The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Atletico will win in Barca, Barca are not going to let Real win the league. Atletico just needs to handle business next week.

Also Atletico and tie and win a game and Real wins out, they still win the league right? Atletico need to lose one of the games.
as of right now the standings are:

1. atletico: 88 points (2 to play)

2. barca: 85 points (2 to play)

3. madrid: 83 points (3 to play, game midweek)

if they all win out going into the last game, which should be the most likely scenario then the standings going into kickoff would be:

1. atletico: 91 points

2. madrid: 89 points

3. barca: 88 points

Madrid needs to win out and get help from barca.  we all know atletico plays barca in barcelona so if barca wins they'll be tied with atletico at 91 points and barca holds the tie breaker.  Since all the games during the next two weeks will be played simultaneously, barca cant lay down in the atletico game.  Their title chances hang on them beating atletico and madrid to lose their final game.  That last weekend of games in two weeks is going to be nuts if all three are still alive for la liga.  Then the champions league final!!! It's going to be a great month of May.  And then damn, no soccer for almost 3 weeks until the world cup. 

I was actually thinking of just today, cause I missed the match. But Now that you mention it...yeah, I'm wondering what's happened overall, run out of gas?

Where is Ibis to make sense of all of this
laugh.gif

I know PSG must be thinking of throwing in a cheeky bid after seeing these scenes of Hazard.
Haha I wouldn't doubt it man, I have bled blue since day 1 and I am tired of José tbh,  I hope he goes to United haha , so  Lukaku can come back, so we don't have to go out looking for another Stiker in the transfer window! Wishful thinking probably though.

Last edited:
Atletico will win in Barca, Barca are not going to let Real win the league. Atletico just needs to handle business next week.

Also Atletico and tie and win a game and Real wins out, they still win the league right? Atletico need to lose one of the games.

if they all win out going into the last game, which should be the most likely scenario then the standings going into kickoff would be:

Madrid needs to win out and get help from barca.  we all know atletico plays barca in barcelona so if barca wins they'll be tied with atletico at 91 points and barca holds the tie breaker.  Since all the games during the next two weeks will be played simultaneously, barca cant lay down in the atletico game.  Their title chances hang on them beating atletico and madrid to lose their final game.  That last weekend of games in two weeks is going to be nuts if all three are still alive for la liga.  Then the champions league final!!! It's going to be a great month of May.  And then damn, no soccer for almost 3 weeks until the world cup. 

Good point. Barca has to play to win because they have no idea what RM is doing in their game at the same time

I was actually thinking of just today, cause I missed the match. But Now that you mention it...yeah, I'm wondering what's happened overall, run out of gas?

Where is Ibis to make sense of all of this :lol:

I know PSG must be thinking of throwing in a cheeky bid after seeing these scenes of Hazard.

Haha I wouldn't doubt it man, I have bled blue since day 1 and I am tired of José tbh,  I hope he goes to United haha , so  Lukaku can come back, so we don't have to go out looking for another Stiker in the transfer window! Wishful thinking probably though.

I like Jose as a motivator of men, but his defensive tactics have annoyed me this season. I hope next season he switches it up a little bit

Tired of La Liga. How can the league with the best players have some of the worst fans in the developed world? Embarrassing. The only way this @#$% ends is if UEFA bans La Liga (and Serie A) teams from European competition like they did to England in the 80s. Let them know that even if one of them @#$% up all teams pay the price. Fining doesn't do @#$%, and docking points would just result in opposing fans dressing up to frame the home team.

http://www.espnfc.com/news/story/_/...akouli-diop-dances-face-racist-chants?cc=5901

:smh: if only these racist knew how stupid they look ...as I get older it's hard to get so mad cause the **** they say/do is so childish..

:rofl:

I swear that's how I pictured Barca fans looking. Both Madrid teams just opened the door for Barca to come in and snatch the league. It would be a shame if Atleti lose the title, but I'd rather Barca win it than Real win a treble.

I think the odds are still Atletico, Real, then Barca but there is always a chance. I think after the tie yesterday, an Atletico win and Real win today would have eliminated Barca. I think Real will win it though because they a facing the bottom of the table and I think Barca will beat or tie Atletico.

Last edited:
After the game, Diop—who was born in Senegal—succinctly explained his reaction. Via Marca (translated to English):

" They called me a monkey so I acted like a monkey. I'm tired of the racism in soccer. It's too much."

Nicely put and good explanations.

League football is usually done by now, it's going to be an extreme and fun ending. :smokin

After the game, Diop—who was born in Senegal—succinctly explained his reaction. Via Marca (translated to English):

" They called me a monkey so I acted like a monkey. I'm tired of the racism in soccer. It's too much."

Once again I get his frustration, but dancing like a monkey is not the way to handle this :smh:

Once again I get his frustration, but dancing like a monkey is not the way to handle this :smh:

I saw this when it happened, and the commentator was saying he wasn't sure what happened, but he was really praying that it wasn't another incident of racism, which has plagued Spain lately. At first I didn't think it was, but it's a shame to find out it was.

They simply need to dock points. It's the only way. Fines for the club don't affect the fans. When docking points, true fans will make those racist chanters shut up in the stands if they know their actions can lose a title race for their team.

Surprise, surprise. Ronaldo's #daretozlatan goal was sportscenters top play. Didnt think any soccer would make the cut let alone top one especially on a Sunday with nba and NHL playoffs and baseball. Nice to see espn giving footy some love.

Surprise, surprise. Ronaldo's #daretozlatan goal was sportscenters top play. Didnt think any soccer would make the cut let alone top one especially on a Sunday with nba and NHL playoffs and baseball. Nice to see espn giving footy some love.

Sportscenter may not show as much love to soccer as they should but Cristiano is always on the top plays if he scores a wonder goal. They love him lol

@NBCSportsSoccer Luis Suarez named Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year, from @mprindi http://wp.me/p2g4vo-18Mj

@StefanCoerts Louis van Gaal has called up 20 Eredivisie players for pre-World Cup training camp, including Kongolo and Locadia.
Bm3s52WCYAAMzTz.jpg

Last edited:
^ If van Gaal is indeed hired by United, I see an Oranje invasion happening at OT. Reading rumors ramping up on the technical staff coming in, van Gaal targeting Strootman from Roma & Robben from Bayern. :lol: Sneijder might finally be coming to OT also. I think Rooney will be in for a very rude awakening. If he thought dealing with SAF was bad, he's got another thing coming.

Finally got around to watching some footy off of my dvr. :smh: Barca defensively are just woeful. How did they let Getafe's Lafita completely unguarded on his second goal? If you watch that play, Getafe had 3 players on that side of the goal completed unguarded. Aside from Lafita's 2 goals, Getafe's goalie Julio Cesar was solid. I really hope Zubi & the board have enough sense to buy defenders this summer. This has been a glaring weakness for far too long.

Also watching some of the Atleti & Real Madrid games too. All I gotta say is Levante's Navas & Valencia's Diego Alves did an amazing job of keeping goals outta their nets.

:x @ Ronaldo's goal.

I loved Levante's Sissoko giving it too Costa. I'm very surprised the ref did throw any cards at either.

After NBA Commissioner Adam Silver moved so justly & swiftly against sterling, it makes you wonder why FIFA, UEFA, & the leagues drag their heels on taking swift & stern punishment on these acts of racism. It's somewhat to be expected given the economies in Europe. It breeds the xenophobia that we're seeing week in & week out. These orgs really need to send out a strong message stating this behavior will not be accepted at stadiums.

It will only make top plays if it's United, Barca, or Real involved. Those are the only 3 teams ESPN cares about in football

It will only make top plays if it's United, Barca, or Real involved. Those are the only 3 teams ESPN cares about in football

Don't feel bad, ESPN would show Chelsea - but the problem is, Chelsea doesn't score. Let alone have a player capable if scoring crazy goals.

I wouldn't want to see a John Terry header in the corner on my top 10. Pretty sure they had Suarez on couple times this season.

Don't feel bad, ESPN would show Chelsea - but the problem is, Chelsea doesn't score. Let alone have a player capable if scoring crazy goals.

I wouldn't want to see a John Terry header in the corner on my top 10. Pretty sure they had Suarez on couple times this season.

258bf345_AlonzoMourningThinks.gif

Last edited:
^^^ I absolutely hate when ESPN covers football on Sportscenter. They always rush through the highlights and speak with a very sarcastic undertone. Even when a footie clip makes the Top 10, they don't contextualize the magnitude and importance of such play, but when a random Baltimore Orioles player hits a walk-off in a meaningless game.... ESPN is gonna make sure you know how many players on base, how many outs, how many strikes, what this cat ate for breakfast (Wheaties) etc. etc. :smh:

^^^ I absolutely hate when ESPN covers football on Sportscenter. They always rush through the highlights and speak with a very sarcastic undertone. Even when a footie clip makes the Top 10, they don't contextualize the magnitude and importance of such play, but when a random Baltimore Orioles player hits a walk-off in a meaningless game.... ESPN is gonna make sure you know how many players on base, how many outs, how many strikes, what this cat ate for breakfast (Wheaties) etc. etc. :smh:

i said this the other day when all that was on ESPN was donald sterling coverage right after RM buried Bayern in champions league. Like huge win big game, a lot of goals. 0 mention during the first live sportscenter. But we got 30 mins on donald sterling. Basically ESPN is just a glorified TMZ at this point.

Kind of like i hate watching games on fox sports 1 with eric wynalda and gus johnson. Eric Wynalda will take every chance he gets to hate on players with nothing positive to say (his constant hate on Robben is embarrassing)...and gus johnson might as well be watching a different sport.

Last edited:
Basically ESPN is just a glorified TMZ at this point.

Aside from some 30 For 30's, footy matches, & now ESPN FC, I didn't watch espn for years.

I have an in-law that used to be an IT executive for espn up at Bristol. He said the culture there is like one gigantic frat boy environment gone wrong. Tons of workplace relationships, sexism, & rampant racism from top to bottom.

He's told me some stories about Suzie Kolber among other people. :smh:

Last edited:
I believe there is a book on all that stuff going on at the ESPN headquarters in Bristol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom