The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

IMG_5494.jpeg

looks like they’re also dropping merch :lol:

its not like AP needs the marketing/hype to sell their pieces, so why all the collabs/gimmicky "limited" releases?

its not like AP needs the marketing/hype to sell their pieces, so why all the collabs/gimmicky "limited" releases?

that’s what I don’t get

Id understand if Vacheron constantin pushed for more visibility amongst celebrities.. but I wouldn’t expect them to do the collabs

but certain brands I just put above all of that

ap’s approach is simply different and the ceo just wants as much young money as possible and in the other forums like TRF there were some rants about how obvious the demographic they are targeting (many of them escalating to racist rants)

francois seems like one of those dude who looks super desperate to sit with the cool kids but he is stepping down as ceo so lets see if ap keeps up with all these collabs

It just doesn’t add up to me

The youngins who idolize Travis Scott either don’t have the money for an AP, or the connections to buy one, or if they had the money they would already have an AP. I don’t know what market they’re realistically trying to tap here

The youngins who idolize Travis Scott either don’t have the money for an AP, or the connections to buy one, or if they had the money they would already have an AP. I don’t know what market they’re realistically trying to tap here

The hypebeast/streetwear market. The nonstop limited editions on a weekly basis are evidence of this.

the brand only make 40,000-50,000 watches a year so theyre not looking for those super young kids like nike is to sell their $200 shoes

its marketing and being relevant and attaching the brand to something, maybe they want more artists getting AP? theres still got to be a lot of Travis fans who arent into watch and has no idea what AP is? they may not have money but you want to get fans who will strive for one in the future, why not?

also it never hurts to have too much foot traffic, there might be a handful of dudes out there that has $$$ or has come into money that are travis fans and now they want or consider an AP and even if they dont get the collab version, they still get them in their boutiques to perhaps try on other watches and then create new and future clients that will be into AP for the next few decades as they continue to make $$$, they dont need hundreds of those clients, just a few

they also want them millenials and/or yt/social media stars (because those guys are free marketing too) bitcoins rich people and then the rest are those older dudes who can afford them that are into hip-hop

the marvel collabs are for the insanely rich too, not really the kiddie superhero watch that invicta makes but it got the whole watch community talking and thats what AP wants and in the process maybe they get one or two super rich marvel fans to come to a boutique, rinse, repeat…

it sucks for us regular watch fans but they dont really want people like me for example who would probably buy one or two APs at most, im pretty sure boutiques get a lot of customers who only buy one then move on

yea idk how I feel about the sassy comments from AP social media. reminds me of them fast food chains that write corny stuff on twitter for attention.

Yea AP doing it is not a good look

trying think how far down the tier line I’d have to go to think pulling an adidas I’d see as cool

maybe brietling

but AP supposed to be looking at Patek and at max rolex

again I could see vacheron pushing their watches to certain people just because they don’t have the level of profile as the others in that top tier

iwc making the top gun collab makes sense just like omega with bond or rolex with Wimbledon

Tons of young money overseas

saudi got so much money that they want all connection to the big stars and thats why theyre trying to get as much of the biggest sporting events as possible like from boxing to golf

travis just performed when F1 was in riyadh earlier this year so im pretty sure a lot of his AP collabs spoken for from there

Are they idolizing Travis Scott the way young Americans are?

I’m truly not aware

We both know a lot of times it’s not about being a fan but wanting to be cool.

Whomever is in charge of his partnerships needs a raise lol.

IMG_2429.jpeg

Got married on the 2nd and this was the peice my dad let me use .

Was debating on a proper calatrava but my dad thought it was cute he and i were somewhat matching as he wore a 5740.

This thing is too big for my wrist though . I need the 5800

Back
Top Bottom