The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

To da gime
8DB91BA5-B0AA-4FD4-8180-14DA6E010515.jpeg

damn that sucks (about the black bay pro) but thats great (that your enjoyin life in spain)

are they gon hold it for you?
Thanks man.

They said they could hold it till Wednesday but I don't get back till Friday so I'll wait till my name comes up again.

Was with my friend who got this recently. Makes me want to trade my rootbeer for one. Love how this feels on the wrist. Going to see my AD for a black face one on the oyster.

Attachments

• 9E6F9FD7-5511-4D97-AD83-BFD1C3002C18.jpeg
    9E6F9FD7-5511-4D97-AD83-BFD1C3002C18.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 121
Thinking of picking up a Frederique Constant with the moonphase and heartbeat combination. It’s about time for something new and I’ve always loved this brand’s designs.
€1890 seems like a relatively low price too.
Still need to check out a whole bunch of other options though and do some more research.
58BF99CB-FDDF-42E1-8A6F-D3FFA1E538C1.png

This in person is mint. On my list.

I went into my Omega and had a side by side sit down with the latest speedy hesalite and sapphire just to make sure which one im most interested in again.

Out of interest i asked if they had this in to have a squiz at and they had a viewing piece in. If it was available before December I’d probably go for this before the speedy, its that good.

Last edited:
Thinking of picking up a Frederique Constant with the moonphase and heartbeat combination. It’s about time for something new and I’ve always loved this brand’s designs.
€1890 seems like a relatively low price too.
Still need to check out a whole bunch of other options though and do some more research.
58BF99CB-FDDF-42E1-8A6F-D3FFA1E538C1.png
I Like their Classic Moonphase Manufacture, the brand kinda reminds me of Raymond Weil

why would it be foolish?

heard stories but AD's telling people with no history theres a 15 year wait time for the higher sought after models... aka its just a polite way of them saying "**** off"

and of course the sub is one of the most popular sports model

heard stories but AD's telling people with no history theres a 15 year wait time for the higher sought after models... aka its just a polite way of them saying "**** off"

the worst thing they can do is say no

shhhhhh.. my plan is whenever I’m over stateside, just getting my name on various lists and if shh comes through, it comes through

if it’s going take 5 years, might as well get the clock started

Any fans of the Oris Aquis? My buddy just started working as an AD and was telling me about an Oris event that have coming up. Seems too like like a very complementary piece to a Sub. Any thoughts on these in here? Anyone own? Likes? Dislikes?

i dont own an oris but about 5-10 years ago, when people would ask me which brand to start with i always suggest the oris and the aquis model as a sub alternative

these days theres tissot, longines and a handful of micro brands but oris is still making very good watches and mostly for a very good price

if you can get in that event, definitely attend and check out what they have to offer and you will see how good they are

the propilot x is the one watch i really want to check out from the brand

1659329418610.jpeg

Awesome. Thank you for the insight. He’s adding me to the list tomorrow. I’m certainly interested in a Sub alternative as that Rolex list is long. So was potentially thinking this as a diver and then a Santos for my first luxury piece.

Awesome. Thank you for the insight. He’s adding me to the list tomorrow. I’m certainly interested in a Sub alternative as that Rolex list is long. So was potentially thinking this as a diver and then a Santos for my first luxury piece.

Definitely a solid move early in your watch collecting - good luck!

Any fans of the Oris Aquis? My buddy just started working as an AD and was telling me about an Oris event that have coming up. Seems too like like a very complementary piece to a Sub. Any thoughts on these in here? Anyone own? Likes? Dislikes?
I love them.

Ive been looking out for a Great Barrier III for a while now and stupidly didnt grab one for the low low when i had the chance.

Last edited:

You’ll be fine

I bet you get one quicker than you think

F8AD9455-F970-4459-AE40-55C12D928B82.png

Here’s event details. I’m certainly going.

Back
Top Bottom