The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

so instead of simply tappin the ball for Xavi, who was 4 feet away and in front of him, Thiago intentionally popped it up and made it hit his hand..lol

he miss touched it and thats it.

Last edited:
Jozy's knee slide fail :lol: :lol:

A goal and assist though :pimp:

:rofl: that was a sweet goal though, maybe he heard Jeurgen's comments earlier this week.....broke out the stop, drop, and roll on the "slide" :smokin

Lyon with a big game vs Bordeaux today, hopefully we come out with 3 pts

Last edited:
I need more shows like "being Liverpool"
those are real "reality" shows to me because we do see the news that rodgers is the new manager, who's starting and what not. also British reality shows always show episodes within 2 or 3 days of the event actually happen unlike Jersey Shore where they have months ahead to make up storylines etc etc.

Last edited:
Elaborate :nerd:

His sides have a reputation of being dynamic in the attacking phase, but inept defensively. Still early, but the reputation seems apt at the moment. Roma are a talented side, and I enjoy watching his attacking patterns with the 4-3-3, so I'm hoping your boys sort it out.

The United lost is stirring up some talk, among fans, about Sir Alex needing to retire. I don't know, he's choices for the starting XI are a little questionable now. Rumor was either Pep or Mourinho as replacement. Mourinho is a packed deal though, Mourinho+Ronaldo+ drama. Kind of early to talk about it, but it's gaining stream.

The United lost is stirring up some talk, among fans,about Sir Alex needing to retire.I don't know, he's choices for the starting XI are a little questionable now..Rumor was either Pep or Mourinho as replacement. Mourinho is a packed deal though, Mourinho+Ronaldo+ drama. Kind of early to talk about it, but it's gaining stream.

i'm very sure Sir Alex wants United to be level with arch rivals Liverpool with 5 European Cups...
but we all know that's not gonna happen anytime soon...
realistically,he should just be happy with a few more league titles before he retires...
i've read it too that he Sir Alex has been in touch with Pep lately...
i don't know,maybe we'll see Ole Solskjaer managing United someday...after all,he did a great job with the United youngsters...

i gotta agree with you on his team selection for the match against Spurs though...
Fletch and Ando had a good game against Newcastle with the former playing in a new role just in front of the back four...
based on form,i was surprised that neither one of them was even in the first eleven...

and Mourinho?nah...don't want him at Old Trafford...way too much drama with him on board...

His sides have a reputation of being dynamic in the attacking phase, but inept defensively. Still early, but the reputation seems apt at the moment. Roma are a talented side, and I enjoy watching his attacking patterns with the 4-3-3, so I'm hoping your boys sort it out.

We have NO BODY in the back worth talking about, I mean in all honesty our best defender is De Rossi |I

Few more random boots.

Arsenal+v+Chelsea+Premier+League+3RG_C8XpWFdx.jpg

Arsenal+v+Chelsea+Premier+League+VNMgJz8afQHx.jpg

Real+Madrid+CF+v+RC+Deportivo+La+Coruna+La+xW1mE3s4GYEx.jpg

Real+Madrid+CF+v+RC+Deportivo+La+Coruna+La+-21IJqlFYKHx.jpg

The United lost is stirring up some talk, among fans, about Sir Alex needing to retire. I don't know, he's choices for the starting XI are a little questionable now. Rumor was either Pep or Mourinho as replacement. Mourinho is a packed deal though, Mourinho+Ronaldo+ drama. Kind of early to talk about it, but it's gaining stream.

The problem with SAF, is that almost every time we start to say the dude is going off the tracks, he comes back and proves us wrong. Just a little while ago, when the Rooney transfer saga was on, people were saying FERGIE OUT and my how they quickly forgot about their shoutings when he had one hand on the trophy.

I don't think with United's current squad and financial situation that we can get another CL trophy anytime soon. We should focus on solid finishes in the CL and trying to win the league. That alone will be hard enough with City and Chelsea really putting in work lately.

If he can secure one more league win, I think he should bow out on top. No one can question him on his legacy even if he didn't get up to 5 European titles.

The problem with SAF, is that almost every time we start to say the dude is going off the tracks, he comes back and proves us wrong. Just a little while ago, when the Rooney transfer saga was on, people were saying FERGIE OUT and my how they quickly forgot about their shoutings when he had one hand on the trophy.
I don't think with United's current squad and financial situation that we can get another CL trophy anytime soon. We should focus on solid finishes in the CL and trying to win the league. That alone will be hard enough with City and Chelsea really putting in work lately.
If he can secure one more league win, I think he should bow out on top. No one can question him on his legacy even if he didn't get up to 5 European titles.

