The truth will set you free??

somebody pleaz explain to me how or what that mean

cuz when i was younger my granny use to say that and when i told the truth i still got my @## beat. And lately me telling the truth got me nowhere.

Originally Posted by kly13

cant even tell u it dont work for me, keep on lieng

laugh.gif
tired.gif
roll.gif

I tried that *%$* out a few times and really shot myself in the foot.

I don't like to lie, but if that's what it takes to keep *%$* rolling along smoothly, I do it.

Telling the truth will set you free from the guilt of your lies. If you no longer feel guilt than you've been lying too much for sure. The text is in theBible and I'll post it up soon.

Originally Posted by abernja

Telling the truth will set you free from the guilt of your lies. If you no longer feel guilt than you've been lying too much for sure. The text is in the Bible and I'll post it up soon.

thanks for breakin it down and i dont like to lie but i might have to start

Telling the truth will set you free from the guilt of your lies. If you no longer feel guilt than you've been lying too much for sure. The text is in the Bible and I'll post it up soon.

word, good break down.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

word, good break down.

/thread

John 14:6 - I am the way and the truth and the life (Jesus speaking).

the phrase you are talking about refers to john 8:31-36

And so Jesus went on to say to the Jews that had believed him: "If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, and you will know thetruth, and the truth will set you free." They replied to him: "We are Abraham's offspring and never have we been slaves to anybody. Howis it you say, 'you will become free'?" Jesus answered them: "Most truly I say to you, every doer of sin is a slave of sin. Moreover, theslave does not remain in the household forever; the son remains forever. Therefore if the Son sets you free, you will be actually free.

Jesus was speaking about his followers become free from the enslavement of sin, "the truth" is Jesus Christ and it would set hisfollowers free from sin.

That is where that saying originates, people do use it to say that telling the truth will set you free from guilt and that is also true.

Originally Posted by Fro B Giant

John 14:6 - I am the way and the truth and the life (Jesus speaking).

the phrase you are talking about refers to john 8:31-36

And so Jesus went on to say to the Jews that had believed him: "If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." They replied to him: "We are Abraham's offspring and never have we been slaves to anybody. How is it you say, 'you will become free'?" Jesus answered them: "Most truly I say to you, every doer of sin is a slave of sin. Moreover, the slave does not remain in the household forever; the son remains forever. Therefore if the Son sets you free, you will be actually free.

Jesus was speaking about his followers become free from the enslavement of sin, "the truth" is Jesus Christ and it would set his followers free from sin.

That is where that saying originates, people do use it to say that telling the truth will set you free from guilt and that is also true.
thank i now have a better understanding fter readin that

Back
Top Bottom