The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I kick myself over and over again for not buying more during that era

My first sub was at 2012 now I gotta build my account profile to like 30K to be considered for a Kermit :lol:
And get this once you do those numbers you reset again and have to play the game for the next rolex time piece

Like I literally can’t get an Explorer 1 because it would be a waste of my purchase history when I can land a Pepsi or Batman instead

Watches of Switzerland had this bad boy instock- wish it had the fluted bezel and no diamond dial

Attachments

• 86E9BA52-9554-4C49-AB52-1B63D579DB3D.jpeg
    86E9BA52-9554-4C49-AB52-1B63D579DB3D.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 340
Curious as to the sequence of events which led him to start a DTC watch “brand”. No doubt it involved a lot of cocaine.

All in the interview. 3.7 mill investment of his own money. Seemed like more of a protect, he was tryna target a niche while being clueless about the watch world.

What I love about SMP300:
- Wave dial
- Chunky bezel teeth/turns
- Skeleton hands
- OEM rubber option
- Blue and green are stellar options
- See through case back is nice touch
- Great micro adjust clasp

Could be better:
- Slightly smaller
- Prettier and tapered bracelet

I like the date at 6 and don’t mind thee helium escape valve at all.

i still want the white seamaster

its the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to white dial divers

was just curious.. Thoughts?

which one?
IMG-20181114-WA0002.jpg
20181205_181705.jpg

s-l400.jpg
I had the current seamaster and previous to that the non America's Cup sword hand chrono. Lovely watches in general with one or two caveats depending on your tastes/wearing habits.

The quality of the newer version is definitely on par with some higher end watches with high level finishing and precision of the movement. The dial is beautiful with it being able to go from glossy to wavy to matt in different light conditions. The movement on mine didn't gain more than a second a day with but some owners have reported less than a second per week.

Some things to consider though, having to work within the design language of the original design there are some aesthetics I didn't like such as a non tapering bracelet (the bracelet is very uncomfortable), skeleton hands, thickness, and the helium escape valve which didn't bother me.

Another thing to bare in mind is servicing on new models. With the co-axial 8800 movement you may be limited in regards to who will be willing to service and as such may be more expensive.

Wore the original Bond SMP for years, never once had an issue with it…Solid as a rock but had worked its way up to about 5 seconds fast a day there at the end…Had it serviced and gave it to my brother in law as as a wedding gift back in 2010…He still wears it almost almost every day…

As for me, this has essentially become my daily at this point…Felt like the hype 88xx METAS movements were getting was a bit over the top but mine runs about 2 seconds fast a week when I keep it crown up overnight…Insanely accurate…

3F943766-C3E8-4CC1-A1E6-ACE579851EC8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom