The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

IDK & what I also am puzzled by is what some of those measurements of time are on a Breitling like that. They're cool watches and if my bone structure were larger I would actually consider 1 but man there's so many numbers on some of them.

IDK & what I also am puzzled by is what some of those measurements of time are on a Breitling like that. They're cool watches and if my bone structure were larger I would actually consider 1 but man there's so many numbers on some of them.
I have no clue. It’s big and heavy AF! I remember when I got my first Rolex I thought the weight difference between the two was crazy.

Last edited:
The numbers are there for flight calculations. Before on-board computers on air craft there were many calculations that were required for pilots. Breitling especially were known for being pilots watches. There have been many ad campaigns throughout the years where they have focused on this. As for where the best place to sell one possibly chrono24, eBay, gum tree, if you were in the UK I'd suggest watch finder but I believe watchbox are a similar US based service.

One more thing to add. It's seems as though your breitling has accumulated some "patina/love" from years of use. It might be worth seeing if you can get a cheap service somewhere to add a little more value to potential buyers and especially pre owned sellers who will look for anyway to reduce the amount they are willing to pay you for the watch.

I saw these. On the blogs they are questioning the authenticity of these images as rolex passion report has been wrong in the past. I think these are the real deal unfortunately. The teaser had a meteorite come across the screen which could be a clue to the meteorite dial gmt. The lugs and watch face are similar to those of yachtmaster 42. It's all pretty boring but there are some people who have been desperate for a 42mm sub which this yachtmaster pretty much is.

I think they are legit. But I will wait until Rolex's official release before I buy my new watch this weekend just to be safe.

I think they are legit. But I will wait until Rolex's official release before I buy my new watch this weekend just to be safe.
Yeah that's the best choice brother. What are you looking to get? The tudor selection was also completely underwhelming.

What are you looking to get?

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 6.58.45 AM.png

Yeah I don't know if you follow MMA but I see Brendan Schaub with his one on and it always makes me envious. It's the only date sub I would want.

I do indeed. I must say he has great taste in watches AND cars, since we both also drive a GT3RS :lol:

I actually toyed with the idea of going vintage and went to try on a 16618 last week and was seriously underwhelmed.

116618LN it is for me. It's been over a year of shopping for a watch (15400OR, 228239, etc.).

We'll if that's the way you go congratulations in advance I'm sure it's well deserved.

Just checked the source's website rolexpassionreport.com and how he obtained these images doesn't seem that reliable. But saying that he has got it right at this stage in that past so we'll see tomorrow.

The numbers are there for flight calculations. Before on-board computers on air craft there were many calculations that were required for pilots. Breitling especially were known for being pilots watches. There have been many ad campaigns throughout the years where they have focused on this. As for where the best place to sell one possibly chrono24, eBay, gum tree, if you were in the UK I'd suggest watch finder but I believe watchbox are a similar US based service.
Repped LEEBRO. The help was greatly appreciated.

confused, is that just a batman with a jubilee bracelet?

was expecting a submariner or at least something cool.

is that just a batman with a jubilee bracelet?

looks like it but it might also be in white gold?

the tease was for a steel yachtmaster which is cool, id consider it if they make it available in 36

42mm YM is definitely intriguing, since it would basically wear the same as a 40mm Submariner. Now if only they would update the Daytona to a 42mm case.

you could also try selling on the watchuseek forum

just doing more "research" (as in google) and seems like the batman is just an SS model so thats the hot ticket for this year that will have a long list

new YM is 42mm which is funny since someone here was just talking about how small rolexes were on their wrist, this should help a bit though its no sdds

tt sd is a weird addition but i guess they made one before so they are just bringing it back

Repped LEEBRO. The help was greatly appreciated.

No problem. We're all learning. I've been into watches since I was a kid so anyway I can help anyone I will.

I've only started getting into air max 1s heavy the past four years after wearing Jordans for years (part of getting older..comfort is king) and I've learned a lot from other NTers.

Back
Top Bottom