The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

VIA ROLEX:

"The scarcity of our products is not a strategy on our part. Our current production cannot meet the existing demand in an exhaustive way, at least not without reducing the quality of our watches – something we refuse to do as the quality of our products must never be compromised. This level of excellence requires time, and as we have always done, we will continue to take the necessary time to ensure that all our watches not only comply with our standards of excellence, but also meet the expectations of our customers in terms of quality, reliability and robustness. Rolex does not compromise on what it takes to produce exceptional watches.

All Rolex watches are developed and produced in-house at our four sites in Switzerland. They are assembled by hand, with extreme care, to meet the brand's unique and high-quality standards of quality, performance and aesthetics. Understandably, this naturally restricts our production capacities – which we continue to increase as much as possible and always according to our quality criteria.

Finally, it should be noted that Rolex watches are available exclusively from official retailers, who independently manage the allocation of watches to customers."

Saw this posted on IG. Some of the comments were hilarious.

F8179B1A-F96E-47C0-8AC2-6B2E283AFA40.jpeg

as a seller (the jeweler), they admitted to not inspect it themselves so thats a red flag too and if i bought anything from them in the last, im gon get that checked

as the buyer you got to be sure what you’re buying legit no matter what especially at that price

even ben saying dont buy watches from jewelers

Agreed 100%

I would verify but we’re talking about rappers here… not to be a **** but most ain’t that smart. They trust one shady jeweler and keep going to him

Will probably hit up the IWC event to see the pilot. The Scottsdale location is owned by Hyde Park so makes sense where they are stopping.

after a bit back and forth, picked up my new daily. A 16622 Yacht Master. Under $9k for a complete set and you’re getting a platinum dial and bezel. I’ve had so many subs and GMT’s that to me, at this stage in the Rolex game it’s about where the value is. I rather rock the black sheep knowing it’s a PM sports model than pay the market prices for a steel piece. You rarely see a 16622 on a wrist. I like that.

Attachments

• 48BF030A-AA1A-4B49-8078-B41A7B7AEA78.jpeg
    48BF030A-AA1A-4B49-8078-B41A7B7AEA78.jpeg
    425.6 KB · Views: 230
Will probably hit up the IWC event to see the pilot. The Scottsdale location is owned by Hyde Park so makes sense where they are stopping.

after a bit back and forth, picked up my new daily. A 16622 Yacht Master. Under $9k for a complete set and you’re getting a platinum dial and bezel. I’ve had so many subs and GMT’s that to me, at this stage in the Rolex game it’s about where the value is. I rather rock the black sheep knowing it’s a PM sports model than pay the market prices for a steel piece. You rarely see a 16622 on a wrist. I like that.
Great watch. I waited too long as these were under the radar for a while even after steel models shot up. I wanted to get the 116622 as I prefer how the bracelet meets the watch but the 16622 has a better grain on the platinum dial.

hate how the hype on those has risen, i mean its a ss rolex, i get it but its not a sports model and they cant even give a dj36 away not even before the pandemic

first time i inquired to my AD about the blue fluted dial when it was announced, two of them and their response is "i'll text you when I get them"

now that i followed up, they're response is "its not looking good"

:smh:

hate how the hype on those has risen, i mean its a ss rolex, i get it but its not a sports model and they cant even give a dj36 away not even before the pandemic

first time i inquired to my AD about the blue fluted dial when it was announced, two of them and their response is "i'll text you when I get them"

It's getting too crazy the way things are going right now.

The only way it might be addressed is if Rolex take it in house but even then I'd expect nonsense like this to continue. I imagine if they do set up their own boutiques like many have speculated prices will rise again significantly.

It's getting too crazy the way things are going right now.

The only way it might be addressed is if Rolex take it in house but even then I'd expect nonsense like this to continue. I imagine if they do set up their own boutiques like many have speculated prices will rise again significantly.

ironically they produce too much watches to go the boutique only route

AP and Patek can do it because they make/sell so much less, iirc in 2020 Patek sold 50k and AP sold 40k and thats mainly because thats how much watches they make annually

in comparison Rolex is closer to 900k watches and Omegas at around 500k so going the boutique only route is just not reasonable and will take a decade or so to get done

pums pums give us a review of the OP41.

litflynt912 litflynt912 nice pickup. My boy is looking to pick up exact same reference because of the exact same reasons you picked up yours. Can't say I disagree either.
Used it only once so far :lol:

I’ve only had experience with a Sky Dweller 39 Daytona and a Seamaster.

The OP feels so much lighter than the others and especially compared to the SD so much easier to set the time. The 41 doesn’t feel or wear as big

pums pums give us a review of the OP41.

litflynt912 litflynt912 nice pickup. My boy is looking to pick up exact same reference because of the exact same reasons you picked up yours. Can't say I disagree either.

thanks bro. Sold the Porsche so I’m slowly losing my mind buying other things lol

the 16622 is the value play right now. You really wanna pay $15k for an OP? That’s crazy. The YM is a PM sports model. Checks all the boxes. You can dress it up or down and no ones going to be wearing one or know what it is unless they know watches.
If you can find one for the 8-9k range it’s a better value than a five digit sub.
Rolex isn’t going to fix anything. Nothing really is going to change. Even if we see a recession, I don’t personally believe prices will fall.
grays will just hold onto inventory and ride it though. Some models might see it (OP’s) but sports models will probably level off.
Rolex won’t raise MSRP. ADs aren’t going to put models into display cases.

if it fits your wrist, its great but having practically no bezel gon make it look bigger than 43mm

worth trying on if you got the chance, go to one of those I posted if it comes near your area

Didn’t need another watch, but for $50 why not? More than a hundred less than the Hodinkee Q and $60 less than the Todd Snyder Q I grabbed last year. I wonder what kinda coating was used on it.

E463848D-A1CE-4C98-A93B-D94B98B91E6D.jpeg

i just told the dude I know just put me down for a couple models and whenever you get back to me I’m ready to roll.. but he told me the shh was going be years, but figure might as well get the clock rolling

I’ve got a friend looking to unload a 36mm blue oyster bracelet datejust. Watch is new and unsized.

I believe he’s just asking for retail plus tax. I don’t have a need for it but maybe one of y’all might.

pic for reference

8A9A5C1B-88DB-4677-AD2C-5A209097CB42.png

This is how things supposedly work at ADs over here in the UK when it comes to ss rolex models.

Back
Top Bottom