The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

20181126_162342.jpg

Yeah I don't know what textures they can add to the submariner dial the is visually appealing but still in line with tradition. Also having both in hand, the glare on the sub is crazy in comparison to the clarity on the seamaster dial. The change of the date location improved the watch so much.

sub needs to keep the clean dial as is

anything you add to it will look dated in a few years and not mention anger rolex fans

sub is a success because they do not conform to trends and try to stay true to classic as much as possible

hell the outrage from fans when they changed the lugs was insane when the general population can't even tell the difference, hell i can't even tell half of the time :lol:

neildegrasse.jpg

:lol: I’m not saying they should do it, I’m just saying seeing them next to each other, it would be a nice combo visually.

Kind of like the Arabic wave dial. But I get how the Rolex community would get about it.

Watch collecting especially high end watch collectors who follow one brand tend to be quite conservative in regards to changes made. I personally prefer the maxi case as it gives the watch more presence. All that being said my love for the sub may have initially come from its versatility and tool watch ruggedness (James Bond films) my attraction to it now is tied closely to it's current brand identity as a luxury item if that makes sense.

Those grand seiko dials are amazing. I can't see myself ever buying one though.

love this piece. not so much the price tag. any yous recommend something similar < 10k

Attachments

• Patek-Philippe-5270R-001-Perpetual-Calendar-Chronograph-aBlogtoWatch-12.jpg
    Patek-Philippe-5270R-001-Perpetual-Calendar-Chronograph-aBlogtoWatch-12.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 33
probably not with all the functions, a perpetual calendar with chrono is difficult enough but add a moonphase and under $10k?

Citizen has an eco-drive perpetual-chrono iirc, maybe SeaGull as well

check out those brands

i'd say get rid of the chrono and look for perpetual calendar with moonphase and you'll see frederique constant and montblanc with options for you

i want the black bay 36 for a deep discount

its understandable if tudor is less desirable being under rolex, many see it as the affordable rolex and many hate the brand for that

I'm definitely someone who doesn't appreciate value so I don't want to come across bougie but I don't want to buy the lesser version of anything. I mean omega is only slight above tudor in terms of brand status but Omega has it's own identity historically and was not conceived as a lesser version of anything which is why I'm happier to spend my money there. That being said I was very tempted by this.....
20180505_134522.jpg

we just have to get past the perceived view of the brand/item

tudor has their own history and identity

omega is part of the swatch group which owns swatch, tissot, hamilton, longines, etc... and then above omega is GO, blancpain, breguet, etc... and you don't think any less of them

at the end of the day though, we just got to buy what we like and makes us happy

im one of the few here who do not mind quartz, even designer quartz watches like gucci and burberry because i do think they have a place in the watch industry

we just have to get past the perceived view of the brand/item

tudor has their own history and identity

omega is part of the swatch group which owns swatch, tissot, hamilton, longines, etc... and then above omega is GO, blancpain, breguet, etc... and you don't think any less of them

at the end of the day though, we just got to buy what we like and makes us happy

im one of the few here who do not mind quartz, even designer quartz watches like gucci and burberry because i do think they have a place in the watch industry
I hear that and I'm aware of their current position within the swatch group. As I was trying to say it is how the brand was conceived initially nothing to do with its position today.

Watch collecting or interest in horology is definitely a passion so not really dictated by logic as modern devices allow accuracy that surpass anything that can be created mechanically by the most gifted of watchmakers. I understand there is no logic behind my feelings and they may not be shared by others.

I respect watches in at all price points. I personally got back into watches when I got a d&g watch for my 21st birthday and rocked that for a number of years, then got into diesel watches before getting an Omega chronograph when I was 30. Since then I've sold the the chrono got a Sub 114060 and recently purchased the new Omega Seamaster 300m. Even now I really want one of the blacked out all-metal g-shocks.

irregardless of their relationship with rolex you are hard pressed to find something of similar value as a tudor

Definitely.

They make some beautiful pieces. The BB58 is gorgeous. Only thing with that one is the bracelet and I'm not a huge fan of gilt dials. But outside of the BB collection I like the date/day, red/black fastrider and the 70s looking chrono (I forgot the name).

Back
Top Bottom