The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Finally got the new metal G-Shock in. Pretty hefty. That was fast. Lots of spring bars flying trying to size this one down. :lol:

IMG_20181206_093128_054.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got the new metal G-Shock in. Pretty hefty. That was fast. Lots of spring bars flying trying to size this one down. :lol:

IMG_20181206_093128_054.jpg
That's exactly the one I want. Can you let me know how the black DLC coating holds up. Do you think it'll scratch easy?

That's exactly the one I want. Can you let me know how the black DLC coating holds up. Do you think it'll scratch easy?
Will do. If it's as good as my other DLC pieces before... it should hold up fine. DLC coatings are fantastic compared to PVD.

Another incoming. Remember the time I sold my blue dial Portugieser? The replacement finally arrived. Preordered this during SIHH in January, so this is technically my first purchase of the year. Quite tricky to accurately photograph how the dial looks IRL; it definitely looks better in person than it does in photos. IWC did this anniversary release really well. Love the new feeling of the chronograph pushers with the now in-house movement this thing has.

44386343510_1d251dff5c_b.jpg

Last edited:
I'm definitely someone who doesn't appreciate value so I don't want to come across bougie but I don't want to buy the lesser version of anything. I mean omega is only slight above tudor in terms of brand status but Omega has it's own identity historically and was not conceived as a lesser version of anything which is why I'm happier to spend my money there. That being said I was very tempted by this.....
20180505_134522.jpg
Tudor is a great brand and offers buyers a lot of value for what its watches offer. Personally, if I see a watch that’s nice and offers the things I like (aesthetics, lume, long power reserve, cosc certified, in-house movement, deeper water resistance, etc). I’m not gonna dislike it simply because of its brand and/or association with another brand lol. The BB Dark is a great looking timepiece. I wouldn’t pay what ADs and boutiques want for it though just because they can be had for 30% off retail elsewhere, which is the route I went with for mine.

Tudor is a great brand and offers buyers a lot of value for what its watches offer. Personally, if I see a watch that’s nice and offers the things I like (aesthetics, lume, long power reserve, cosc certified, in-house movement, deeper water resistance, etc). I’m not gonna dislike it simply because of its brand and/or association with another brand lol. The BB Dark is a great looking timepiece. I wouldn’t pay what ADs and boutiques want for it though just because they can be had for 30% off retail elsewhere, which is the route I went with for mine.

I don't dislike them at all just would hesitate slightly if I had to buy one. It's definitely my neurosis and fully acknowledge that. I like the BB dark because I've always like the look of a blacked out sub (prohunter, project x and bamford have done this well) but I can't justify destroying a classic for it. I don't have that kind of money, it's unknown how long the coating will last and definitely would not spend it on what might be considered a faze (I used to hate Rolex). So the black bay would be perfect probably on a rubber strap as unlike most nowadays I hate NATO straps.

Newest pickup. Will be letting this one go. Focus more on my SubC

Attachments

• 989A2C4F-A5F7-4B20-AD6A-8A14F620EDCE.jpeg
    989A2C4F-A5F7-4B20-AD6A-8A14F620EDCE.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 40
Any of y'all watching frederico talks watches or Urban gentry or any other YouTube channels?

Any of y'all watching frederico talks watches or Urban gentry or any other YouTube channels?
Federico not so much as he tends to speak about the industry in general and less so about individual pieces. I have watched

TGV from the very early days and as much as I HATE the idea of gentry and britishness he promotes/portrays in his videos. We grew up in the same part of london at the same time (brixton) so i have my suspicions about his personality. His reviews are good for the most part when it comes to larger brands. Any micro brand reviews I take with a grain of salt as he is clearly receiving some kind of payment.

I think both are good at what they do. It's funny that even in the watch YouTube arena that there are "beefs" as these guys used to be tight but fell out for some unknown reason.

I know this feeling well. I was dead set on a Bremont ALT1-P/BK but then somehow I fell down the Rolex rabbit hole via forums and YouTube and now I'm obsessed with a Rolex DateJust two tone champagne face jubilee bracelet. Aiming to grab one around December. This thread has been great as well, a lot of good information in here for a novice such as myself

After (finally) landing a new gig that I'm blessed to say was more than what I was initially hoping for, I decided to treat myself to this particular timepiece that I've been salivating over a while now. Started searching this week. Hoping to find one before Christmas. Wish me luck fellas

i think as long as its still in the rolex website, its still not official but i do think its on the way though

in regards to the other rumors, i have more doubt on what they states as upcoming like an all black and coke gmt2

that is just something rolex keeps hidden better than the pentagon could

i think as long as its still in the rolex website, its still not official but i do think its on the way though

in regards to the other rumors, i have more doubt on what they states as upcoming like an all black and coke gmt2

that is just something rolex keeps hidden better than the pentagon could

I think your right. If it's still on the site then whatever talk regardless of the source is gossip at this point. I mean why discontinue the most popular gmt model with preorders amounting in the thousands? I think a refresh is more likely with a new movement and slightly modified case.

I would love a coke bezel gmt 2 but I don't know if we'll see one yet and if we do it'll be white gold or platinum first. I would like if they came with up with the black bezel, red hand and red text which would give the same vibe and be a lot easier to do (manufacturing wise) and easier on the wallet.

i watch federico for some of the insider info, he seems pretty honest about them

for watch showcases, time+tide is great because their vids tend to be short and straight to the point

while for reviews and watch talks, hodinkee and ablogtowatch are always good

i wish hodinkee did more of these 3 on 3 vids comparos but here's their latest

Back
Top Bottom