The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

damn i want the new Santos-Dumont Cartier (first watch pick in the vid) but its tough to spend a few grand on a quartz... might still do it though in the future

damn i want the new Santos-Dumont Cartier (first watch pick in the vid) but its tough to spend a few grand on a quartz... might still do it though in the future

Really like it as well. Quartz doesn’t bother me, but aesthetically I am intrigued by the drive and the new santos.

What’s the resell/trade value of Modern Cartier’s? I guess I shouldn’t be comparing it to Rolex lol.

cartier isn't quite on rolex/patek level when it comes to value but they are up there

they have discouraged discount on them as much as possible and they've limited their ADs

despite discount being discouraged, it still happens and i don't think you'll find a cartier out there you'd need to pay over retail for but i am loving what they are doing, i can easily see myself buying 4-5 different watches in their line-up right now, i dont think i can say that to most brands right now, not even rolex or patek

omega_1.jpg
210.92.44.20.01.001.jpg
omega_2.jpg

no date :wow:
ceramic + titanium :nthat:
bigger case :sick::smh::angry::frown:
Yeah personally I think they should have gone all ceramic and reduced to 40mm (which they could have done as i imagine the movement is similar to the po39 and without the date also) and they would have had a winner.

no date means you can actually shrink down the dial and make a smaller case, it just makes sense so i can only hope they release this in mid-size, i really would love this in a 36mm guise

and yah its technically the same movement so it makes no sense to increase the size

you can kind of see in the caseback how much smaller the movement looks now and there's some space there must be between it and the case
210.92.44.20.01.001_back.jpg

rolex doesn't usually drop hints like this for basel but i'd love to see this milgauss brought back, even if they add a green crystal in it

rolex doesn't usually drop hints like this for basel but i'd love to see this milgauss brought back, even if they add a green crystal in it

Was this a recent instagram post?

That is some major sign posting if so. If they release this with ceramic bezel, trimmed maxi case, red triangle and lightning hands with either raised or normal clear glass that'll be my next choice of watch. As an 80s baby black and red has always been my favourite colour combination whether it be Thundercats, Knight Rider, A-Team or the Bulls that have all brain washed me I don't know. I was really disappointed when they decided that they would adopt "rolex green" and the orange on the black gmt ii and black and white explorer ii respectively as I would definitely have considered both if they had stuck with the red hands or at least had it as an option.

Just got in my first automatic watch today. Not anything fancy, but am really happy with it. Its a 42mm and may wear slightly bigger than i prefer but not a dealbreaker (looks bigger in the pic). I thought this would scratch my itch, but it only made me itch more. Now i cant wait to find a rolex once my bonus hits. :lol: :smokin

20190125_173843.jpg

Just got in my first automatic watch today. Not anything fancy, but am really happy with it. Its a 42mm and may wear slightly bigger than i prefer but not a dealbreaker (looks bigger in the pic). I thought this would scratch my itch, but it only made me itch more. Now i cant wait to find a rolex once my bonus hits. :lol: :smokin

20190125_173843.jpg

That's a strong start to a collection. Tissot are a very underrated brand. I had a white face prc200 white face chrono that used to get more compliments than my rolex sub. The new powermatic 80 movement is really reliable from what I've heard and to have a 80 hour power reserve is amazing.

i really want this tudor ranger with the leather and nato straps. Anyone have an opinion on what a good price on this would be?
ranger1.JPG
ranger2.JPG

its not the most popular in the tudor line so i wouldn't touch it for less than 25%-30% off

Back
Top Bottom