The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

surprise package from cartier

guess that takes care at least 3 gifts i was gon’ buy :lol: 4 if i dont keep the keyholder

IMG_8968.jpeg

So I pretty much have someone, who owns a jewelry shop, that can get me 17% off Cartier watches, new. Seems like a good deal. I honestly thought maybe I should flip these if effort is low/ straightforward lol. Jomashop has it at 9% discount for the large, less for the medium. Do you all think this is worth pursuing? I’ve reached out to a few jewelers around here and they’re all saying they’ll call back with a solid number next week/ come in next week to talk/ etc. Def not worth it for me to buy a few and sell. Worth it if I can setup a workflow where I’m continuously buying and flipping these for better prices than most places.

I don’t really keep up with the market - looks like ADs have mostly stopped giving Cartier discounts.

Also, why did the value of Rolexes go down? Is it bc they bought Bucherer? Signaling higher production/ less scarcity?

Am still on the hunt for a Rolex at retail. Am going to Vegas for new years, will check there but…lol. Backup is the Cartier.

your plan will only work if you do it like other resellers where you only buy the watch after you have a buyer but even then, other sellers already got a leg up on you with their reps and those resellers probably get a bigger discount on that with several AD connects that can sell different brands

doesnt hurt to try but its not gon’ be easy

as for rolex, its the market, the ridiculous price wasnt sustainable and it was bound to go down, just a matter of time

your plan will only work if you do it like other resellers where you only buy the watch after you have a buyer but even then, other sellers already got a leg up on you with their reps and those resellers probably get a bigger discount on that with several AD connects that can sell different brands

doesnt hurt to try but its not gon’ be easy

as for rolex, its the market, the ridiculous price wasnt sustainable and it was bound to go down, just a matter of time

Gotcha. Yup, been trying to get a few confirmed verbal sales before buying.

Wouldn’t they stop selling them to you once they realize what you are doing?

Word. I figured they’re profiting atleast a little. They mainly sell jewelry with a very limited watch selection. But yeah they might keep it for themselves if I do get sales.

No offense intended - when I read that, it reminded me of the people that backdoor GRs from their local mom and pop just to offload them on StockX for a $5 profit after fees. Not worth it.

As for Rolex at retail, I would encourage you to go to your local AD and establish a relationship with a SA. I think if you're genuine and reasonable, it won't take long before you get an allocation.

Just curious, what model are are you after?

Yeah. I saw the dif between 9 and 17 percent and thought could be a decent opportunity. But jomashop Is established. Not worth it for low volume low profit.

Word. I’ve read that - looking at Sub. Obviously gmt would be nice lol.

also got to keep in ind that most individual resellers that doesnt have a store front, do not charge tax and that could be up to 10% difference

Most individual watch dealers, even the IG ones with booths in the diamond district, aren’t even making 10% on Cartier watches

These aren’t for me (I think I saw they’re 48-49mm?!) but I’ve had my head turned by some other IWCs lately.

However, their pricing just feels way too high to me, and these are a perfectly example of that. What am I missing with IWC’s pricing strategy?

Their secondhand prices seem to be elevated too, though I don’t see many of them moving. Is production more limited than I think of it?

These aren’t for me (I think I saw they’re 48-49mm?!) but I’ve had my head turned by some other IWCs lately.

However, their pricing just feels way too high to me, and these are a perfectly example of that. What am I missing with IWC’s pricing strategy?

Their secondhand prices seem to be elevated too, though I don’t see many of them moving. Is production more limited than I think of it?

theyre delusional, IWC is one of my favorites but the way they operate lately been just nuts

like the new ingeneur, it was starting $6k but they wanted milk the integrated bracelet genta designed cash cow and priced it at $12k (close to $15k on titanium) which is nuts because it has kind of a regular ol' movement

and to alienate their ADs, they made it boutique exclusive so no one could get a discount on it

and even with all that BS, people still defend it and that is why a lot of these companies are never gon learn, to be fair it is also mostly media and they dont want to say anything bad because they may never get invited again or be sent watches for review

So I pretty much have someone, who owns a jewelry shop, that can get me 17% off Cartier watches, new. Seems like a good deal. I honestly thought maybe I should flip these if effort is low/ straightforward lol. Jomashop has it at 9% discount for the large, less for the medium. Do you all think this is worth pursuing? I’ve reached out to a few jewelers around here and they’re all saying they’ll call back with a solid number next week/ come in next week to talk/ etc. Def not worth it for me to buy a few and sell. Worth it if I can setup a workflow where I’m continuously buying and flipping these for better prices than most places.

I don’t really keep up with the market - looks like ADs have mostly stopped giving Cartier discounts.

Also, why did the value of Rolexes go down? Is it bc they bought Bucherer? Signaling higher production/ less scarcity?

Am still on the hunt for a Rolex at retail. Am going to Vegas for new years, will check there but…lol. Backup is the Cartier.

I get 20% off from my AD and no tax, but SS Tanks and SS Santos are MSRP only.

Might want to double check if they are offering you those models discounted, as that's pretty much what will move regularly anyways.

had time to spare while waiting for aquaman 2 to start and roamed around the mall, saw that the new swatch store opened and while i hate its concept, i went ahead and jumped off the bridge just like everyone else

:lol:

IMG_3271.jpeg

they also had the blancpain version but not the color want - the white/grey ones

might go back and pick up the saturn

super terrible stock strap though so went ahead and put a rubber strap i had lying around for my speedy
IMG_9386.jpeg

that mall had a swatch store before then it closed and now opened a new one

weird though is they let me try on all the moonswatch but they wont let me touch the blancpains unless i was buying… just odd

anyways, here s a better pic of the mission to mercury - one thing i kind of hate is the ghost position ont he crown, felt like they went extra cheap with that but i guess its only gon bother me twice a year when i have to adjust for daylight saving

86C2B7AD-BA5A-4876-8848-8430D4B8B388.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom