The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by AlachSB

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

I hope Dempsey gets signed to someone like NewCastle or Tottenham or even Arsenal and gets put as a FORWARD because the man can score!! USA gonna look nice up top, with Dempsey, Donovan, and Brek Shea on the come up 
glasses.gif

He won't end up at Arsenal with the likes of Podolski (and apparently M'Vila) supposedly coming. 
Tottenham have RVV and Adebayor and now Saha

Newcastle's pairing of Cisse and Ba and Ben Arfa is too strong for him to fit in. 

I'd like to see him in a higher level team...just not sure where he could go
Torres used to play the lone striker back in Liverpool, and Chelsea ran that same style with Torres alone up top for a few games, and it work pretty well. I would love to see them maybe try a 4-2-3-1, With Mata/Torres/Lampard the three CAM's and Drogba up top at striker. 
I completely forgot about Podolski and Arsenal. 

But let's face it, at Tottenham they need better strikers than Saha and Adebayor. Adebayor's a tall target, great for crossing, but I haven't seen how good his kicks are (I've only been able to watch a few of their games). I've watched Defoe even less than Adebayor, but at only 9 goals that can't say much. They have Wingers (Bale/Lennon), and they have two great Midfielders in Modric, RVV, and Parker, the only piece their missing are strikers. If they can't land Hazard this summer, then I can see them trying to go after Dempsey.

I would love to see Dempsey and Donovan make a move to Everton, but Donovan's never leaving LA Galaxy (unfortunately)

Looking at the top clubs, I'd say Tottenham is the best fit.

He would hardly get playing time at Man U/Man City

Arsenal's already going after Podolski

Chelsea has enough strikers, and probably is in their best interests to make it work with Torres

Liverpool is in the same boat as Chelsea with Carroll

And you're right about NewCastle

Now if he goes outside the Barclay's Premier League... 
Adebayor is talented...and very strong in the air.  I think Tottenham's issue was injury's and running our of steam.  Saha is good, but not great.  Luka is constantly on the verge of leaving Spurs, so I would say, another strong CAM and replace Saha and Spurs would be in top 4 consistently.
I doubt Spurs will get Hazard cause Chelsea is also chasing Hazard, and best believe....Chelsea is going to SPEND this summer.

Dempsey and Donovan to Everton would be interesting, but I still feel like Everton will always remain where they are until there are new owners with big cash. They need something drastic to push them into top 5. Nonetheless, Donovan should make a full time move to Everton, he seems to fit in there. 

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Even as a United fan...I want to see the boy back in form...
you're kidding,right?
As a football fan, an out of form Torres is bad for the game. That man was entertaining as hell to watch. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

Originally Posted by Jerome in the House

Clint to Inter Milan or AC Milan.

Book it.
no way

Case for AC Milan. They need another option at striker with Cassano being the lame he is. Pato cannot stay healthy to save his life. They don't have a real number 2 at striker.

Inter Milan- Forlan is most likely leaving this summer and with Clint probably available for no more than 15 million euros. They have a weak team up front. Clint would be huge for them.

He won't end up at Arsenal with the likes of Podolski (and apparently M'Vila) supposedly coming. 

Newcastle's pairing of Cisse and Ba and Ben Arfa is too strong for him to fit in. 

Torres used to play the lone striker back in Liverpool, and Chelsea ran that same style with Torres alone up top for a few games, and it work pretty well. I would love to see them maybe try a 4-2-3-1, With Mata/Torres/Lampard the three CAM's and Drogba up top at striker. 
I completely forgot about Podolski and Arsenal. 

But let's face it, at Tottenham they need better strikers than Saha and Adebayor. Adebayor's a tall target, great for crossing, but I haven't seen how good his kicks are (I've only been able to watch a few of their games). I've watched Defoe even less than Adebayor, but at only 9 goals that can't say much. They have Wingers (Bale/Lennon), and they have two great Midfielders in Modric, RVV, and Parker, the only piece their missing are strikers. If they can't land Hazard this summer, then I can see them trying to go after Dempsey.

I would love to see Dempsey and Donovan make a move to Everton, but Donovan's never leaving LA Galaxy (unfortunately)

Looking at the top clubs, I'd say Tottenham is the best fit.

He would hardly get playing time at Man U/Man City

Arsenal's already going after Podolski

Chelsea has enough strikers, and probably is in their best interests to make it work with Torres

Liverpool is in the same boat as Chelsea with Carroll

And you're right about NewCastle

Now if he goes outside the Barclay's Premier League... 
Adebayor is talented...and very strong in the air.  I think Tottenham's issue was injury's and running our of steam.  Saha is good, but not great.  Luka is constantly on the verge of leaving Spurs, so I would say, another strong CAM and replace Saha and Spurs would be in top 4 consistently.
I doubt Spurs will get Hazard cause Chelsea is also chasing Hazard, and best believe....Chelsea is going to SPEND this summer.

Dempsey and Donovan to Everton would be interesting, but I still feel like Everton will always remain where they are until there are new owners with big cash. They need something drastic to push them into top 5. Nonetheless, Donovan should make a full time move to Everton, he seems to fit in there. 
Talent over consistency? I'll take Dempsey over Adebayor 11/10 times. Dempsey can score. Dempsey even has more goals than Adebayor...as a MIDFIELDER! RVV is already their answer at CAM, they need no other piece than a legit striker, and Dempsey has shown that's the position he's supposed to be in. Their Defensive line could get better, but theres always room for improvement. 
If Modric stays, then run a 4-4-2, with DEMPSEY and Adebayor at strikers, Bale/Lennon at wing, RVV and Modric at CM. Heck, if Modric leaves, still run some variant of the 4-4-2 with Parker at Midfield.

