The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Atleti just relentless. Winning the league would be the greatest football achievement since Greece in 2004. Them winning the double may just top it or come close.

Tottenham to hire former AC Milan manager Massimiliano Allegri? :nerd:

Any A Tribe Called Quest Midnight Marauders/footy fans? New limited edition tees patterned after the Midnight Marauders album cover featuring 42 faces of footballers ranging from Xavi, Messi, Ronaldo, Honda, Neymar, Yaya Toure, etc...

https://nossa.merchtable.com/

View media item 924369View media item 924370View media item 924371View media item 924372

Damn i shouldnt have sold my DTRT IIIs last year.

Re. Messi, I agree with this this for the most part. Leo has't given it his all for the shirt at times this season, and that can't be overlooked. Perhaps it is because he's prone to muscle injuries and thus he doesn't want to risk overextending himself before the world cup, but that isn't an excuse because the club signs his checks. I don't like it, and he is rightly getting his fair share of criticism in Catalunya atm, but I can understand it.

That said, the tactical aspects are being overlooked, and there's some exaggeration. Tata was the one who shunted Messi to the right, and after the CL actually said "we were not interested in Messi being involved that often." I'm still baffled over that admission. The system is broken, and needs a rethink or a reboot. Players aren't being put in the best position to succeed, and there are some passengers. I'd blame Cesc before Messi, who has once again done nothing in a second half of the season. Messi papered over the cracks last season, and somehow it enabled the board to go blameless despite refusing to by a defender. It's not that hard to see: when you're a possession team vulnerable to counters, and your defense is lacking, you become scared to lose the ball and the play becomes predictable.

And Leo just isn't going to run around like a Gattuso. At this point, he's a player like a Baggio or a Zidane. Both greats, both affected the game in bursts and both were accused of being lazy at times in their careers. Let's not compare him to CR, whose game is based on movement - countering, getting on the end of throughballs, positioning for headers, etc.
And while Messi has't exactly covered himself in glory this season, he's still the best in the world. No one can match the range of his ability.

Some good points.
Im not worried about Messi or Barca...Sometimes you just dont have it. The world cup will help get his head straight and unfortunately Tata may not be the guy for Barca.

Anyway Im in World Cup mode now...Messi is too. Happy DiMaria looks ready too.

Any other year I would root for Athletico to win the double. Unfortunately they ran into my team, but I hope they win their domestic league

I've developed a real dislike for Barca and Real Madrid over the past couple years, and seeing them both not win La Liga would be beautiful to me :lol:

Last edited:
Haven't watched any footie this weekend. 
ohwell.gif

Ramires is my guy but he has no intelligence on the pitch whatsoever. Constantly doing something dumb and risking getting sent off. He needs to be sold this summer

I guess Chelsea should just fire Cech and bring in Courtois.

If Courtois was there, Chelsea would have a clean sheet.

Back
Top Bottom