The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

One nice chip doesn't wash away countless missed or wasted opportunities. I watch enough of Chelsea and Ramires to confidently say his finishing is far from world-class.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

One nice chip doesn't wash away countless missed or wasted opportunities. I watch enough of Chelsea and Ramires to confidently say his finishing is far from world-class.

But that finish today was world class..  But i agree he's missed far too many opportunities this year, hopefully this gives him some confidence.. but like someone had mentioned earlier, he makes great runs imo... and he is a yellow card just waiting to happen with his defense.. 

Originally Posted by SFC415

Originally Posted by babam11218719

How many times do we have to tell people that Arsenal fans cannot stand Barcelona. Chelsea is a London rival but I personally don't have a hatred for Chelsea.  

I know you guys can't stand Barca, I'm just saying I don't see the point of rooting for one of your main competitors either. Oh well I guess it just differs from fan to fan, cause my United and Arsenal friends hate every other big name EPL team with a passion and wanted both Barca and Chelsea out of the quarterfinals.

Anyways I'm ready to see a divefest tomorrow. Ribery/Robben vs Di Maria/Pepe/Ronaldo
laugh.gif
This is a case of rooting for the lesser evil in Chelsea. Ask any Arsenal fan, and they'll still be, at the least, bitter as hell about the Cesc situation. I dont like Chelsea... but I hate Barca.

I'll still be rooting for the winner of Madrid/Munich in the final.

Didn't get to catch the game live but saw the 30-minute highlights on Footytube... amazing game from what I saw. That Ramires goal was pure class from start to finish. All that beautiful Barcelona passing, like has been the case as of late, wasted with terrible finishing. Glad to see Torres score (I want the entertaining Fernando Torres back.)

Ive never cheered for chelsea so hard before in my life 
laugh.gif

i yelled out so loud when torres rounded valdes and finished off the tie my mom and aunt ran downstairs they thought that something happened to me. 
laugh.gif

Im so happy that barcelona is out and extremely happy for torres, he def needed that for his confidence. dude has taken a lot of crap from people ragging on him for his lost form hopefully he gets back on track hes such a classy guy.

ill be rooting for Real to take it all since im a huge CR7 supporter but i wouldnt be mad in the least bit if chelsea take it. They honestly deserve it after this performance against cheatcelona

Hoosier, you don't even believe that. Yaya Toure is the best box-to-box midfielder not only in England, but the entire world. His work rate is incredible, gifted both offensively and with defensive duties.

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

i yelled out so loud when torres rounded valdes and finished off the tie my mom and aunt ran downstairs they thought that something happened to me. 
laugh.gif

with my dad home that's the norm when Mexico or Santos play, but I yelled in both legs of the match and my bro came storming in
laugh.gif

cuz of the game i got late to class, aced the quiz and when I checked the final score my insides jumped with joy
pimp.gif

I was at work during the game so I kept my phone off and downloaded it and just finished watching it.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
All I can say is wow...what a defensive performance.As much as I hate to give them any credit but man hats off to Chelsea. The drama was incredible. 
I, as well as all other Arsenal fans, hope the winner of tomorrows match lifts the title but man what a performance being down a man and losing both CBs.

We need to quit $*!#%$! around and lock up 3rd because Chelsea just may win the whole thing and 4th place gets booted out of the CL. 

Originally Posted by DLo13

Holy ***#. Holy ***#. Holy ***#.

(just got done watching on DVR...more concise thoughts later)
Just got done watching after having not heard anything or talked to anyone about the game all day/night. All I can say is wow. 

Oh I dont like Ivanovic but man the Skysports reporter was an %!!%#@# for telling/reminding him right away that he was going to miss the final during their post match interview. 

Originally Posted by trunks206

I was at work during the game so I kept my phone off and downloaded it and just finished watching it.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
All I can say is wow...what a defensive performance.As much as I hate to give them any credit but man hats off to Chelsea. The drama was incredible. 
I, as well as all other Arsenal fans, hope the winner of tomorrows match lifts the title but man what a performance being down a man and losing both CBs.

We need to quit $*!#%$! around and lock up 3rd because Chelsea just may win the whole thing and 4th place gets booted out of the CL. 
the winner should get auto entry next year.  Dont know why spain still has four slots, they're league is a joke.

the winner should get auto entry next year. Dont know why spain still has four slots, they're league is a joke.

2 out of the last 4 teams in the Champions League and 3 out of the last 4 teams in the Europa League is a joke?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

the winner should get auto entry next year. Dont know why spain still has four slots, they're league is a joke.

2 out of the last 4 teams in the Champions League and 3 out of the last 4 teams in the Europa League is a joke?
laugh.gif

EPL fans arrogance .......
laugh.gif

Right now, I'd take Song over Toure, he has disappeared for the last half of the season and Song is a better defender protecting the back 4.

I wish they would have a summer tournament 2 game home and home for every team in England vs. the team that finished in the same position in Spain. (Madrid vs. United, Barcelona vs. City, Arsenal vs. Valencia, etc) and see who wins, it would really be quite interesting.

Originally Posted by hoosiergunner

Right now, I'd take Song over Toure, he has disappeared for the last half of the season and Song is a better defender protecting the back 4.

I wish they would have a summer tournament 2 game home and home for every team in England vs. the team that finished in the same position in Spain. (Madrid vs. City, Barcelona vs. United, Arsenal vs. Valencia, etc) and see who wins, it would really be quite interesting.

Fixed
wink.gif

But I definitely agree with the Liga v. Prem idea, would be exciting to watch especially with the never ending debate between the two leagues.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Comment that stood out: Parker not having the same impact as Ramires. Stop it, right now. Ramires has good pace and makes well-timed runs, but can't finish worth a lick. Parker is the creative engine that makes Spurs go.
If Ramires cant finish worth a lick..? Can you please describe Scott Parkers finishing for us?
Ramires has missed some chances but so has Sturridge, Lampard, Mata and pretty much everyone on Chelsea.

Ramires finishing looked pretty good a couple weeks ago when Chelsea handled Spurs. Where Parker was once again outperformed.

You say Parker is the creative engine that makes Spurs go.. But where exactly are they going?

Ramires performance over two legs against Barca made the difference and put Chelsea in the CL final.

Scott Parker in his career has never done anything to compare to what Ramires just did. Its that simple.

But somehow people believe Scott Parker has more impact on the game? 
30t6p3b.gif

I guess.

I'm thinking today's winner from Real vs Bayern will be champs. Only because Chelseas Ramires who has been a huge factor won't play and neither will someone else I forgot who. that's just my opinion. But I'm rooting for Real and Chelsea if anything.

Back
Top Bottom