The Truth Behind Bottled Water

this is one area that really has no COST effect on you. If anything, its a BENEFIT. It's crazy that it's not done by more people.

Buying local produce or organic fruits and veggies have an extremely high cost compared to other fruits available and the true net benefits are at the same microscopic level.

If some can't even buy reusable bottles and drink tap and save money, I would hate to hear their stance on the organic food industry where the benefits come from the microorganisms living in the soil and you spending MORE money. Big Industries are just killing off soil life like you wouldnt believe. And to offset that, they need to pump more and more pesticides and hormones into the foods we buy and eat.

The water bottle spectrum appears to be so much more simple than the other areas but in the eyes of many, its all the same.

also, why no talk about how we use plastics for sodas and other stuff thats not a true necessity for living? Back in the day with milk men, you had recycable reusable glass. But then we had a shift where the costs for consumers became the main selling point and the environment took a backseat. Cheap in any regard = Success?

Originally Posted by JDocs

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Coming from a law school student, HOVKid >. No romo.

Aren't you working in house counsel now? That's doin it. I wouldn't mind slugging it out in BigLaw for a while before getting there though.

As for the environmental arguments, its along the same lines of religion and politics. Some people feel a certain way about it and its really no use in trying to convince people otherwise.
I know one use. No planet = No humans .. as far as we know. At least with religion if you can't get people on board, you are still going to heaven/etc. In this situation, if we don't get everyone on board we are ALL going under. Same with politics, that only effects one town/city/region/country, this is an issue for the entire world.

Are you serious? Wars have been started about which religion is right. Wars have been started over which political leader is better. Who's to say we won't find some solution within the next couple decades which would eradicate many of the worlds pollution problems? Just remember that only 50 years ago the idea of a wireless, handheld phone thru which you could surf billions of pages stored on a worldwide database sounded like science fiction. To many people, the problem isn't critical enough right now for them to change their lifestyle. You should just accept that.

For those looking for a reusable bottle, Look into Klean Kanteens. Very good and no lining.

I drink bottled water most the time because.

1. I like my water ICE cold, always
2. Tastes placticky, I can't stand it
3. Leaving plastic bottles in hot temps isnt good for you and I live in Miami so its pointless.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

I dare you to drink tap water in 3rd world countries.
laugh.gif
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
He's right though aint no way I'm filling up a cup of water from the tap here in The Bahamas

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I've been drinking nyc tap water my entire life. What amazes me is how long its taken people to realize the scam that is bottled water. Like the vid said, "what's next paying for air?"

41X1W80MWHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I've been drinking nyc tap water my entire life. What amazes me is how long its taken people to realize the scam that is bottled water. Like the vid said, "what's next paying for air?"

41X1W80MWHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

So true!  But this stuff can get you zooted.  Can regular air do that?! 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thytkerjobs

why is everyone so anti HOVkid on NT? Always firing shots because he's not jumping for joy to give away his hard earned money? Yes- hard earned..because he has 2 kids that I'm sure he'd love to spend every minute with but he leaves them to go out and earn money. So don't come with the "he probably inherited it, he's never had to struggle, he's selfish" line. He has every right to feel the way he does IMO. Anyway, back to the bottled water thing.

I drink Aquafina BTW *shrugs*
laugh.gif
wow if that isn't extreme suckage i don't know what is.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

I dare you to drink tap water in 3rd world countries.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
    I get the runs everytime I go to Central America..   I can't eat any helados or drink traditional drinks. 
smh.gif

Tap water is fine with me, I like the extra flavor.

And I only recycle when my garbage can is full.

I drink NYC tap water on a daily basis.

But I normally just use a Brita filter and re-fill my re-usable bottle everyday (also keeps my drink cool for hours).

Very selfish to say you don't care about the environment. While bottles can be recycled a lot of dumb %%%## throw them in the garbage and they end up in our oceans (plastic of course cannot be broken down). The plastic bottle caps are also NOT recycled, where do you think those end up? Again....in our oceans.

Plus, its cheaper to go the filter route, win win.

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

This lady is stupid "cleaner" means nothing, it's not about "clean" any water from a natural spring like Fiji or Arrowhead are pure in comparision to Tap that has too much Calcium and Flouride that No filter can get out, they have done test..........so that video doessnt give the whole story and is misleading in many ways

Thank you!....... truth behind tap water thread? hmmm....

