The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Yup I thought he was going to do that again.
laugh.gif

That loss hurt badly - No excuses should be made. If we can't capitilize with a penalty and can't score on a team with 10 people, then we should lose by all means. As much as it hurts, it is a good wake up call for us. I am sick and tire of the whole Pep drama on whether he leaves or stays - that is unnecessary drama for the team - either stay for good or leave already. Also our defense is weak and teams KNOW FOR A FACT THAT BARCA is not good at defending counterattacks. We need to invest in better defenders as soon as possible. As far as the striker topic goes, I am content with Villa and Sanchez as my strickers.

Finally, I can't wait for everybody to blame Messi for our elimination but before you do, please remember all that the guy has done for us. I can already see analysts saying that Messi may be losing a step but give the guy a break, he had an outstanding season and the guy is a winner, I am sure he takes this loss much harder than any of us. As much as I would rather Chelsea to win against Real, I don't think they will be able to stop all the firepower they have - Ronaldo, DiMaria, Marcelo, Benzema, etc. Agh...I'll shut up now, I need a drink.

Holy ***#. Holy ***#. Holy ***#.

(just got done watching on DVR...more concise thoughts later)

Messi missing the penalty is what cost us
grin.gif
.Im not putting the full blame on him cus hes one of the major reasons of getting us that far. He played a bad game against Chelsea period. I also believe that if david villa was in it would have been different. But Chelsea is another one of my favorite teams so big ups to them. someone called it too a few pages back of how el nino would score. And as far as bayern vs real im thinking bayern might pull an upset but i want real to pass.

It brings a smile to my face to see "The Old Guard" have another crack at it. I still cringe at the memory of John Terry slipping in that shoot-out // The referee controversy vs. Barcelona a few years back.

Di Matteo deserved this job on perm basis before this match. Now? he better get it.

Chelsea go on wounded. No Ramires, Meireles, Ivanovic or Terry for the final.

Obviously, I want Real Madrid to be in Munich and best them but I'm glad they'll be there. We'll find out tomorrow. Respect to Bayern Munich, it'll be tough.

72975_365854993452065_100000827019361_911756_935910757_n.jpg

Originally Posted by SFC415

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Bayern's gonna win
pimp.gif
Can someone explain the logic behind Arsenal/Man United fans posting "
pimp.gif
" for Chelsea making the final? If my bitter rival played another team that I hated, I'd be mad no matter who won
laugh.gif
Some of it may come from the hatred from last years CL final. 
For me as a United fan, I couldn't care who won, I'm happy to see Torres score cause the boy has been puttin in work with no results...it's a shame to see all that talent goto waste. 

I pretty much don't care who wins the CL, I just want to see loads of great goals. 

Chelsea are NOT our bitter rivals. 
I was referring more to Arsenal (don't you guys hate Chelsea though?), and how it would be like me rooting for Madrid to win the CL just because they're in the same league. That Torres goal was so out of nowhere that it replaced alot of the anger I felt with the  "mind=blown" feeling
laugh.gif
this must be a HUGE confidence booster for him, and I'm looking forward to see how it affects him in the future

How many times do we have to tell people that Arsenal fans cannot stand Barcelona. Chelsea is a London rival but I personally don't have a hatred for Chelsea.  

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Bayern's gonna win
pimp.gif
Can someone explain the logic behind Arsenal/Man United fans posting "
pimp.gif
" for Chelsea making the final? If my bitter rival played another team that I hated, I'd be mad no matter who won
laugh.gif
Some of it may come from the hatred from last years CL final. 
For me as a United fan, I couldn't care who won, I'm happy to see Torres score cause the boy has been puttin in work with no results...it's a shame to see all that talent goto waste. 

I pretty much don't care who wins the CL, I just want to see loads of great goals. 

Chelsea are NOT our bitter rivals. 
I was referring more to Arsenal (don't you guys hate Chelsea though?), and how it would be like me rooting for Madrid to win the CL just because they're in the same league. That Torres goal was so out of nowhere that it replaced alot of the anger I felt with the  "mind=blown" feeling
laugh.gif
this must be a HUGE confidence booster for him, and I'm looking forward to see how it affects him in the future

How many times do we have to tell people that Arsenal fans cannot stand Barcelona. Chelsea is a London rival but I personally don't have a hatred for Chelsea.  

Originally Posted by babam11218719

I know you guys can't stand Barca, I'm just saying I don't see the point of rooting for one of your main competitors either. Oh well I guess it just differs from fan to fan, cause my United and Arsenal friends hate every other big name EPL team with a passion and wanted both Barca and Chelsea out of the quarterfinals.

Anyways I'm ready to see a divefest tomorrow. Ribery/Robben vs Di Maria/Pepe/Ronaldo
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Barca: beautiful game, juego bonito, jogo bonito LOSERS
Chelsea: dirty play, boring play, scared to attack WINNERS

fixed. Enjoy your commemorative DVD on your run to the semi finals playing "jugo bonito".  

But in all seriousness, this was the best soccer game I have seen in a long time. The suspense and drama was unreal. I dont even care if we lose the final (1/2 our team is disqualified), there is no way it can top this. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-Drogba today was 
pimp.gif
, I really thought that long shot was gonna fool Valdes 
laugh.gif

-Ramires's chip 
pimp.gif

-The defense
pimp.gif
, Barca won 1 header the whole game

-
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Messi   He played like garbage today, and Barca losing is 50% his fault for missing that penalty 

Chelsea won even with the refs so blatantly cheating for UEFAlona. :smh:

7 cards for Chelsea vs 2 for Barca now we're going to be down 3 men for the final. :smh

kej905.gif

I don't know if it's because I'm drunk as *$$# right now, but this gif I just made got me feeling emotional. I won't speak a negative word today, the guys worked their tails off and got a historic result. Let's keep this going.

Still hype as $!@+. Feeling like this, right now.

2z83f54.gif

laugh.gif
@ that Drogba/Mata tender embrace.

I don't know why I like RDM so much, but %$#@, give that man the job already. I don't care if Roman ends up firing him by November...

Goodness, did not see that result coming. I was at a local soccer bar and the atmosphere was hyped from kickoff. Many close friends are passionate FCB supporters and the ultimate mood was somber to say the least, doused with beer. Looking forward to abovelegit's comments. I will post more in-depth analysis later. Comment that stood out: Parker not having the same impact as Ramires. Stop it, right now. Ramires has good pace and makes well-timed runs, but can't finish worth a lick. Parker is the creative engine that makes Spurs go. Him and Modric provide all the offensive creativity. Tottenham's demise has nothing to do with Parker and everything to do with Harry's national intentions serving as a monster distraction. I'm reserving extensive comment for Madrid/Bayern, but know the Bavarians will be motivated for a potential CL final on their home pitch. Please come through, Mou.

Just watched the game again, and the sequence to the Ramires goal was brilliance, he almost ran the whole length on the pitch on it, the run, Frank's pass and the finish 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Thank you Chelsea and what a way to end it, Torres
pimp.gif

Now tomorrow, let's hope Bayern can win this the 3-headed German Giant let's go!!!!!!!

pimp.gif
I watched the game at Hooters with my Fernando Torres Chelsea jersey on.. All Barca fans in there, just me supporting Chelsea.. what an epic game.. When Torres scored that goal I blacked out on the %#@* talking.. if any of those Barca fans were bout that life in there I would have had to fight
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Ramires has good pace and makes well-timed runs, but can't finish worth a lick.

I personally think Parker is overrated but do not care enough about the subject to argue about it.  I just don't think today was the day say that Ramires can't finish.  I mean that finish he had was pure class.

Back
Top Bottom