The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

^ I would gladly pay the extra $400 for piece of mind, especially if it was my first purchase. And I say this as someone who's spend 6 figures in Moda (with my most recent purchase being yesterday).

Always gotta do your due diligence on Moda.

Not sure where he's located but he can prob get those same prices in the NYC diamond district or these instagram sellers in person at these jewelry booths.

Some of these watches are everywhere that I try to avoid all wiring in general if I want to impulse buy.

If my budget was $20k for a Rollie I would be...
A. Making a vacation around going to Paris and copping on site (I believe the Euro is still down so you are getting it on the disco. No guarantees they have a Batgirl though)
B. Pulling up in-person like ballinsam23 ballinsam23 mentioned to the diamond district or booths

I just wouldn't feel comfortable wiring something that high without having it verified in-hand.

Eh, the Moda network is pretty strong and there are a bunch of trusted dealers on there. There’s also the rwb and mda groups that you have to buy into to be verified sellers. I wouldn’t bother dealing with someone that wasn’t at least a group expert.

Just picked up a Moonswatch earth. Any recommendations for replacement bands?

I just switch out my Mercury band for this band from Barton

67418F63-B174-4329-9BBA-EAF515E2EC73.jpeg

I was thinking of picking up the Omega Speedmaster as another daily outside the Submariner, but that Moonwatch with that band is nice.

Was going to put a black band on it anyway, but this would be a much more cost-effective option.

I was thinking of picking up the Omega Speedmaster as another daily outside the Submariner, but that Moonwatch with that band is nice.

Was going to put a black band on it anyway, but this would be a much more cost-effective option.

yeah, even at resale the Moonswatch will be a fraction of the cost of a Speedy Pro.

excellent strap swap :smokin

On white gold I prefer my dial but I'm a big sucker for the yellow gold meteorite.

Saving the platona for my 40th bday then hopefully we can move onto some gem-set off-catalogue pieces (and perhaps start trying to acquire the 4 beach series Daytonas).

2021-Rolex-Daytona-116508-Yellow-Gold-Meteorite-Dial-Panda-7.jpg

Good luck man! I don’t know if I could pull off the Daytona beaches but the boxes are damn sick. Some crazies out there selling just the baby blue box for 10 grand.

I was at Berlin Airport earlier today. The Swatch store had select Omega x MoonSwatch pieces for EUR 260. The brown one was okay, but I wasn't really feeling any of them.

Been debating buying a Grand Seiko for my 30th next month but I feel like I wouldn't give it the wrist time it deserves.
When I'm at work I either wear my Seiko King Samurai or 5KX and outside of work I have a a PRX and Presage for everyday wear.

As it is I feel I don't wear the PRX nor Presage enough and if I do end up getting a Grand Seiko it would probably be relegated to the same fate.

Last edited:
so the new moonswatch has a moonshine gold second hand

and the seconds hands was made during a full moon? :rofl: theyve got to be trolling people now :lol:

Back
Top Bottom