The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Wow, can't believe Barca didn't capitalize after Chelsea were reduced to 10 men. And then missed a penalty.

Barca's nice passing game is designed to create easy goal chances. But when this fails, they simply don't have a player who can score difficult goals from distance. This is the flaw in the otherwise so beautiful Barcelona philosophy.

barcelona losing
pimp.gif

What is the reality of Chelsea beating Madrid or Muchen with key players not playing in the final? Of course we have to wait till tomorrow to see if Madrid or Muchen get any yellow or reds resulting in a key player not playing come the 19th.

Im pretty sure this is it for Barca for another couple years to come. I dont see them winning another CL for at least another 5 more years. Xavi, Puyol and some of the other vets need to move on. Yes, they have a series of talented young members on the squad for the future, but this current group is finished.

even with the way Bilboa is playing they aren't even a shoe in another more for this Copa Del Rey final

Originally Posted by bizzygunts

Im pretty sure this is it for Barca for another couple years to come. I dont see them winning another CL for at least another 5 more years. Xavi, Puyol and some of the other vets need to move on. Yes, they have a series of talented young members on the squad for the future, but this current group is finished.

even with the way Bilboa is playing they aren't even a shoe in another more for this Copa Del Rey final
i hate barca but this  is false
if they had villa in this game the score would have been vastly different
also they need to return messi to the wing and play a true strikern

It's not so much the players' fault. Pep desperately needs to find a plan B when playing parked buses. I knew the game was over around the 70th minute because the entire squad looked completely clueless and reverted to all those lateral passes again. Not having an on-form Pedro and Villa isn't usually a big deal since we can rely on passing the ball into the net, but when those passing lanes are shut down by buses this team is absolutely hopeless in front of goal. The commentators of the stream I was watching got it spot on; he mentioned that the way we play is so cemented into our players that they simply can't figure out how to adapt to these situations.

Hopefully Villa will return to his 2010 form after returning to the squad. Also, instead of picking up Alexis and Fabregas (whose purchase I still hate to this day) we should've picked up more defenders. At it's healthiest, Barca's defense plays together really well, but as soon as one of them gets injured the entire back line falls to pieces. Goes to show how important Abidal is to this team.

Originally Posted by SFC415

It's not so much the players' fault. Pep desperately needs to find a plan B when playing parked buses. I knew the game was over around the 70th minute because the entire squad looked completely clueless and reverted to all those lateral passes again. Not having an on-form Pedro and Villa isn't usually a big deal since we can rely on passing the ball into the net, but when those passing lanes are shut down by buses this team is absolutely hopeless in front of goal. The commentators of the stream I was watching got it spot on; he mentioned that the way we play is so cemented into our players that they simply can't figure out how to adapt to these situations.

Hopefully Villa will return to his 2010 form after returning to the squad. Also, instead of picking up Alexis and Fabregas (whose purchase I still hate to this day) we should've picked up more defenders. At it's healthiest, Barca's defense plays together really well, but as soon as one of them gets injured the entire back line falls to pieces. Goes to show how important Abidal is to this team.

lol, I completely forgot about Villa, he was a true striker and didnt need that tiky taky passing routes to bury the ball in the back of the net, hopefully this all this wishful thinking on my part for the demise of Barca do come true, but in the meantime I'm relishing a Final whereas it's a given that Barca won't win

lol, I completely forgot about Villa, he was a true striker and didnt need that tiky taky passing routes to bury the ball in the back of the net, hopefully this all this wishful thinking on my part for the demise of Barca do come true, but in the meantime I'm relishing a Final whereas it's a given that Barca won't win

THIS!
I really miss Villa in games like these, I think he would of made the difference.

World Cup Villa, and Barcelona Villa are two different monsters but he is better than the strikers we have at the moment.

Bayern's gonna win
pimp.gif
Can someone explain the logic behind Arsenal/Man United fans posting "
pimp.gif
" for Chelsea making the final? If my bitter rival played another team that I hated, I'd be mad no matter who won
laugh.gif

Torres 
pimp.gif

I'm surprised there wasn't 5min of ET...

I see that Italian Inter Milan parking the train style can work more than once.

Bayern's gonna win
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
" for Chelsea making the final? If my bitter rival played another team that I hated, I'd be mad no matter who won
laugh.gif
Some of it may come from the hatred from last years CL final. 
For me as a United fan, I couldn't care who won, I'm happy to see Torres score cause the boy has been puttin in work with no results...it's a shame to see all that talent goto waste. 

I pretty much don't care who wins the CL, I just want to see loads of great goals. 

Chelsea are NOT our bitter rivals. 

Whooa
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

I DVR'd the game and just finished watching it.

That was intense.. I was just sitting there waiting for Barca to score again.. But it never happened!

Thank the soccer lords for Victor Valdes!

EDIT: Scott Parker will never ever do what Ramires just pulled off. Thats the definition of having an impact.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
I'm English, therefore i'm happy that another English team is in the final.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Bayern's gonna win
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
For me as a United fan, I couldn't care who won, I'm happy to see Torres score cause the boy has been puttin in work with no results...it's a shame to see all that talent goto waste. 

I pretty much don't care who wins the CL, I just want to see loads of great goals. 

I was referring more to Arsenal (don't you guys hate Chelsea though?), and how it would be like me rooting for Madrid to win the CL just because they're in the same league. That Torres goal was so out of nowhere that it replaced alot of the anger I felt with the  "mind=blown" feeling
laugh.gif
this must be a HUGE confidence booster for him, and I'm looking forward to see how it affects him in the future

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Bayern's gonna win
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah I don't really see a problem with other EPL club fans rooting for Chelsea, United is only worried about the title race and if they(Chelsea) win out and Arsenal slip to forth and miss CL they have no one to blame but themselves.

But what a difference time makes, I thought Torres might pull another United moment.

torres.gif

vs
ikIy3pdWTX7Lf.gif

Back
Top Bottom