The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Well if it makes you Arsenal fans feel any better about the Cesc fiasco, dude sucks on Barca
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
also, the Chelsea draw had several big calls go against Barca along with Abidal's phantom red card, but of course people don't remember those.

Anyways speaking of Chelsea, I was rooting for Benfica, but my boy Meireles
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I wouldn't dare to say that Barca will beat Chelsea in 45 minutes. Maybe last year's squad, but this year's Barca always plays down to the level of their opponents (no offense to Chelsea fans). Either that or they just can't finish for @#$%

Originally Posted by SFC415

Well if it makes you Arsenal fans feel any better about the Cesc fiasco, dude sucks on Barca
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
also, the Chelsea draw had several big calls go against Barca along with Abidal's phantom red card, but of course people don't remember those.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I wouldn't dare to say that Barca will beat Chelsea in 45 minutes. Maybe last year's squad, but this year's Barca always plays down to the level of their opponents (no offense to Chelsea fans). Either that or they just can't finish for @#$%

indifferent.gif

Do you watch Barcelona for the full matches of just the highlights?
Cesc is looking sharp out there son. 

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by SFC415

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif

Do you watch Barcelona for the full matches of just the highlights?
Cesc is looking sharp out there son. 

Actually I watch every match
indifferent.gif
Cesc has been anything but sharp in most matches. He's slow and commits  so many awkward passes and turnovers in the final third+ missing multiple wide open goal attempts...Part of him sucking has to do with Pep trying to accommodate him by experimenting and playing him out of position, but still. Once in a while he scores and puts up a good performance (yesterday he was good), but most of the time he should just stay on the bench (until we start playing him in his actual position).  If you think I'm making this @#$% up, go see how most Barca fans feel about him on any of their forums.

"Not because I scored some goals I have to score every time. I am aware that I have to improve a lot, I am still learning. This ‘software’ that Pep created is not easy to catch in two days, but I will keep working to improve.
To play in midfield I need a bit more discipline … At Arsenal I was used to playing more upfront so I still have that anxiety to go forward fast and pass the ball on to Leo Messi for him to finish the play as soon as possible."-Cesc himself

cesc has been great for barca and i watch every match. hes 3rd in scoring for barca in la liga and 3rd in assists for barca in la liga. thats pretty damn good if you ask me being his first season at top level.

and alot of yall are so biased when you watch these games its so obvious. barca gets blatantly and tactically fouled more than any other team i have ever seen play and the refs constantly lets more fouls be committed on them just because they have so much possession. the constant blatant anti-football fouling is way overlooked when it becomes to barca just because its expected nowadays. i saw alot more yellows committed by milan than what was called. ambrosini should have gotten at least 2. the first penalty should have been a red card. yall cry all you want but the result was fair. matter of fact this shouldnt even be a discussion. milan did not come close to matching barca in the tie and people blame it on one call.

pay jape wrote:
cesc has been great for barca and i watch every match. hes 3rd in scoring for barca in la liga and 3rd in assists for barca in la liga. thats pretty damn good if you ask me being his first season at top level.

and alot of yall are so biased when you watch these games its so obvious. barca gets blatantly and tactically fouled more than any other team i have ever seen play and the refs constantly lets more fouls be committed on them just because they have so much possession. the constant blatant anti-football fouling is way overlooked when it becomes to barca just because its expected nowadays. i saw alot more yellows committed by milan than what was called. ambrosini should have gotten at least 2. the first penalty should have been a red card. yall cry all you want but the result was fair. matter of fact this shouldnt even be a discussion. milan did not come close to matching barca in the tie and people blame it on one call.

I didn't question his assists or goals (well I did question that, since he has missed many wide open shots this year, but I guess everyone else on the squad has too so I'll take it back). What pisses me off is his tendency to force a 'final' or a forward ball too often (which he admits to), resulting in a turnover in the final third of the pitch. His positioning on the field sucks and he needs to improve on defense, which is probably due to him being played out of position. Stats don't tell the whole story. If that were the case, Ibra would still be on Barca right now.

On the second point, I agree with you completely. Barca players get hacked ridiculously in every game and the refs let the other team get away with anything. Look at any El Clasico matchup; Xabi Alonso, Ramos, and Pepe commit red card worthy fouls every game, but at the most they only get yellow cards. Then when one of them gets thrown out on a soft call, all hell breaks loose
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Im beginning to think Barca are really Uefalona.

It's a marketing thing, they want the world to see how beautiful Barca football is so they keep them happy and ensure they do what they can to make them win.

Real will take you down anyway both La Liga and CL.

Who is she ^^^? I'm always seeing her every Chelsea game lol
I would HATE it if UEFA Finals turns into another Clasico. I wish they would've just put Real Madrid vs Barca in the semis, and Bayern Munich vs Chelsea in the other. 

Now that being said, I hate Barca (Not a Real Madrid fan either), and I like Torres, so I hope they win (probably not gonna happen
roll.gif
).

But I do think Bayern Munich (my favorites at the start of the UEFA tourney) has a real shot of beating Real Madrid. So maybe a Bayern Munich vs Barca final?

Originally Posted by hugebird

Papiss Cisse just does not stop scoring goals.

Liverpool needs to stop buying overpriced British trash and sign Newcastle's talent scouts this summer. All of their recent signings have been gold.I'd love to see Newcastle take 4th, just for a change of pace.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Originally Posted by hugebird

Papiss Cisse just does not stop scoring goals.

Liverpool needs to stop buying overpriced British trash and sign Newcastle's talent scouts this summer. All of their recent signings have been gold.I'd love to see Newcastle take 4th, just for a change of pace.
With Tottenham at third 
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom