The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Clean Tag, I remember when I bought my first Aquaracer and started this problem 
laugh.gif

I think the modern two tone sport watches with a ceramic bezel are pretty breathtaking.

Die hards tend to choose either gold or steel but I personally find the two tone sub extremely handsome. Watch isn't mine, but just comparing it to my hulk.

View media item 2202976

^ Something about the blue sub w/ yellow gold (either two-tone or full gold) screams Florida retiree to me :lol:

I think I'm gonna go for the GMT though. Looks like 20-25% off list is easily obtainable.

Just found this thread. I'm looking to buy my first Rolex. I'm gunning for the black face submariner (w/ date.) Since it's my first I'm thinking about buying used. Is there any special place I should be looking? (Ebay, Craigslist etc?) I'm seeing them from around $4k-$5k. 

I most likely will probably just end up buying a new one but I am enjoying looking around for a deal.  Nice pics btw guys, I've been browsing the thread since finding it tonight.

Just found this thread. I'm looking to buy my first Rolex. I'm gunning for the black face submariner (w/ date.) Since it's my first I'm thinking about buying used. Is there any special place I should be looking? (Ebay, Craigslist etc?) I'm seeing them from around
 I most likely will probably just end up buying a new one but I am enjoying looking around for a deal.  Nice pics btw guys, I've been browsing the thread since finding it tonight.

Watchrecon.com check the sellers feedback. You can find a 90's model 16610 for high 4k to 5K ish.

Just found this thread. I'm looking to buy my first Rolex. I'm gunning for the black face submariner (w/ date.) Since it's my first I'm thinking about buying used. Is there any special place I should be looking? (Ebay, Craigslist etc?) I'm seeing them from around $4k-$5k. 

chrono24.com has good deals

chrono24.com has good deals
Watchrecon.com check the sellers feedback. You can find a 90's model 16610 for high 4k to 5K ish.
Add an extra $1,000 to your budget and get a lightly used 114060.
Thanks guys repped. 
nthat.gif

I just googled both of those numbers and they both look like black face submariners. What am I missing? Is one just an older model I assume?

This looks like a decent deal (I did some research on the difference. I like how the new ones have a better bezel that lines up perfectly and the new ceramic is more scratch proof. I also like that blueish glow too, so I think I'm gonna go for that one.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Oyster-Perpetual-Submariner-Date-116610-Ceramic-/152290875858

Last edited:
6 digits = new, ceramic dial. The 114060 doesn't have the date function which means it's cheaper but the advantage is you get a symmetrical dial which isn't ruined by the cyclops. It's a matter of preference but I consider it to be one of the nicest stainless sport watches on the market period.

6 digits = new, ceramic dial. The 114060 doesn't have the date function which means it's cheaper but the advantage is you get a symmetrical dial which isn't ruined by the cyclops. It's a matter of preference but I consider it to be one of the nicest stainless sport watches on the market period.
Yeah I found that out after posting. Thanks for the response.

You make a good point about the date bubble cyclops eye lol. I kinda like it but then again I kind of like it without, like you said it makes it more symmetrical. 

Yeah I found that out after posting. Thanks for the response.

You make a good point about the date bubble cyclops eye lol. I kinda like it but then again I kind of like it without, like you said it makes it more symmetrical. 
I LOOOVVEEED the cyclops on mine when I had it, one of the main reasons I bought it. 

I would check out Jomashop and DavidSW for some good deals too.

I LOOOVVEEED the cyclops on mine when I had it, one of the main reasons I bought it. 

I would check out Jomashop and DavidSW for some good deals too.
I like it both ways, I would like to have the date on there, but I also like it without. I'll have to just think about it for a bit. I'll probably end up going to an AD and try both of them on.

I've flip flopped on this very decision many times. My issue as silly as it sounds is in my line of work I typically check the date often enough and not always through electronic means. So the date as a regular functionality of the watch is appealing. I just don't love the cyclops itself.

I've flip flopped on this very decision many times. My issue as silly as it sounds is in my line of work I typically check the date often enough and not always through electronic means. So the date as a regular functionality of the watch is appealing. I just don't love the cyclops itself.
Yeah that's pretty much my exact predicament.

Yeah that's pretty much my exact predicament.
I was in your situation last year. Ended up with the GMT Master which comes with the cyclops and I love it. Its convenient when you can just quickly glance at your wrist for the date instead of pulling out your phone or looking around for a calendar. 

I've mentioned before in this thread that date was somewhat important to me cause it just saves an extra second or two from going into my phone. Doesn't seem like much but when I wear my Daytonas I keep looking at my watch (sigh) then pull out my phone.

That being said, it's not a deal breaker by any means.

I'll be honest and admit that when I had my 114060, I would look at my wrist almost daily to try and check for the date. I never learned :lol:

That Pelagos looks really nice on the rubber strap. The Sea-Dweller is a goddamn brick though :smh:

Still trying to decide on the two-tone GMT.

Back
Top Bottom