meant to just go out and explore like the exp i, which doesn’t need a 3rd time zone funcion as the gmt name suggests. The gmt ii is made for people who frequently travel between multiple time zones.

Totally get that. I guess making it bidirectional was too much extra effort for the price.

Back
Top Bottom