The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

guess I’ll keep my sub. maybe get a Batman later down the line. I’m just worried that Rolex will discontinue it. There’s (baseless) rumors the Pepsi is gonna be discontinued in a few years.

I'll be honest, I think the Batman has replaced the black Sub as the quintissential finance bro piece.

And for that i'll take the black sub/OG black GMT anyday over the Batman. Pepsi though, I think i prefer the most out of the bunch. Still don't own one yet.

I'm starting to like the batman/batgirl less and less the more its mentioned.

I'm more of a fan of the black dial gmt that was d/c. This is the perfect everyday watch for me.

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 7.25.51 PM.png

I'll be honest, I think the Batman has replaced the black Sub as the quintissential finance bro piece.

And for that i'll take the black sub/OG black GMT anyday over the Batman. Pepsi though, I think i prefer the most out of the bunch. Still don't own one yet.

eh for me I really dont care what others wear or the stereotype that comes with it. I love both the sub and batman based off design alone.

I'm starting to like the batman/batgirl less and less the more its mentioned.

I'm more of a fan of the black dial gmt that was d/c. This is the perfect everyday watch for me.

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 7.25.51 PM.png

its funny how no one gave a **** about this GMT until after it was discontinued. now some people on the internet regard it as one of the best gmts :lol:

it is one of my favorites though. I was stuck between this and a sub but ultimately went with the 12 series sub since its a newer watch.

I actually just sold my date Sub (16610) bc I felt it was kind of redundant now that I have a Batgirl. I’ll be looking for an E serial 14060 in the near future.

Got to see a Pepsi in person today (stainless) and agree with a couple pages back that it was a bit underwhelming. But had it been offered to me I would've been all over it lol

yall trying to consolidate while i still have issue with excess…

i just like too much and it doesnt help that there are so many gatekeeping with the other brands/watches i want that when i see something i like that is available that i just take it

just too good when i tried it on, kind of redundant but this feels like what an explorer would be if it was a diver
E3AB1B74-93A8-46FE-97E0-BE1DFD25AFCD.jpeg

BB54 is so good.

Let me hold some hand-me-downs if you ever start to pare the collection down :lol:

I’m trying to be patient and deliberate right now to save for some nicer pieces as currently I’ve only dabbled with Seiko-tier. Think I’ll splurge for something (if) when I find out I passed the bar - currently on the list for an OP36 but not expecting much there, so got my eye on a GS SBGW283 (or 287) as something I could wear near daily into the office.

Back
Top Bottom