The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Just take a step back and think of all the amazing pieces one could buy for the same price as Nautilus . I'm a big fan and think at suggested retail price it's always an option, but at the going rate I could pick up 3-4 amazing pieces.

I'm very intrigued with the new Oris Aquis with the new 400 movement. With 120 hour power reserve and perfect size for me I think as soon as other color options drop I will defiantly be adding one if I can get 25% off.

1611248598049.png

I think the only way paying that much makes since is if you are a one watch guy. That's what I belive in. But otherwise I agree just buy multiple watches. The new oris looks good

I heard there's a lot of problems with new movement they've introduced. It might be worth doing some research before pulling the trigger.

Yeah I have seen the same thing. I would not want the initial offering so hopefully when newer models drop with this movement they address the issues.

34mm marlin on sale for $111 at timex.com for those that wants to check em out

the black ones are the todd snyder collab iirc

Picked up one of the automatics instead
image.jpg

I got a 15500 OR on strap a few weeks ago, and it came on smooth leather instead of alligator which surprised me. Apparently CA has an exotic skin ban so they sold it exclusively for the california market. Theres only a handful of them out there with the smooth leather strap. I got a call yesterday to bring the watch in because the ban was lifted and they provided me the alligator strap for free and switched it out in store. Cool story, but the alligator just looks infinitely better. I also got to keep both straps. RE: 5711, looks like I wont be owning one ever.

IMG_0907.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0210.jpeg
    IMG_0210.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 52
could not disagree more with this dude

i love, love grand seikos but if you have a brand name that has the same item in the same name being sold at macys for ~$100 then thats an image difficult to shake to get the public to spend rolex price tags on your watches

i love, love grand seikos but if you have a brand name that has the same item in the same name being sold at macys for ~$100 then thats an image difficult to shake to get the public to spend rolex price tags on your watches

I didn’t know much about watches til in the last year but I’ll be 100% honest when someone told me to look into grand seiko when I was looking at Tudor I thought it was some high end seiko that you could buy anywhere

those watches are nothing special IMO

watch nerds love them and they are great and you get a lot for the money but rolex (and patek and AP) are beyond those things at this point

its the best for the buck options but if you are only considering it because the rolex arent available then you will never beat rolex...

and speaking of rolex alternatives, doesnt get any more blatant than these :lol:

The Zenith Chronomaster Sport
1611279899130.png

1611279999729.png

1611280011181.png

1611279960287.png

hodinkee members are goddamn liars:

"If the article hadn't brought up the Daytona explicitly, I would not have made the connection. "

:lol:

and its $10k

should have priced it more inline with the speedy instead of being an in-between it and the daytona

I have really been into Zenith past year. I plan on adding either the purple El Primero or carbon at some point.

1611334596697.png
1611334664088.png

at $5k + the discount on zeniths and i would probably own one if not both cw

even at speedy price it would be good option

That fat Federico used to be alright , then he started pushing his overpriced garbage he's selling

speaking of the octos, save me some $$$ and convince me this is too big for my wrist...

1.jpg

in comparison
2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom