The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

This thing on jubilee looks so much better IMO.

0DA61B10-ED18-441D-8FF1-BF2B1E54FB1F_1_105_c.jpeg
wow man

Soooo i was looking into those new g shock metal. And i was put on to game about the “casioak” craze.
correct me if im wrong but they are customizing their g shocks into ap royal oaks?? Someone help me understand please

Soooo i was looking into those new g shock metal. And i was put on to game about the “casioak” craze.
correct me if im wrong but they are customizing their g shocks into ap royal oaks?? Someone help me understand please

Yeah. It's just an aftermarket case they're putting on. Some look good some don't.

that pretty much sums it up

g-shocks has these outer plastic shell that you can disassemble and put on a new metal case thats shaped to be a royal oak

real simple

and then g-shock decided to release their own metal versions

1633229376746.jpeg

So its just a fake it til u make it kinda thing?

i wouldnt say its a “fake it til you make it” thing, modding watches been a thing for a while and really common with seikos

some just want that look (and why so many brands are making integrated bracelet watches now) and these are their options and you can play around wih them

i mean even if you want the watch and can afford them, you cant get em unless you pay twice/three times retail in the grey market

What would y’all recommend for a sub 1k starter watch?

Last edited:
that pretty much sums it up

g-shocks has these outer plastic shell that you can disassemble and put on a new metal case thats shaped to be a royal oak

real simple

and then g-shock decided to release their own metal versions

1633229376746.jpeg

i wouldnt say its a “fake it til you make it” thing, modding watches been a thing for a while and really common with seikos

some just want that look (and why so many brands are making integrated bracelet watches now) and these are their options and you can play around wih them

i mean even if you want the watch and can afford them, you cant get em unless you pay twice/three times retail in the grey market

Yeah those metal ones i really like but theyre sold out everywhere.

be specific on the the of watch you want and at what size, just too hard to suggest something

Yeah those metal ones i really like but theyre sold out everywhere.

be patient, itll restock, its not limited edition

just like the metal squares, it initially sold out quick but now its everywhere

AP boutique opened yesterday at South Coast Plaza and figured its the best chance i had at getting an RO

i called this morning to get an appointment but was told it was fully booked but they were taking walk ins

when i got there the line was pretty long and the AP employee upfront pretty much said they only have exhibition pieces and they had nothing for sale

after 45min wait and when they didnt let anyone in the walk-in line go in, i just left, the dude in front lf the line was there at least two hours but let those with appointments go first

AP boutique opened yesterday at South Coast Plaza and figured its the best chance i had at getting an RO

i called this morning to get an appointment but was told it was fully booked but they were taking walk ins

when i got there the line was pretty long and the AP employee upfront pretty much said they only have exhibition pieces and they had nothing for sale

after 45min wait and when they didnt let anyone in the walk-in line go in, i just left, the dude in front lf the line was there at least two hours but let those with appointments go first
Damn, thanks for the update. It's almost unbelievable at this point.

Been lurking this thread for awhile but making my first post.

In 2014 my wife (girlfriend back then) is shopping for a Mother's day gift. Walked into the Tourneau/Rolex here in SF, opened an account, and walked out with a 36 mm DJ.

Fast forward a bit to 2016 we're shopping for wedding watches and I end up getting an IWC Portugieser Chronograph, also from Tourneau in SF.

Fast forward again to 2021 and I have a short list of watches, with the one below being at the top. Knowing the state of the market I was fully ready to settle for a Tudor Black Bay S&G. Early September we're back in Tourneau/Rolex in SF the SA is getting our information. She sees that we have a history at the store and she was the same SA who sold my wife the DJ back in 2014. She says I'll let you know when we get something in. This past Saturday we're with our son in Monterey and she texts asking if we're free, and here we are.

Attachments

• IMG_9414.jpg
    IMG_9414.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 274
They told me the same thing lol
I bought a 36mm. Told me males usually don’t go under 40mm.
I liked the watch and the fit for me personally and it was my 30th birthday so I pulled the trigger. I’m happy with it

i get the same looks, i was at the AD yesterday and wanted to try on a bunch of cartiers but the smaller ones like the 36mm ballon bleu and large tank and small santos dumont and even the Americaine (that one got the wridest look) they asked "whose the gift for?"

i was like eff that and told em its for me and if my girl wants to borrow em them maybe if she's nice

there was an awkward chuckle from that because i dont think they knew if i was serious or not

its 35mm, still small because it has a big bezel despite it being square-ish

its a great watch especially if you can be happy with the bracelet and the strap that comes with it because the quickswitch system means you'd have to get it directly from cartier or go custom which can be pricey

Its a really underrated watch .... I even think the medium you got looks the best because of the no date, looks way cleaner

I got two large santos last month with the hopes that I could customize them to do a Stella dial in Tiffany blue and green or yellow. Turns out I have to glue the dial to the movement so I decided not to do it.

I got them sight unseen and wish I had gotten medium instead. The large isn’t so huge but the case is thick.

Back
Top Bottom