I agree more one league win and he should leave but the thing is even if it comes as a league win, his choices are impacting the team from the top down. United is losing Academy talent because their promised a chance to play and it never comes. Respectable that he has loyalty to specific players that had a long time in but it's no doubt coming at a cost. At this point, he should start to realize, his time is coming up and he should leave a good base for the next person whether it be Pep, Ole gunnar solskjaer, or the Mourinho+Ronaldo combo(would love to see him back but age will soon be a factor).

I think a perfect example is De Gea. He's not too fond of Manchester(the city), Confidence level isn't that good, but is called the future Keeper.

Last edited:
here he goes again with the rotation...

Manchester United rest trio for Cluj trip

Sir Alex Ferguson has opted to rest the experienced trio of Ryan Giggs,Paul Scholes and Michael Carrick for Manchester United's Champions League visit to Romanian champions Cluj.

how you not gonna play your best passers in the team for an important CL away match... :smh:

I agree more one league win and he should leave but the thing is even if it comes as a league win, his choices are impacting the team from the top down. United is losing Academy talent because their promised a chance to play and it never comes. Respectable that he has loyalty to specific players that had a long time in but it's no doubt coming at a cost. At this point, he should start to realize, his time is coming up and he should leave a good base for the next person whether it be Pep, Ole gunnar solskjaer, or the Mourinho+Ronaldo combo(would love to see him back but age will soon be a factor).
I think a perfect example is De Gea. He's not too fond of Manchester(the city), Confidence level isn't that good, but is called the future Keeper.

I don't know about that.

SAF has shown his preference for certain players, but also shown his intentions of rejuvenating players. Some of these players are young and inexperienced and think that cause they did well at the academy, they're going to be another Cesc and start playing top flight at 16 starting every match.

But SAF has shown this buy either buying or giving a chance to

-Henriquez
-Powell
Wootton (A)
-Brady (A)
-Buttner
-De Gea
-Rafael
-Cleverley
-Tunnicliffe (A)
-Blackett (A)
-Keane (A)

The A's are academy players. The rest are youth. That's a pretty decent list of youth players that have received game time lately. The problem is players like Pogba, who showed flashes of brilliance, but then thought he was automatically going to be taking up a Scholes position. It's not that easy. Youth Academy players need to understand that. I'd 8-2 have to remind fans of what United did to Arsenal last season when Arsenal fielded a lot of youth due to injuries and lack of spending.

9/10 the reason why these kids leave the academy is because there's more money being offered by other clubs. That's all it is.

Look at tomorrow's starting line up for United for a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE match:

United: De Gea, Lindegaard; Büttner, Evans, Evra, Ferdinand, M.Keane, Rafael, Wootton; Anderson, Cleverley, Fletcher, Lingard, Nani, Powell, Tunnicliffe; Hernandez, Kagawa, Rooney, van Persie, Welbeck.

Look at how many players are either youth or directly from the academy. There are definitely chances for the youth to get involved. They just need to be patient.

SAF, is also leaving behind a decent team of players to create a solid base for the next manager.

here he goes again with the rotation...
how you not gonna play your best passers in the team for an important CL away match... :smh:

Because truth be told, it's not exactly the group of death. United can technically lose the match, and still go on to win the group.

It's important to give some of these guys a chance especially the likes of Powell a chance at CL football, so they know what it takes to perform under pressure.

They played well together in the Captial One cup against Newcastle without Scholes and Giggs, and this is an opportunity to build on that form.

Because truth be told, it's not exactly the group of death. United can technically lose the match, and still go on to win the group.
It's important to give some of these guys a chance especially the likes of Powell a chance at CL football, so they know what it takes to perform under pressure.
They played well together in the Captial One cup against Newcastle without Scholes and Giggs, and this is an opportunity to build on that form.

that's what everyone said last season...:lol:

i hear you though...it's a long,long season and some of the younger players deserve a chance to play...
Fletch and Ando did well against Newcastle with the former playing in a new role just in front of the back four...
i see that same pairing to hold the fort against Cluj with Kagawa,Rooney and RvP as United's attacking trident...

United's defence need to get it right though... >:

De Gea is the future keeper for Manchester United, Schmeichel had even come out and said it and Schmeichel is one of if not the best keeper they've ever had. He just needs time, his first year in Atletico de Madrid he won the Europa league. Heck if it weren't for his age and Valdez or Reyna, he'd of been at the WC 2010. He was on the list but was cut shortly before te WC started. De Gea is a great keeper, just watch him grow. I've seen him in Atletico and he's never disappointed. He's the next if not better than Casillas

Back
Top Bottom