They're like don't drink bottle water!  (which I agree upon)
But then they go on to tell you to have a nice glass of tap.
indifferent.gif

While I tend to agree with HOVkid on a lot of points he makes on the board due to the fact that I have been raised by an extremely fiscally conservative father (my mother not so much), this is one I can't agree with him on. The environment IS being affected by our outrageous consumption and there are things we can do about it, and this "I'm only one person, I can't change the world" attitude just pisses me off. If you recycle, if you use reusable water bottles, and other extremely simple and long run cost-effective actions, and you pass this ideology down to your children and they pass it on to their children and so on... How is that not having an extremely positive affect? I'm always looking for ways to save my parents money and one day when I went to grab a bottled water out of my fridge at school, I just had to ask myself why? Why couldn't I just use the bottle I used the day before and clean it out?

Also one major thing you all can do to limit your negative affect on the environment is to grow your own vegetables. It's so easy and honestly... the Grape tomatoes my mom grows on the deck of our townhouse>all. It's possible to put a little container that allows for lettuce to grow in your office window if you have ample sun exposure. The waste created in the manufacturing of bagged lettuce is absolutely atrocious.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

If there is one thing I absolutely do not give even one second of thought to its recycling and the environment.  I despise sustainability and ecological bs. 

Total waste of time.

tired.gif

100% agree with Hov kid.

also i can always taste the difference between tap and bottle.

i get upset when there is tap in a poland spring jug.

poland spring and deer park ill throw money on a taste test over tap.

water bottles are clean and convenient. can we walk around with #%$*%@* sport water bottles to work, sure you can but I'm not. I recycle all of my bottles.

also love how everyone can't see through "the other side propaganda b.s."

drinking water bottles equivalent to smoking pregnant, one case of mystery water bottles being shipped to India means recyclable bottles all are wasted in India. !%%@+.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

While I tend to agree with HOVkid on a lot of points he makes on the board due to the fact that I have been raised by an extremely fiscally conservative father
aka cheap

Just kiddin

water bottles are clean and convenient. can we walk around with #%$*%@* sport water bottles to work, sure you can but I'm not. I recycle all of my bottles.

You DO know the bottle caps are not recycled right?

Yeah the bottles are recycled but the ocean is full of bottle caps from all kinds of different products.

Using a reusable bottle is doing more good for the environment and is much cheaper on your wallet (whether you use tap or filtered water).

Originally Posted by ricky robot

I wonder if gallon jugs fall under the same category.

same. I live in worcester and to be honest you couldnt pay me to drink the tap.

If youre drinking bottled water, youre making the wrong move.

Where were all of these bottled water campaigns in the 90's? No where because soda was booming. Think about the billions of people raised in other countries off of tap water, the problem is here in America we are extremely isolated from the rest of the world and companies pay big money to make sure it stays that way. The only way to live is against the grain, it may feel weird to be the odd one out in society, but in this day and age in America, following the pack is asking for an empty wallet and an early death.

I don't care about the environment. When the earth really goes to hell over all the crap we've done to it i'll be dead anyways.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

I don't care about the environment. When the earth really goes to hell over all the crap we've done to it i'll be dead anyways.

but your kids might not be, or your kid's kids. but that doesn't matter cause they arent you, right?

Originally Posted by JDocs

What you guys seem to overlook/not care about/not know about is that TOGETHER you can do something. It's actually funny that people still use this argument, can you not HEAR/SEE/READ all the other people with the similar view point as yourself? Doesn't that trigger something in your brain that says "Hmm.. there seems to be a lot of us who think we are "too small" to change the world. Maybe if we got together we could do something?!" I don't know though, maybe I am wrong and the world will be fine. But I am not trying to gamble with the only home we've got
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

nah...im too small to care or change the world on how they view bottled water.....i dont care...

nah...im too small to care or change the world on how they view bottled water.....i dont care...

Now keep multiplying that by about 2,000,000. Still too small?

Oh and I will rebut the "I'll be dead five times over before anything happens" argument with a similarly juvenile argument.

So what?
unnecessary
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom