The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

The panda dial chrono is very nice but my favourite is the steel explorer 1 36mm. The shape of watch and taper of the bracelet looks A1.

Bulgari Debuts Limited Edition Octo Finissimo Tadao Ando
1617802781325.jpeg

1617802793605.jpeg

I think I’ll be getting a Finissimo or an Octo Roma
They’ve grown on me so much

i wish it was smaller but yah its a beauty and the tadao ando edition is so nice and if i had the chance to get the grey one, i might have copped

1617805953680.jpeg

Yeah the size is appalling ... I’ve come to terms with it being used as a bracelet style instead of simply as a wrist watch :lol:

Still want a black one

are AD lists OD long for explorer IIs

i know everything sport is insane tho
This is the version I'd really want. It's the font on the bezel that really makes it stand out from the other models.
Rolex-ExplorerII-16550-173043-1-210108-153231.jpg

Last edited:
Still want a black one

are AD lists OD long for explorer IIs

i know everything sport is insane tho

it didnt seem too bad the past year but kind of gotten hyped the past few months because they thought rolex as gon' go with a complete rehaul so as a result the list probably got longer but i think you're good, maybe just a year wait? that also depends on your location

This is the version I'd really want. It's the font on the bezel that really makes it stand out from the other models.
Rolex-ExplorerII-16550-173043-1-210108-153231.jpg

I’m not really into vintage or older models, I wanted the newestbracelet and I kinda like the orange. Makes it pop. Everyone has a sub and I love it but kinda want an explorer more right now but I don’t think the wait is any different. Might go in a week or two and inquire and get on a list. I’m sure if and when they call me I’ll be good. Could pay for it now but got some things to get in order 💎💎

I’m not really into vintage or older models, I wanted the newestbracelet and I kinda like the orange. Makes it pop. Everyone has a sub and I love it but kinda want an explorer more right now but I don’t think the wait is any different. Might go in a week or two and inquire and get on a list. I’m sure if and when they call me I’ll be good. Could pay for it now but got some things to get in order 💎💎
I think your chances are good as the exp2 has had no changes to it's outer appearance so I don't think the demand for that model is going to be as high as the new subs, GMTs, OPs, or DJ36.

Last edited:
I think your chances are good as the exp2 has had no changes to it's outer appearance so I don't think the demand for that model is going to be as high as the new subs, GMTs, OPs, or DJ36.
prices are up on the explorer II though on the gray market

my buddy looking for one as well.

are you able to put name down for 2 watches same time with no history? I still want sub but I like the explorer.

are you able to put name down for 2 watches same time with no history? I still want sub but I like the explorer.
Man I had a history with the local ad (other jewelry, mainly for my wife), and after 1.5 years of waiting for a 114060 I just went gray and paid a few hundred more. Honestly I don’t even believe there was a list, at least at this ad. Needless to say I won’t shop at that store anymore. The whole experience of waiting and trying to get one just sucked. Basically they laughed at me. The other ADs in the area told me they don’t even get subs and refused to take my name. :lol:

The prices may even out over the coming months as these watches came onto market before the announcement and from the general vibe the exp2 was probably the most underwhelming of the new watches.

Yeah you can put your name down for a couple of watches at the same AD. It's just with history you stand a slightly better chance of obtaining the watch if you've spent money with them previously.

Also I believe most retailers keep track of what you get so it's quite possible if you got the sub, they would be in no rush to get you the explorer as they are aware of flippers hoping to sell on. I would just put your name down on at as many ADs as possible to increase your chances.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom