The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Really anywhere between $300-$600 right now. The only non smartwatches I have had over the last 5-7 years have been two Nixon watches. As I've grown and my style has changed during that time, I want to get something a little more traditional going so that I don't feel forced to wear the AW every day. Not really looking to drop more than a grand on a watch, and it's frustrating because basically everything I like is around there. :smh:

first off, i second pretty much everything that litflynt912 litflynt912 said. you don't have to spend $5000+ for a great watch. my first mechanical watch was a Seiko SKX007J. its a watch that most collectors have or have had. you can pick up the 007K1 model (made in Malaysia) for under $200. the J model (made in Japan) for a little bit more.

the Hamilton Khaki i posted earlier retails for $475. Hamilton makes other nice mechanical field watches in that price range.

if you don't mind pre-owned, you can pick up a Speedy Reduced for around $1200-$1500. that would be a great entry level watch into the "luxury" watch world. it also depends on what kind of watch you're looking for. are you looking for a diver, field, chrono, no complication, etc? that can help us give you some suggestions and steer you in the right direction.

This is my next piece. Most likely this month. I also just put my name on the list at two AD’s for the Tudor BB58, I refuse to pay the secondary prices. At the end of the day I may go the Jomashop route if I get antsy.

i like the size of the 58. if i was in the market for another diver, i like the new Seamaster Pro. its much sportier and a little bigger. personally, i'm not a fan of the hands on the Tudors.

the Hamilton Khaki i posted earlier retails for $475. Hamilton makes other nice mechanical field watches in that price range.

if you don't mind pre-owned, you can pick up a Speedy Reduced for around $1200-$1500. that would be a great entry level watch into the "luxury" watch world. it also depends on what kind of watch you're looking for. are you looking for a diver, field, chrono, no complication, etc? that can help us give you some suggestions and steer you in the right direction.

That Hamilton is definitely a dope look, just is too small for my wrist. I need something 42 and above to be comfortable wearing it. I don’t have a particular style I want. I prefer something minimal or rugged (I know, two ends of the spectrum right)...I do like rubber or nato style bands.

https://www.nixon.com/us/en/ascende...MI_7PVqKzu4AIVGJ7ACh3enwgcEAQYASABEgL_gPD_BwE

This is basically the style I would prefer, I just don’t want to get another Nixon watch. Doesn’t feel like it fits my desire anymore.

first off, i second pretty much everything that litflynt912 litflynt912 said. you don't have to spend $5000+ for a great watch. my first mechanical watch was a Seiko SKX007J. its a watch that most collectors have or have had. you can pick up the 007K1 model (made in Malaysia) for under $200. the J model (made in Japan) for a little bit more.

i like the size of the 58. if i was in the market for another diver, i like the new Seamaster Pro. its much sportier and a little bigger. personally, i'm not a fan of the hands on the Tudors.
20181205_181705.jpg

Can't go wrong with the seamaster. Only thing it's quite shiny with the ceramic bezel and face. They seem to be holding value quite well too.

That Hamilton is definitely a dope look, just is too small for my wrist. I need something 42 and above to be comfortable wearing it. I don’t have a particular style I want. I prefer something minimal or rugged (I know, two ends of the spectrum right)...I do like rubber or nato style bands.

https://www.nixon.com/us/en/ascende...MI_7PVqKzu4AIVGJ7ACh3enwgcEAQYASABEgL_gPD_BwE

This is basically the style I would prefer, I just don’t want to get another Nixon watch. Doesn’t feel like it fits my desire anymore.

https://shop.hamiltonwatch.com/hamilton-collection/field/khaki-field-auto-42mm-h70555533.html

what size is your wrist? i'm slightly over a 7, and i wear 38mm to 42mm.

Diameter doesn’t matter as much as lug to lug for me. I’ve been looking at a 34mm Rolex Oyster Perpetual , which is tiny
on paper, but has a 43mm lug to lug. It sits “just right” on my 7” wrist. It’s crazy to even say this in this day and age, but I’m a changed man, small watch convert.

i do like that hamilton field, i just wish it didnt have the inner 24 hour numbers, its what has stopped me from buying one.

Diameter doesn’t matter as much as lug to lug for me. I’ve been looking at a 34mm Rolex Oyster Perpetual , which is tiny
on paper, but has a 43mm lug to lug. It sits “just right” on my 7” wrist. It’s crazy to even say this in this day and age, but I’m a changed man, small watch convert.
I was thinking the same also because of the dial layout. A new milgauss may drop during basel which is only weeks away. I would expect it'll stay small and as the older model they are advertising on social media is black/red I'll wait before I buy anything.

I just wish this one came in a 40mm. I have a 7ish inch wrist and its a little big but I used to have a Omega sword hand chrono which was about the same size.

I love that Hamilton... it was one of the first watches I added to my wish list years and years ago. I've found myself wearing just a simple Seiko 5 because it's such a great beater that can wear with a lot of straps... I think the Hamilton will be had eventually.

is that the murph? looks nice..
Yeah it is. I'm definitely considering it. I was never into having a busy dial (I tend to like simplistic markers) but this seems to tempt me. I feel like I need something new but that all black, all metal g-shock is calling me.

Yeah it is. I'm definitely considering it. I was never into having a busy dial (I tend to like simplistic markers) but this seems to tempt me. I feel like I need something new but that all black, all metal g-shock is calling me.
That is a simple dial for a Hamilton:lol:

Back
Top Bottom