The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Hands-On The Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Selfwinding Chronograph In 38mm

3S3A9603.jpg

H20A1296.jpg

H20A1290.jpg

H20A1281.jpg

H20A1297.jpg

im getting close to pulling the trigger. What you all think, 114060 or late model 14060m? I am currently leaning towards the 14060m.

i almost always lean on the newest/latest iteration because i just prefer them brand new or at least the best condition possible

the main difference between the two is the shape of the lugs, 114060 is broader thus making the watch slightly bigger so if you want it narrower go with the 14060 i am personally not a fan of the hole on the endlink for the spring bar

14060 bracelet is also very underwhelming and most of the one you'll find will likely have the infamous flex

114060.. looks so much better and especially the updated bracelet and the ceramic bezel

Agree with RFX, go with the latest either way

i like the cleaner look of the dial on the two liner but the 114060 does have a little more wrist presence

im getting close to pulling the trigger. What you all think, 114060 or late model 14060m? I am currently leaning towards the 14060m.

As a very proud owner of the 114060 there is not a day that goes past that I don't think this watch is amazing. The 14060 as some have said is extremely underwhelming in person for the money you spend on it. The 114060 feels like a quality watch, with the latest tech (ceramic bezel, glidelock, etc) in comparison to the 14060m.

I think if you look at watch forums they'll push the 14060m as the last true tool watch but often they are caught up in nostalgia. The comments in regards to the super case are quite funny to me as historically the more rectangular design you see in modern rolex today is closer to the original submariners of years gone by.

Also do you intend on buying new or used as this will play a role in what you buy as there is no telling what years of quirks an older watch may have picked up.

Personally the 114060 is the way to go. It's classy, modern and masculine. The only choice will be what dial to choose from....

Went to the Rolex AD to try in the OP. Low and behold, they just put the black and white dial 39mm out and had the white 34mm in the case too.

The sales associate who I believe to also be part owner, tried his hardest to steer me away from the 34mm. “You don’t want that, you’re mistaken” “ you’re a big guy, ya know, I’m sure you Want something bigger”

I tried on 34 and 39 and he was amazed at how well the 34 fit, but still was like “you’re such a big guy, you don’t want a little watch, god forbid you start working out *flexes*”

First thing, I’m already sensitive about my size, I don’t need to be reminded repeatedly lol. 5’9 220 (shrug)
Secondly, I told dude I was going for more of a “classic “ silhouette and he was still persistent. Having tried on both the 34mm is really as classic as it gets and comparing it to a 36mm datejust it’s minimal difference in wrist presence.

As a very proud owner of the 114060 there is not a day that goes past that I don't think this watch is amazing. The 14060 as some have said is extremely underwhelming in person for the money you spend on it. The 114060 feels like a quality watch, with the latest tech (ceramic bezel, glidelock, etc) in comparison to the 14060m.

I think if you look at watch forums they'll push the 14060m as the last true tool watch but often they are caught up in nostalgia. The comments in regards to the super case are quite funny to me as historically the more rectangular design you see in modern rolex today is closer to the original submariners of years gone by.

Also do you intend on buying new or used as this will play a role in what you buy as there is no telling what years of quirks an older watch may have picked up.

Personally the 114060 is the way to go. It's classy, modern and masculine. The only choice will be what dial to choose from....
If i go 5 digit obviously it will be used, but if i go 6 digit will try and get new. Looking to spend around 8000 so not sure if i will find a new one at that price, i may wait or go slightly used at that point.

Thanks for the feedback fellas, doesnt make my decision any easier. I agree about the ****ty bracelet on the 5 digit, that may be the deciding factor for me.

Went to the Rolex AD to try in the OP. Low and behold, they just put the black and white dial 39mm out and had the white 34mm in the case too.

The sales associate who I believe to also be part owner, tried his hardest to steer me away from the 34mm. “You don’t want that, you’re mistaken” “ you’re a big guy, ya know, I’m sure you Want something bigger”

I tried on 34 and 39 and he was amazed at how well the 34 fit, but still was like “you’re such a big guy, you don’t want a little watch, god forbid you start working out *flexes*”

First thing, I’m already sensitive about my size, I don’t need to be reminded repeatedly lol. 5’9 220 (shrug)
Secondly, I told dude I was going for more of a “classic “ silhouette and he was still persistent. Having tried on both the 34mm is really as classic as it gets and comparing it to a 36mm datejust it’s minimal difference in wrist presence.

Man, I’d say buy whatever you want. Preference is preference. If it makes you feel any better, I’m 5’9 257. I prefer my 38mm watch over my 40-42mm.

I went with a 14060m 2 liner strictly for aesthetic purposes. The only things I like about the 6 digit are the working warranty and bracelet, but the 5 digit bracelet isn't as bad as most make it out to be. If you can somehow try both of them on, that would probably help you make a better decision. I know this won't help, but they're both great choices. It's just going to come down to the little details you prefer.

I went with a 14060m 2 liner strictly for aesthetic purposes. The only things I like about the 6 digit are the working warranty and bracelet, but the 5 digit bracelet isn't as bad as most make it out to be. If you can somehow try both of them on, that would probably help you make a better decision. I know this won't help, but they're both great choices. It's just going to come down to the little details you prefer.

I seem to have the opposite opinion than most of you guys. I actually only try to buy vintage, if it’s a “luxury” brand. I only look for my birth year. Of course I don’t care about the year of the Seikos, Hamiltons, etc.

Is there a reason the Breitling Superocean Heritage II barely gets any love?

Is it a resale thing on Breitlings? Or just their rep for gaudy massive watches?

The SOH at 42 looks rather clean and simple

Is there a reason the Breitling Superocean Heritage II barely gets any love?

Is it a resale thing on Breitlings? Or just their rep for gaudy massive watches?

The SOH at 42 looks rather clean and simple

i think that people just don't like the watch itself. the bracelet isn't very appealing either. i think for that price, people will lean towards a Black Bay or Seamaster.

Back
Top Bottom