The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

If this does pan out to be the complete collection I think huge things will be coming 2020. But I think to be honest I'm kind of good for now. The only thing I might wanna add is the op in black or white with the double batons at 3,6 and 9.

I wouldn’t mind the meteorite BLRO. The matte blue ones have shot up to 50k. I’ve had my eye on them for months and looks like I’ll just have to settle for the meteorite dial.

Went to AP Boutique this past Saturday for their launch event. In order for me to get the new 38mm Royal oak chrono with the silver/blue dial, they asked me to buy two watches. I’ve never been a prior customer of theirs since all of my APs came from a different AD ( that did me dirty and still has a 2k deposit of mine ) I ended up paying in full for a 15450 blue dial and half of the chrono 38. Get this, left with NO watch. They said I’ll get them both by the end of 2019. It’s okay, I like both watches anyway.

I wouldn’t mind the meteorite BLRO. The matte blue ones have shot up to 50k. I’ve had my eye on them for months and looks like I’ll just have to settle for the meteorite dial.

Went to AP Boutique this past Saturday for their launch event. In order for me to get the new 38mm Royal oak chrono with the silver/blue dial, they asked me to buy two watches. I’ve never been a prior customer of theirs since all of my APs came from a different AD ( that did me dirty and still has a 2k deposit of mine ) I ended up paying in full for a 15450 blue dial and half of the chrono 38. Get this, left with NO watch. They said I’ll get them both by the end of 2019. It’s okay, I like both watches anyway.
Your good to have left with nothing with the amount you must have put down. I'd have stayed there till they could come up with something lol. All jokes aside that chrono is beautiful. I don't know whether it's the size, dial pattern or what but that's just an amazing watch.

You’re a better man than me. I would of at least asked for some limited edition swag.

Your good to have left with nothing with the amount you must have put down. I'd have stayed there till they could come up with something lol. All jokes aside that chrono is beautiful. I don't know whether it's the size, dial pattern or what but that's just an amazing watch.

I wasn't happy about it, I've never even known an AD to take a full amount as a deposit, but I guess things are changing. I wasn't too bothered because the 15450st in blue is going over MSRP pretty much everywhere.

You’re a better man than me. I would of at least asked for some limited edition swag.

I was promised an AP desk clock for sure which i've seen selling in the thousands, and possibly an umbrella.

Found an example of the clock: https://www.chrono24.com/search/ind...e&searchexplain=1&watchTypes=&accessoryTypes=

Last edited:
Any tips on how to get around the tax thing? Shipping out of state isn't exactly an option. Not keen on paying a dollar of CA tax as I am not a resident here, just visiting.

Any tips on how to get around the tax thing? Shipping out of state isn't exactly an option. Not keen on paying a dollar of CA tax as I am not a resident here, just visiting.

Shipping out of state is easiest and most seamless way to do it. Most AD's will even let you walk out with the box and everything and just ship the watch by itself in a protective case. Why isn't that an option?

Dug the old Flightmaster out.

1380C4CB-5236-4B13-B7FD-34DD49646086.jpeg

It’s iffy but my buddies get around the CA tax by purchasing off a reputable seller on eBay. I’m not a fan of the ideal but when dropping 18g’s on a watch tax can be pretty hefty.

Visiting Cali for a few weeks so no where to ship to, not to mention if I'm dropping that kind of money on a watch I want to be able to wear it out of the store.

I'll ask if they can just ship the box and papers to my PO Box in Washington State. Hopefully they can.

this one is interesting... to say the least

Tudor Black Bay P01
cq5dam.download.low.jpeg

cq5dam.download.low_1.jpeg

the protoype that never released(?) its based on
Screenshot_2019-03-20_07.34.27.png

Back
Top Bottom