And I was thinking of Dempsey going to...JUVENTUS! Check this out:

Dempsey has scored 21 goals total this season (15 in the BPL)

Juventus' leading scorer, ranks 11th (tied) in goals scored in the Serie A

Juventus only has one player in double digit goals scored

Dempsey has more than DOUBLED Juventus' leading scorer

Stick that man as Forward! 

AC Milan does not need Dempsey. Cassano plays better at a CAM type position, Ibra up front, and you have Robinho and Pato (when he's healthy)?

Adebayor is a +%*+ but he has done well at Spurs this season but he is on loan and I dont see how Spurs could afford his wages if he made a permanent switch to WHL.

Talent over consistency? I'll take Dempsey over Adebayor 11/10 times. Dempsey can score. Dempsey even has more goals than Adebayor...as a MIDFIELDER! RVV is already their answer at CAM, they need no other piece than a legit striker, and Dempsey has shown that's the position he's supposed to be in. Their Defensive line could get better, but theres always room for improvement. 
If Modric stays, then run a 4-4-2, with DEMPSEY and Adebayor at strikers, Bale/Lennon at wing, RVV and Modric at CM. Heck, if Modric leaves, still run some variant of the 4-4-2 with Parker at Midfield.

And I was thinking of Dempsey going to...JUVENTUS! Check this out:

Dempsey has scored 21 goals total this season (15 in the BPL)

Juventus' leading scorer, ranks 11th (tied) in goals scored in the Serie A

Juventus only has one player in double digit goals scored

Dempsey has more than DOUBLED Juventus' leading scorer

Stick that man as Forward! 

AC Milan does not need Dempsey. Cassano plays better at a CAM type position, Ibra up front, and you have Robinho and Pato (when he's healthy)?

Reading what you're saying is making sense. 
And like @Trunks is saying, there' no way they're going to want to pay Adebayor's wages.  Dempsey's wages would be much lower.  But I wonder what fee they'd let Clint go for.  They're going to try and attach a Caroll-esque fee cause they know his value to their specific club.  

Tottenham is still too caught up trying to find out if HR is staying or going, and whether Luka will stick around.  It's a shame, cause if Spurs stayed focused, they could have went really far.  Adebayor started strongly at Spurs, but I think he began to slow down. 

Dempsey needs to be at a club with CL aspirations...

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Even as a United fan...I want to see the boy back in form...
you're kidding,right?
As a football fan, an out of form Torres is bad for the game. That man was entertaining as hell to watch. 
ohwell.gif

@Keepie ya daaaaamn right as a United fan.
@Boys Noize Exactly. 
I'm a United fan through and through, but I enjoy watching good football.  And it's a shame to watch all that talent go to waste. 

As much as I want United to win, I want other teams to bring out the best in United. 

5/8 European semifinalists are Spanish sides. Amazing times for Spanish football.
pimp.gif

Average performance, but Barca managed the three points thanks to Messi's brace giving him an absurd 60 on the season. Here's a bit of magic from the game that doesn't show up on the stat table:

I hope Dempsey gets signed to someone like NewCastle or Tottenham or even Arsenal and gets put as a FORWARD because the man can score!! USA gonna look nice up top, with Dempsey, Donovan, and Brek Shea on the come up 
glasses.gif

TORRES!!!! 

Damnnit he deserved that goal

smh how unlucky can he get

This is what I was saying the whole time, he slipped twice, and that volley should've been his goal, but Mata put it in so Chelsea still got the W.
See the thing about Torres is, he can still dribble/get past defenders like nothing (he's shown it just about every game under Di Matteo) and has been setting up mad assists. I'm thinking Chelsea should try playing him at CAM, his passing has been GREAT it's just his finishing that he still needs to find

I was just saying the dude is playing WAAAAY out of his position...he should be where Drogba is playing...or as a CAM (problem is, Frank is going to want to sit in the middle and control the play)...but having Torres far out on the wing isn't helping...but his confidence is growing on the daily...
laugh.gif
 What have you two been watching? Torres has played as the lone center forward nearly every match he's started this season. With the exception of the 3/4 matches he and Drogba both started where he played on the wing. He and Drogba basically alternate at CF. Torres only goes to the wing when they're on the pitch together.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

you're kidding,right?
ohwell.gif

I'm a United fan through and through, but I enjoy watching good football.  And it's a shame to watch all that talent go to waste.
he probably deserved it...dude did Liverpool and the Anfield faithful dirty...

Well, they probably didn't need it, but United was just gifted a penalty/send off when Ashley Young was a yard offside. Even the penalty is harsh, but the sending off I'm not sure about. Either way, that's game, set, and match less than 15 minutes in.

Utd a bit fortunate there. Harsh red for QPR, especially since Ash was offside too. Good pen by Rooney though.

Yeah, deemed as a "clear scoring opportunity", but not as clear-cut as say a 1 v 1 counter-attack. Very lucky. Definitely one of those "Old Trafford calls".

Well, now that this is settled, can we just start Arsenal/City now? I got some other stuff I need to do...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

laugh.gif
 What have you two been watching? Torres has played as the lone center forward nearly every match he's started this season. With the exception of the 3/4 matches he and Drogba both started where he played on the wing. He and Drogba basically alternate at CF. Torres only goes to the wing when they're on the pitch together.

Since RDM came around, I've seen Torres floating around the right wing.  Even yesterdays match, he was floating around the right wing.

Scholes looks so damn calm out there....
His ability to dish it out to the wings with such accuracy is incredible...

That last attempt (Raphael) was magic...

QPR's Keeper is looking sharp out there...

He scores goals, galore, 
He scores goals! 
He scores goals, galore, 
He scores goals! 
He scores goals, galore, 
He scores goals! 
Paul Scholes - he scores goals... 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom