The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

both 37mm and 40mm everose YM was sitting in my AD earlier last year and the 37mm sat for a couple of months at least, the 40mm took maybe a few weeks before its gone

its nice and its definitely one of the easier ones to get if my AD has it sitting, means no ones on the list for it

i think the 37mm fit me better too but the 40mm is definitely the one to get is you can swing it

2.jpg

1.jpg

If my AD calls me for it it’s a done deal and I told him that already. Then I’m pretty much done with Rolex unless they offer me things I can’t say no to.

any recos for this? i have a tt collecting dust .

I have had the best experience with Rubber B. I especially like straps that integrate the factory clasp. Order directly from the site or an authorized reseller. There's so many fakes of them out there.

IMG_5149.jpeg

Rose gold one belongs to my friend, super jealous it's beautiful. The leather one i've had for years and the yellow oysterflex I bought about two months ago.

The two tone in the back is my friends watch that he took into the ocean with the pushers unscrewed.

To clarify, I've been waiting 5 years for a steel daytona. A two tone one shouldn't be too difficult to get, luckily.

Last edited:
any recos for this? i have a tt collecting dust .

top two out there is everest and rubber b but what everest got over the rubber b is that they finally have a short version and thats always a plus for me and id personally go with them for that reason alone

Sup fellas.

Been looking to get an entry level watch that'll last for a long time.

Been doing some researching and a lot of ppl seem to recommended the Rolex OP.

Just wanted to get some other opinions?

Sup fellas.

Been looking to get an entry level watch that'll last for a long time.

Been doing some researching and a lot of ppl seem to recommended the Rolex OP.

Just wanted to get some other opinions?

it doesnt get as simple as a 3-hander OP but if 36mm fits you well, I prefer the explorer but its a matter of being able to get one unless you dont mind going grey market

as an alternative, the Tudor Black Bay comes in 36mm and 41mm in variety of colors, easier to get and less than $3k at msrp

it doesnt get as simple as a 3-hander OP but if 36mm fits you well, I prefer the explorer but its a matter of being able to get one unless you dont mind going grey market

as an alternative, the Tudor Black Bay comes in 36mm and 41mm in variety of colors, easier to get and less than $3k at msrp

any recommenced gray market sites that are legit?

Chrono24 markups are pretty insane but that’s the market - few friends liked Joma Shop and have said super easy to work with but they will need to get what you want.

I had good luck in the past on a few watches off chrono24 by getting the sellers to do the deal outside chrono24. But I haven’t done that in two years, and did add some risk.

jomashop is always reliable but they keep the warranty card and any warranty work goes through their own shop warranty

i recommend davidsw because even though its grey, most of the time the watch comes signed by a legit AD so its like buying it from an AD and you can bring it to a service center/AD to get any warranty work done

but if you dont mind that, joma is definitely a good option, got my Monaco and Hamilton from there with no issues, some do need to be tracked down by them but they usually specify it like "in stock,r eady to ship" or "will ship in 5-7 days" or "call for availability"

Just need to be careful with them finding what you want (JS that is) - buddy ordered for his wedding and was told it would be there in a week - took 3 months (luckily he had the time).

he had patience then

i ordered the BB36 from them when it said in-stock, it didnt ship after 5 days and i contacted then they lost the box and i then i cancelled and got my money back

He said they checked in 2-3x a week but I wouldn’t play that.

I know they are great with returns - different buddy just bought a DJ for his wife and it was too much for her - they took it back no questions asked

Never been a fan of smart watches, still not.

F7C365C1-ACAC-4205-815C-4EB049685174.jpeg

i dont mind smartwatches, i used to have an apple watch but at that price you got to have too much disposable income

i find smartwatches just becomes outdates quick like phones so paying a few hundred is easier to swallow every 4-5 years than $4k and its likely going to have a worse performing cpu in there

i tag has a trade-in program with their smartwatches (at least they did when they started offering them) where you can get some credits for another tag if you decided to let it go later on

i stopped using/buying an apple watch because at least once every few months, it will have an issue syncing with my phone or my daily runs and it got annoying and felt like its software deteriorated after a year or so

i actually want to get the moser swiss alp to mock my dissatisfaction with the apple watch but they only made like 50 pieces and its a $30k grudge at the end of the day :lol:
sXNeYbjAianJ8t6yNvcckZ.gif

H-Moser-Cie-Swiss-Alp-Watch-Final-Upgrade-review-5.jpg

H-Moser-Cie-5324-1205-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom