The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Well let’s get you in a Patek bro! Always nice to have a goal - Daytona and then a Patek! A nice GC or Nautilus? Hoping to grab one for my 30th
Yea I don't view watches as goals, personally. I have no desire to have a bunch of them. This is the only Patek I like enough to buy. They aren't crazy expensive, I could buy one today, just not sure I'd wear it enough to justify it. Nautilus does nothing for me.

5524G_001_001@2x.jpg
patek-philippe-calatrava-pilot-watch-Ref-5524G-5.jpg
patek-philippe-calatrava-pilot-watch-Ref-5524G-7-e1560350970480.jpg

thats a very nice DJ

always wanted the white dial with the those markers, so clean

theres a universe out there where all i own are datejust in different configs

Congratulations on the DJ! Very nice piece.

I was looking at the flutted, jubilee version of that watch.

Yea I don't view watches as goals, personally. I have no desire to have a bunch of them. This is the only Patek I like enough to buy. They aren't crazy expensive, I could buy one today, just not sure I'd wear it enough to justify it. Nautilus does nothing for me.

5524G_001_001@2x.jpg
patek-philippe-calatrava-pilot-watch-Ref-5524G-5.jpg
patek-philippe-calatrava-pilot-watch-Ref-5524G-7-e1560350970480.jpg

Damn bro just trying to get you excited but sounds good - let me know how I can help.

smooth/domed bezey + oyster band is an under rated look
Yeah it really is. Pretty under the radar yet still is gorgeous. Pics do not do this watch justice.
thats a very nice DJ

always wanted the white dial with the those markers, so clean

theres a universe out there where all i own are datejust in different configs
Thank you! I would of been happy with the Silver, black or white face.
Congratulations on the DJ! Very nice piece.

I was looking at the flutted, jubilee version of that watch.
Thank you! Fluted on jubliee is an elite combo. I would of bought that if offered as well.

Congrats! Loves the wins!
Thank you!

How long was your wait?
No wait. I contacted the AD via email and asked if they had any silver, black or white faced 36mm DJ. The SA called me, we talked for a little while and she offered me the watch. Went and picked it up the next day.

Random question from someone not usually in this thread - is there any shot at sitting and getting called on a wait list from an AD for a Rolex if I don’t buy other watches?

Random question from someone not usually in this thread - is there any shot at sitting and getting called on a wait list from an AD for a Rolex if I don’t buy other watches?

its possible, many reports of it happening, just far and few in between and it depends on the model too

to me it seems a good story helps, almost all of the "got a call without prior purchase" has a "its my 50th birthday present to myself" or "its my gift to my wife who survived cancer" story

not saying to make up stuff but i do think it helps when its for something to celebrate or commemorate and makes the AD think at least you're not just trying to make a profit

but be also prepared for ADs to just laugh in your face if you're asking for a daytona

its possible, many reports of it happening, just far and few in between and it depends on the model too

to me it seems a good story helps, almost all of the "got a call without prior purchase" has a "its my 50th birthday present to myself" or "its my gift to my wife who survived cancer" story

not saying to make up stuff but i do think it helps when its for something to celebrate or commemorate and makes the AD think at least you're not just trying to make a profit

but be also prepared for ADs to just laugh in your face if you're asking for a daytona
Honestly right now I don’t even know the lower tier Rolex’s.

I’ve seen some Oysters and Submariners - not sure if those are sorta entry level Rolex?

I’m not into watches as much as I want a nice watch to have someday, and something I could pass down and have forever. Rolex in my mind has always been “that brand”.

Are there any Rolex’s to be had for maybe $3k-$4k retail?

rolex doesnt go that low anymore, even on the used market

check out tudor, its owned by rolex and their quality is great for the price, good selection for $2500-$4000

here’s a good example:

left is $3k and obetainable - right is $7200 and could be waiting for a year (ive been waiting for a year and a half now)
1658853563733.jpeg

but if its rolex you want because of the name, datejust and oyster perpetuals (black dial) are probably the easiest to get especially in the smaller sizes and probably considered entry level but those are easily $6k+ for the 36mm and above… the smaller you the easier it is to get like the 34mm

Damn yeah idk if I could go that small of a dial.

I’ve seen some used Oysters on sites for like $3k ish, should I assume those are fake / bad sites?

or extremely used

or old as hell

or has damage

also depends what store its from, just like most things, you buy the seller in terms of authenticity

Interesting. Thanks I appreciate it.

My 2 thought processes were either a Rolex in the 3-4k range (now not seeming realistic) or a really nice lower brand for maybe $400-$500 that I can wear for nights out or events and enjoy and take care of.

T
Tissot PRX

https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-us/t1374071104100.html

You can probably get them on sale at Macys at 40% off now
This is actually looking really nice to me ngl

Peeping reviews rn, but I checked macys and didn’t see 40% off (unless that was just you saying they hit sales often)

If I rock this tho, is this watch / brand something to rock proudly? Or would it be like a Walmart watch of Swiss watches? (Respectfully, cause I have no idea on anything in this world atm)

T

This is actually looking really nice to me ngl

Peeping reviews rn, but I checked macys and didn’t see 40% off (unless that was just you saying they hit sales often)

If I rock this tho, is this watch / brand something to rock proudly? Or would it be like a Walmart watch of Swiss watches? (Respectfully, cause I have no idea on anything in this world atm)

I assume it would eventually be on sale, or maybe has been in the past since Macys always has sales like that.

I rock it proudly though. It's a good looking watch and it looks more expensive than it is.

Ill sell my blue face prx powermatic 80 if youre interested in saving a few bucks. I have a green face coming and trying to get the chrono soon.

Can anyone point me to a good comprehensive guide to speedmaster professional, not the swatch collab?(yrs and model comparison). My yachtmaster is taking a beating from daily wear, I think I want to do a speedy on rubber as my daily and the Yachty for when I want to step it up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom