The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

United must know of either Cesc's willingness to leave or Barca's willingness to sell, why else would we continue to bid for an unattainable player. Could end up like Thiago Silva with Milan, he didnt wanna leave but the club couldnt refuse the money. Ionno, doesnt make sense to publicly chase a player, if you dont think you will be able to sign him. Especially after the last couple misses and the bitterness it left with us supporters. Cant see Moyes wanting to start his time with us as a manager who couldn’t deliver... so weird seeing us with a manager who publically talks so opening about transfers.

Yeah someone is giving United encouragement from somewhere, I don't like these 'in the know' types, But a SkySportsNews journalist was saying that Cesc's agent has been leaking them information and that is how they are getting the breaking stories in relation to him and United

Could be them trying to force Barca into giving him a pay raise as well.. i know he signed a lower contract just to force through his move to Barca. Hope hes not using us to improve his current situation.

laugh.gif
 United... 
mean.gif
  30 seconds. 
laugh.gif

Yokohama with the equalizer, header no less... The Brazilians are playing well for Yokohama...

Last edited:
LyonBC1: Is this why you mentioned Parker before?
@twelfthyank Was reading through ESPNFC's transfer blog just now and found this. Are you seeing what I'm seeing?!
BPz187XCMAQuDmo.jpg:large

For those who want to follow the U-18 team who will be playing in the Milk Cup, the roster was released earlier today

GOALKEEPERS (2): Santiago Castaño (New York Red Bulls; Union City), Ethan Horvath (Molde FK; Highlands Ranch, Colo.)

DEFENDERS (6): Jordan Allen (Empire Revolution; Rochester, N.Y.), Michael Amick (De Anza Force; Sunnyvale, Calif.), Trevor Haberkorn (Furman; Roanoke, Texas), Matthew Miazga (New York Red Bulls; Clifton, N.J.), Shaquell Moore (Unattached; Powder Springs, Ga.), John Requejo Jr. (Real So Cal; Carpinteria, Calif.)

MIDFIELDERS (3): Brian Iloski (LA Galaxy; Escondido, Calif.), Jacori Hayes (Wake Forest; Bowie, Md.), Christopher Lema (New York Red Bulls; Ridgefield, N.J.)

FORWARDS (7): Lynden Gooch (Sunderland; Santa Cruz, Calif.), Piakai Henkel (Unattached; Arcata, Calif.), Alex Muyl (New York Red Bulls; New York, N.Y.), Amando Moreno (New York Red Bulls; Morganville, N.J.), Andrija Novakovich (Chicago Magic PSG; Muskego, Wis.), Rubio Rubin (Unattached; Beaverton, Ore.), Ahinga Selemani (CSA Wolves; Ann Arbor, Mich.)

Nice to see some RBNY kids getting called up. I can't help but to feel concerned by the lack of kids from MLS clubs.
Piakai Henkel was at PSG, looks like he left. I wonder what he reasoning was and where he's headed

Yep, that's the same report I saw haha Klinsy is scheming :lol:

I really don't think united get Cesc but mannnnnn I will be HEATED if Arsenal let him go to Old Trafford smh piers Morgan's response will be legendary though :rofl:

Last edited:
mean.gif
 Sloppy United.

Moyes looks like he's about to blow a gasket... or maybe that's just how he looks... 

United must know of either Cesc's willingness to leave or Barca's willingness to sell, why else would we continue to bid for an unattainable player. Could end up like Thiago Silva with Milan, he didnt wanna leave but the club couldnt refuse the money. Ionno, doesnt make sense to publicly chase a player, if you dont think you will be able to sign him. Especially after the last couple misses and the bitterness it left with us supporters. Cant see Moyes wanting to start his time with us as a manager who couldn’t deliver... so weird seeing us with a manager who publically talks so opening about transfers.

I don't understand this either.

I'm thinking either Moyes and co know something we don't.

Or, Moyes is trying to look like he's growing the squad with big names, and then just signs Baines and Fellaini for cheaper. United's debt situation is still ugly, and without the insane quality of SAF on the touchline to keep winning and helping pay down that debt, the club might be thinking of ways to lower future wage bills etc. So this Fabregas situation may just be another smoke screen to try and please fans, when really they have no intention of buying.

This pretty much sums it up....

"So let's recap our transfer activity so far:
Signed Varela.

Chased Thiago and lost him.

Bid for Baines who is not for sale.
Bid again for Baines who is not for sale.

Chasing Garay.

Made bid for Bale who is not for sale.

Bid for Fabregas who is not for sale.
Bid again for Fabregas who is not for sale.

United scouts have obviously ruled out talents like Eriksen, Bender brothers etc. who are available, and some reaching end of contract. They'd rather chase players that clubs are desperate to keep.

This means they are not too interested in signing anybody, and are quite happy to go this season without a major addition to the squad. We should be prepared for that too."

Last edited:
West Ham's potential new home....

From Upton Park (35k seater) to the Olympic Stadium (80k seater)

Last edited:
What's this Falcao fake age story I'm hearing about? :nerd:

Monaco's £53 million signing Radamel Falcao probably thought he was having a pretty bad day on Monday when his debut for his new club ended in farce.

The former Atletico Madrid hotshot was booked for a string of rash challenges in the friendly against Augsburg, kicked the ball into the crowd in fury, and was hauled off at half-time by manager Claudio Ranieri.

But if he thought it couldn't get much worse, he was wrong. At the same time as he was on the pitch, reports from his native Colombia emerged claiming that he has been lying about his age for years.

TV news station Noticias Uno have alleged that the former Europa League and European Supercup winner is not 27 years old, but actually 29.

Their evidence is a series of registration documents from one of his primary schools, Colegio San Pedro Claver de Bucaramanga, which show that the striker was born on February 10 1984.

The star's FIFA registration states that he was born on the same date two years later, in 1986.

The school also has a photo of the youngster from his first year at the school in 1989, showing a boy who very easily could be Falcao, but who is clearly around five years old rather than three.

If the story is verified, Monaco's purchase - the seventh-biggest transfer deal of all time - is for a player who has just a few years left of his career, rather than one who could be expected to be at his peak for three or more years.

In addition, the sell-on value of a man who scored 34 goals in 41 matches last season will be instantly slashed: Monaco would be lucky to get half what they paid for him just a few weeks ago.

Neither Falcao nor Monaco have yet responded to the claims, but with so much money at stake (not to mention a fair bit of pride - nobody likes being duped) we're fairly sure the lawyers will be on the case already trying to figure out what's what.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/53m-man-falcao-accused-lying-age-093037573.html

From the article that DLo posted, any additional info around this paragraph:

Sixth-placed Malaga are in the hands of Sheikh Abdullah al-Thani. He spent €40m on new signings when he arrived in 2011, promising to build a new training complex. But the grass grows high on the proposed site, Malaga are banned from European football and the best players are sold off while others seek legal advice over unpaid wages.

:nerd:

I like Arsenal's signing of Bernard. He's a superb passer & very attack minded. Has the control of the ball as you'd expect from a top flight Brazilian. Can also play through the middle. The only thing is that he's a little guy (listed at 5'4")

Last edited:
I can't believe West Ham will even be able to fit 80k people, wow.

As for Falcao's age, I bet Porto knew this. They almost had to since they have so many connections in a South America.

Back
Top Bottom