The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

quick vent:

this is the biggest BS of all and of course most are gon defend it and make excuses for them

they said it'll be sold online within weeks after first release and now its not happening lol

now its this BS excuse of going into the store to experience it with the others and bonding with kids when its not even readily available in store, how about produce a million of them and then make that dumb statement?

or are they talking about people lining up for 12-15 hrs and thats the type of watch community they want to promote? because they all get to feel a huge disappointment that they went home with nothing so they can bond on that? what happens when people starts getting stabbed or shot or trampled in these lines? what if fights starts? happens with sneaker release all the time, thats the watch community they want to represent?

TF outta here with that sh*t swatch

and i wouldnt be surprised if they stop making/selling them next year

everyone got played by swatch

yeah that sucks i was planning on grabbing one when they became widely available. i'll still swing into swatch if/when i'm near a store. i'd be a lot more upset if they were proper water resistant. i can live without a cheap no-swimming plastic quartz.

i live in Los Angeles and there arent any Swatch stores in the 500 miles radius

i think Vegas is the closest one

i just think that CEO is full of sh*t

he cant say theres no soul in buying online yet sell all the other watches in the Swatch Group online in their own websites :rofl:

I think there is one in SF but I'm also at the point in my life that I don't want to head into the city for something that may or may not be in stock. That's the point of online shopping - there is emotion involved, when I'm able to get something I want I'm excited/happy. When I'm not (see SNRKS app), I get pissed off :lol:

As stated, I spent ten days waiting outside for a delivery at my swatch store.

Was good, nice mall, great coffee and muffins/brekky, indoors. Met some good people.

I only waited from just before opening until just after lunchtime each day.

On the day i got the watch the delivery had arrived at 3am.

There were 3 of us at opening 9am, not allowed to cue, and they wouldn’t start selling until 10am.

By 10am 20 or so people had heard stock was in and began to hang around.

Not one of them had i seen in the ten days prior that id been sat literally at the front door watching for the Toll delivery guy.

We all started chatting as you do about stock numbers blah blah, and i made it clear anyone gets in my way at number 1 through the door is getting monstered.

I aint waiting ten days to get bum rushed.

As it was when they called us up to the door i mosey on up to the front and one tool bag dude (not sure his english was that good) tries to get in front of me and i told him to f*ck off. Security guard on the door told him to go at least 6 places back. Good bloke.

So yeah, these drops definitely have have fight potential as dude above says.

As for why no online release, i think it is a lie, and i think they simply cant make then as fast as they can ship and sell them at stores, let alone online, so had to cancel online and make up a reason why.

Hundreds of people per day stick their heads in the door and as “have you got any moonswatches?”, i sat there and watched.

And they sell out instantly every time stock comes in. And the stock is only ever a handful., 4 of 5 styles, and maybe 5 to 10 of each style per crate delivered. Tops. And thats maybe once a fortnight per store.

So i dont think they produce them that quick either.

And theyve stopped producing Neptune so there goes one of them.

All in all its a giant fuster cluck.

I’ve been to 3 Swatch stores (2 internationally) - couldn’t even get the watch. Wasn’t available. Was really hoping to purchase one online. :smh:

thats crazy investment on time to get one but grats

i just find it funny that people still defending swatch and omega online but us on NT knows just like with sneaker release once theres a resale value its not gon sit on the shelves for more than a minute

the problem is they lied by saying its gon be available online and implied they're gon restock often that you can just walk into the store and get one no stress

and not they're back pedaling and id respect them more if they simply say "demands higher than expected, we only made so much and its not enough so no online sales and were gon crank out more in the near future" than the BS the CEO spews with the soul of a watch and getting out there to interact with the watch community, etc...

Timing…

Went for brekky with an old workmate.

Popped by the store and saw a cue, jumped on the back and happened to grab the last one left of the days stock.

BD5F8B6C-C15B-443E-A7A9-D02CE3813EA3.jpeg

Glad to hear you scored. But I’m good on a 4hr drive to MAYBE have the chance to score one. I’m about to say **** it and just buy a Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Pro. At least I don’t have to jump though hoops for it. (yes, yes, I know the price is WAY higher, but one of the main reasons I like the swatch x omega is because it’s a poor man’s Speedmaster)

Glad to hear you scored. But I’m good on a 4hr drive to MAYBE have the chance to score one. I’m about to say **** it and just buy a Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Pro. At least I don’t have to jump though hoops for it. (yes, yes, I know the price is WAY higher, but one of the main reasons I like the swatch x omega is because it’s a poor man’s Speedmaster)
Ah i thought you were headed there anyway, and my crystal ball didnt mention a 4 hour drive….

The speedy pro is gorgeous, but just remember its a bar fly and dinner watch, dont go on vacay with it unless you take a pool watch with you too…..

Everyone has to tick that box though.

Im sure i heard they make a 100m version of it no?

Ah i thought you were headed there anyway, and my crystal ball didnt mention a 4 hour drive….

The speedy pro is gorgeous, but just remember its a bar fly and dinner watch, dont go on vacay with it unless you take a pool watch with you too…..

Everyone has to tick that box though.

Im sure i heard they make a 100m version of it no?
Well not trying to be a d*ck but I replied to someone who mentioned they were in the LA area so I related to that.

Absolutely beautiful piece mos def. And I’d daily it on the weekends, I’m an electrician so that a “no dawg” during the work week for sure. I get it’s for special occasions but at the same time if I’m spending 7k+, I’m wearing that piece within reason. See me at the grocery store stuntin lmao.

If I do end up pulling the trigger, this will be my first REAL watch. I’ve never been huge on jewelry or watches but I was gifted a Apple Watch gen 1 when they were the big thing and I got accustomed to having a time piece on my wrist. So I’ve been looking here and there and when I first laid eyes on the Speedmaster, I just knew this was the one to make me break bread at that level.

