The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Man I was winding the **** out of that thing daily 
laugh.gif

I just wasn't a fan of how it looked on me.

Damn, too small for sure then. I think I could rock something even bigger than the Deepsea actually.

An AP ROO should be on your short list. I'd like to get an AP ROC one day, I need to sell the watches I don't wear and move up the ladder.

Just takes some major balls to drop Solid gold Rolex money on a stainless AP lol, but I think I'm ready.

SS resales higher anyways and gold Rolex could go on a much higher discount so there should be no regrets there, value-wise.

Last edited:
For the most part, yes.

Like with the Daytona, it's close to impossible to get a discount on the SS version while on any gold version, some stores can't even give them away even at 10%-15% off.

Grey market is somewhat of a goo indication too on how they move. I haven't checked in a while but grey market stores sometimes marks up SS Daytonas if they have it in stock while the gold versions are discounted.

I think even in the secondary market, many buyers are looking for bigger percentage discount on gold than SS.

Of course gold costing 3x-4x more also plays a role in it, less people out there can spend $30k on a gold watch than those that can spend $10k on an SS.

Plenty of other factors that we could go to in depth detail with and why gold depreciates faster too but maybe more in the jewelry thread could chime in?

Okay enough fun with the fake Daytona, let's all move on.

trey ohh five: Nice Datejust, don't mind the haters.

Got this watch currently on layaway at the AD (sounds 
laugh.gif
, right?) and will "take delivery" mid-September. 

Of course gold costing 3x-4x more also plays a role in it, less people out there can spend $30k on a gold watch than those that can spend $10k on an SS.

Plenty of other factors that we could go to in depth detail with and why gold depreciates faster too but maybe more in the jewelry thread could chime in?
The amount of people that will spend even remotely close to $10k on a watch is so small, I know zero people that would even fathom $30k.

I like how this thread has become post a Rolex, a Panerai or a Patek or you get zero advice or attention. Watch snobbery is such a shame. I've asked advice multiple times and have waited for someone kind enough to respond and everyone just overlooks to post the next Rolex. I don't get it. Why doesn't the thread just be renamed to high end watch thread if that's all it's about.

My girl got me an Earnshaw 8006. Not a big fan of watches at all but I wear it with pride since its from her. I actually like it and the way it works fascinates the hell out of me. I tried looking online for a real vs fake (she copped it from a major outlet mall in the Philippines) just to see if I could spot any differences. Even if it's fake I'm still wearing it since its a gift from her but I want to just learn more about this watch, and timepieces overall.

I've always been intrigued by gold timepieces but never seriously considered purchasing one for myself. That all changed the other night when a gentleman sitting at a table next to mine was wearing a rose gold RO (black face/black croc strap). What a stunning timepiece (but then again, I absolutely love the RO).

View media item 2132349

The problem with going precious metal is that it makes you want more. That's a sharp looking AP.

Hey guys, was looking to get some advice. Im looking to possibly begin a restoration project. Looking into an older Omega Seamaster. Has anyone done a restoration project on an older watch? Worth it? Overall experience? Thanks fam.

What makes you think that it is a fake? Because it is from the Philippines?
No, I was just curious really since I tried a search online to spot any differences. The outlet mall was legit as hell (Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Coach, etc) I like seeing the detail on a watch.

Last edited:
I like how this thread has become post a Rolex, a Panerai or a Patek or you get zero advice or attention. Watch snobbery is such a shame. I've asked advice multiple times and have waited for someone kind enough to respond and everyone just overlooks to post the next Rolex. I don't get it. Why doesn't the thread just be renamed to high end watch thread if that's all it's about.

Whats the question? Actually there have been very helpful posts for watches in all price ranges. Just like other NT threads people don't like repeating the same things when there is a search function. It could also be someone may not be able to answer your particular question.

Okay enough fun with the fake Daytona, let's all move on.

trey ohh five: Nice Datejust, don't mind the haters.

Got this watch currently on layaway at the AD (sounds :lol: , right?) and will "take delivery" mid-September. 
View media item 2131545

Congratulations, did you pay MSRP + Tax?? I've never done layaway before since many of my watches are grey market, but i'm definitely curious.

I've always been intrigued by gold timepieces but never seriously considered purchasing one for myself. That all changed the other night when a gentleman sitting at a table next to mine was wearing a rose gold RO (black face/black croc strap). What a stunning timepiece (but then again, I absolutely love the RO).

View media item 2132349

DANGGGGGGGG. You have a 15400 right? I remember someone in here does.

Been looking for the right technomarine since mine was stolen, it was my daily watch and they no longer make the model I had. I've seen a few very similar invictas, but know nothing about them quality wise... any insight on them? Or something similar to a technomarine? Has to be yellow gold plated and polyurethane strap. Im not looking for something fancy or more than a few hundred bucks, its a daily watch. Quality doesn't have to be impeccable, but I don't want it falling apart a year after I purchase it.

Congratulations, did you pay MSRP + Tax?? I've never done layaway before since many of my watches are grey market, but i'm definitely curious.

Thanks bro. Got it for 21% off and shipping out of state.

The AD here allows you to pay up to 10 months layaway (keeps it in the safe in the meantime) and then also offers 12 months 0% financing on a Wells Fargo credit card that's same as cash. Will have half the watch paid off by next month then will charge and pay the rest over 10 months while it's on my wrist. Makes it much easier to stomach by spreading out the payments and being able to enjoy it in the meantime.

Last edited:
that's not a bad plan, just make sure the card is stamped when you get the watch out of the safe so you don't lose that 10 months of warranty

whats the best way to shop for a ~5k rolex? i had a submariner about 5 years ago I was gifted that I sold for like $3k with no papers or box. one of the dumbest decisions i ever made in life and since I already owned one, I've wanted a rollie again ever since. 

is 5k even worth investing? I bet the watch I sold is worth at least 10k now. 
frown.gif

Thanks bro. Got it for 21% off and shipping out of state.

The AD here allows you to pay up to 10 months layaway (keeps it in the safe in the meantime) and then also offers 12 months 0% financing on a Wells Fargo credit card that's same as cash. Will have half the watch paid off by next month then will charge and pay the rest over 10 months while it's on my wrist. Makes it much easier to stomach by spreading out the payments and being able to enjoy it in the meantime.
Almost as good as the deal my AD was running last Mothers Day, 24 months financing at 0% through Wells Fargo, couldn't pass it up. 

To the guy above and anyone else looking for a Rolex, if you cant get approved through your AD, Jomashop offers Affirm for a lot of their watches and I don't think they even pull your credit, they hit you with a high interest rate but they split up the payments for you over a year and you can pay it off anytime to save on the fees. 

Question.

Always have been eying the BLNT since it released. I am going to be traveling soon and would there be any benefits to trying to buy it or look around for one in Hong Kong and/or Japan?

I don't want to get fleeced with buying a used one unless it's for an AD and want to make sure what I am buying is the real deal. With that, any benefits in buying overseas? I've been googling it but no real answers in the current time and economy in both of those regions.

whats the best way to shop for a ~5k rolex? i had a submariner about 5 years ago I was gifted that I sold for like $3k with no papers or box. one of the dumbest decisions i ever made in life and since I already owned one, I've wanted a rollie again ever since. 

is 5k even worth investing? I bet the watch I sold is worth at least 10k now. :frown:

If it makes you feel better it's highly unlikely that the watch is worth 10k especially without box or papers. Assuming it was a stainless steel black bezel model.

The only recent modern SS subs fetching five digits are mint early green bezel black dial anniversary models.

Back
Top Bottom