The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

It looks a little big but people were larg watches all the time trust your gut tho.

Are all the models just 30 metters water resistant? Imho for that price tag on a sports watch I always want at least 100 meters. But thats just me

The price increase in the secondary market of the 5711 over the past 5 years is mind boggling man.

It was at like $50 000 3 or 4 years back and i thought that was stupid

It looks a little big but people were larg watches all the time trust your gut tho.

Are all the models just 30 metters water resistant? Imho for that price tag on a sports watch I always want at least 100 meters. But thats just me

the new SS versions has 100m now with a screw down crown and thats what made it much more desirable, the first SS (with grey dial) only had 30mm iirc

it did get a little thicker by like .5mm? but thats not even noticeable, the watch is so comfortable on the wrist and the bracelets amazing

I literally have never met anyone who actually dives so I have always been a little confused as to why so many people make such a big deal about depth rating? I get what you are saying, but a lot of watch snobs will scoff at 100m like it just wont be suitable.

I literally have never met anyone who actually dives so I have always been a little confused as to why so many people make such a big deal about depth rating? I get what you are saying, but a lot of watch snobs will scoff at 100m like it just wont be suitable.

100m is perfectly fine for swimming but something like 30m and you might even be able to wear it washing dishes or you’re screwed if you forgot it and it suddenly rains

but yah watch snobs gon watch snob :lol:

speaking of the octos, save me some $$$ and convince me this is too big for my wrist...

1.jpg

in comparison
2.jpg
Too big. It looks like a huge metal cuff.

looks BIG, the massive presentation distracts from the especially good looking architecture of the lugz IMO. honestly it looks kind of fashion, like it's big just to look big.

it's actually small at 40mm and only 45mm lug to lug, it just happens to be squared and doesnt have the lug taper

my wrist just happens to be hella frail so that doesnt help

not my pic but it can be seen how the AP which i believe technically bigger at 41mm looks smaller in comparison
1611627264813.png

the blue is so oh so nice though
1611629606320.png

its not for everyone and i get what you’re saying thats why i prefer the black or blue dial over the tonal dials because that makes it a bracelet than a watch

Your Cartier is beautiful and looks like a great size for your wrist. If I owned both those watches, I can’t imagine ever picking up the Bvlgari to wear over the Cartier. The Cartier just flat out looks better and also happens to suit your wrist size better. Just my $0.02.

Takashi Murakami x Hublot
Classic Fusion All Black

$27,300 - Limited Edition 200 pieces
1611692033966.png

1611692046100.png

1611692151836.png

1611692055480.png

I cant even front I'm not a big Hublot fan and usually dislike black stones, but that is fun to look at. I would love to of seen multi color stones similar to what one would expect from Murakami.

what do you guys think about the tudor black bay 36mm with black dial on bracelet ? a model like this, would there be any discount from the AD ? if so, what discount % give or take can i expect ? i see it discounted for 16% on jomashop but i live in canada and there would be customs/taxes etc.

my other choice would be an explorer i but those aren't readily available and who knows when i would actually even have a chance to buy one. that was is also 39mm and i have a small wrist so 36mm may fit it better and aesthetically i think the black bay looks good and is very versatile.

36mm tudor black bay is a great choice, i was so close to getting the blue ones

as for price, im pretty happy if they can match or beat jomas prices especially if thats out the door and save extra on tax (joma adds tax on checkout now too, a few months ago they weren't)

36mm tudor black bay is a great choice, i was so close to getting the blue ones

as for price, im pretty happy if they can match or beat jomas prices especially if thats out the door and save extra on tax (joma adds tax on checkout now too, a few months ago they weren't)

so the typical AD should be able to do 10-15% off msrp for the black bay in your opinion ?

or more, its up to your haggling skills

it might also depend on your market and the demand

just keep visiting the AD and shoot the **** with someone there and be patient and if the watch doesnt move for months, then you can offer your price and go from there

Those 36mm can be had on discount pretty easily from what I’ve seen and read. Idk how it is in Canada and if you guys have a lot of ADs or if they even sell well at up, just go in and ask IMO

yah small watches arent usually in high demand, its only most recently that the 36mm OPs selling out quick

Are the OPs settling in? Im not sure if I can land the turquoise one yet... I would like to buy it for my wife within the year but all depends on if its available to purchase :ohwell:

Back
Top Bottom