As far as 100m, I wouldn’t know. I’m new new to exploring the world of watches. The pro I’m eyeing is only 50m. If i did go in the water though, it’ll be my Apple Watch on my wrist. If I was well off I probably wouldn’t give a **** but this is something special to me and something id love passing down to my nephew when the time comes.

Well not trying to be a d*ck but I replied to someone who mentioned they were in the LA area so I related to that.

Absolutely beautiful piece mos def. And I’d daily it on the weekends, I’m an electrician so that a “no dawg” during the work week for sure. I get it’s for special occasions but at the same time if I’m spending 7k+, I’m wearing that piece within reason. See me at the grocery store stuntin lmao.

If I do end up pulling the trigger, this will be my first REAL watch. I’ve never been huge on jewelry or watches but I was gifted a Apple Watch gen 1 when they were the big thing and I got accustomed to having a time piece on my wrist. So I’ve been looking here and there and when I first laid eyes on the Speedmaster, I just knew this was the one to make me break bread at that level.

As far as 100m, I wouldn’t know. I’m new new to exploring the world of watches. The pro I’m eyeing is only 50m. If i did go in the water though, it’ll be my Apple Watch on my wrist. If I was well off I probably wouldn’t give a **** but this is something special to me and something id love passing down to my nephew when the time comes.
I had a gorgeous 2015 hesalite pro. Stunning. Someone in one of the forums said they do a 100m version, ive never checked, swapped it out for a PO and never looked back.

Down the track ill grab another.

If i do, and there is such a thing as a 100m version to me id have to grab it. Annoyed the **** out of me i couldnt wear it in the pool when i went away. Just that i had to have the forethought of what and when i could wear it.

Nah.

Plus ill either have to swap out the tachy hand for a FOIS hand or may just buy an FOIS instead. That bulge on it obscuring the Omega logo is the biggest design flaw in history as far as im concerned.

Hence i left it at the 30 most of the time to get it the **** out of the way….

E0B5305B-FAA7-4F71-A279-07C33D859946.jpeg

I had a gorgeous 2015 hesalite pro. Stunning. Someone in one of the forums said they do a 100m version, ive never checked, swapped it out for a PO and never looked back.

Down the track ill grab another.

If i do, and there is such a thing as a 100m version to me id have to grab it. Annoyed the **** out of me i couldnt wear it in the pool when i went away. Just that i had to have the forethought of what and when i could wear it.

Nah.

Plus ill either have to swap out the tachy hand for a FOIS hand or may just buy an FOIS instead. That bulge on it obscuring the Omega logo is the biggest design flaw in history as far as im concerned.

Hence i left it at the 30 most of the time to get it the **** out of the way….

E0B5305B-FAA7-4F71-A279-07C33D859946.jpeg
So ***king gorgeous! How are you liking the swatch x omega? Which one did you get?

You ever get the itch to swap the bracelet? I’ve seen some photos of the speedy with a leather bracelet or nato straps and honestly that watch can really pull off any look.

Yeah i had the (james bond) spectre nato on the speedy for a while. But always went back to the bracelet. Same with the PO, few different straps but always back to the bracelet and i think itll stay on the bracelet for the foreseeable future.

I run a velcro strap on the Bulova moon.

Got the Mecury moonswatch and swapped it onto a black nato from the Sydney Strap Co. gooorge. The velcro strap they come on is too bulky for my liking.

Got the Scumacher speedy on a handmade calf leather strap i had made by Artisan Straps, is rather nice.

Omegas my fave brand.

805F919C-5C18-42CD-8095-7D8A9DEBBF7F.jpeg
EF4D1F01-E39B-48CC-A0F1-2D6DBE24B1E1.jpeg
708B4BE7-74C9-4159-AC2C-2B131E98AD32.jpeg
8A07D557-CD7D-4B16-BDFA-1A89B7BE8162.jpeg
35E56BA4-AEB1-43DC-8316-2A74344DD38A.jpeg

Yeah i had the (james bond) spectre nato on the speedy for a while. But always went back to the bracelet. Same with the PO, few different straps but always back to the bracelet and i think itll stay on the bracelet for the foreseeable future.

I run a velcro strap on the Bulova moon.

Got the Mecury moonswatch and swapped it onto a black nato from the Sydney Strap Co. gooorge. The velcro strap they come on is too bulky for my liking.

Got the Scumacher speedy on a handmade calf leather strap i had made by Artisan Straps, is rather nice.

Omegas my fave brand.

805F919C-5C18-42CD-8095-7D8A9DEBBF7F.jpeg
EF4D1F01-E39B-48CC-A0F1-2D6DBE24B1E1.jpeg
708B4BE7-74C9-4159-AC2C-2B131E98AD32.jpeg
8A07D557-CD7D-4B16-BDFA-1A89B7BE8162.jpeg
35E56BA4-AEB1-43DC-8316-2A74344DD38A.jpeg
Ok, ok. I see you fam. I envy your collection. Some beautiful gems you have there.

I like how the nato straps give it a sporty look yet switch back to the bracelet and it’s elegent as ****.

Guess I’m going to have to hit up that Omega boutique soon. I gotta have one. Much love, fam. Hope your collection continues to grow.

no date… 36mm…. might have to take the bait

with that said, the giant two-tone minute track is gon shrink the watch further so the 42mm might work, i think i heard the L2L is around 46mm-47mm and it might look like a 38mm on wrist

really interested in checking this out in person

36mm blue dial / white chrono-ring might could get got for sure…Put that thing on a tropic strap to kick it off…

Last edited:
That breitling is nice for a fraction of a YM42 with very identical oysterflex. That RG version is 🔥

Back
Top Bottom