The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Wore the original Bond SMP for years, never once had an issue with it…Solid as a rock but had worked its way up to about 5 seconds fast a day there at the end…Had it serviced and gave it to my brother in law as as a wedding gift back in 2010…He still wears it almost almost every day…

As for me, this has essentially become my daily at this point…Felt like the hype 88xx METAS movements were getting was a bit over the top but mine runs about 2 seconds fast a week when I keep it crown up overnight…Insanely accurate…

3F943766-C3E8-4CC1-A1E6-ACE579851EC8.jpeg

Awesome! I love the titanium and the vintage look. Matches so well with beiges and browns and seems to be a talking piece when I go out.

No issues to report either. My AD tells me I should have one of the first 60th anniversary when they land. Switch to steel which is kinda meh to me but the color and slick movement in the rear wins.

I put it on top some brown hues I think it kills it with. Such a clean piece tho it doesn’t matter. Super light being titanium and the 42mm size is just enough.

Out of all the James Bond x Omega pieces this is the only one Craig had input in. Some cool reading online about it.

BD840A10-3802-4C05-85D6-DD70FA269A0B.jpeg
F1683FD7-69A4-4C2C-988F-8961F7BA6572.jpeg
776EA4AB-AD94-47F4-A193-1B2593D62100.jpeg

59057723-5444-439F-9497-669C3289958B.jpeg

Same for me :lol:…Really ended up liking the Milanese way more than I thought I would at first…Eventually I’ll throw the NATO on there but don’t feel the need just yet…
The same! Was unsure in pics but in person I loved the Milanese.

Thought I'd add my name to another list today so I stopped by another AD. EMPTY. Only 1 watch on display (Day Date) for try on.

The 1 sales associate there was a complete **** too. Not sure if he was having a bad day or if everyone called out. It was a Watches of Switzerland with very good reviews too.

I gave a look to the security guard there and me and him kinda nodded in agreement like wtf is wrong with this guy? Gonna just stick to my AD who I've been in constant contact with instead.

thinking about engraving my submariner.

its my first watch and I know imnever going to sell it and want to pass it down.

thoughts? any cons to engraving besides resale value?

i always felt like rolex caseback are clean and plain exactly for engraving purposes

if you do not plan on getting rid of it and its going to be a family heirloom, i say go for it

just make sure its done by someone who knows what they're doing and that you pick the right font

I went to the Swatch store in Time Square (NYC) today, and the employee there mentioned that they should be receiving a full shipment of Omega x Swatch watches within the next two weeks. I'm not sure how quickly they'll go, but I'm trying to avoid paying the crazy resell prices on these. They did have some still in stock (Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Earth) but I'm looking for Moon or Mercury.

Are mercury and moon even still going for a lot on the resell market? I haven't checked in ages since I was able to finally grab the moon at my local swatch store

Back
Top Bottom