The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

John Terry was officially charged by the FA today. My guess is, because he's John Terry nothing will happen though.

Last edited:
Seattle Sounders have traded Designated Player Alvaro Fernandez to the Chicago Fire in exchange for allocation money.

Seems Arsenal will in fact get Sahin, not sure what the terms are, going to really help solidify their midfield.

Everton finally finished the Pienaar transfer.

• Juventus have ended their interest in trying to sign Arsenal striker Robin van Persie, who is also a target for Manchester City and Manchester United.
  • Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho has intervened to help the Spanish club sign playmaker Luka Modric from Tottenham.
  • Spurs are considering a move for Swansea midfielder Joe Allen, who is thought to have a buy-out clause of £10m if any club other than Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal or the two Manchester sides bid.
  • Manchester United are set to make a last-ditch attempt to sign Brazilian midfielder Lucas Moura from Sao Paulo.
  • United are also considering Fulham's Moussa Dembele, with the Cottagers, who bizarrely signed a teenage striker also called Moussa Dembele from Paris St Germain this week, likely to demand at least £15m for the 25-year-old Belgian.
  • Arsenal will have to pay at least £20m if they want to prise playmaker Santi Cazorla from Malaga.
  • The Gunners, however, are close to landing Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin on a season-long loan.
  • Liverpool and Arsenal face competition from Lyon if they are interested in signing defender Mamadou Sakho from Paris St Germain.
  • Villarreal's relegation could see them lose former Manchester United striker Giuseppe Rossi, who is currently out injured with a knee ligament injury.
  • West Ham are set to beat Wigan to the signing of Real Mallorca defender Ivan Ramis.
  • Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert has reignited his pursuit of Feyenoord defender Ron Vlaar, 27, and is poised to complete a £3.2m signing in a three-year deal early next week.
  • Watford boss Gianfranco Zola wants to add QPR striker DJ Campbell to his ranks to help his side challenge for promotion from the Championship.
  • Blackburn boss Steve Kean wants to make up for the disappointment of losing Junior Hoillett by signing striker Simon Cox from West Brom and Fulham defender Aaron Hughes.
  • Rovers have ended their interest in Portuguese midfielder Adrien Silva after Sporting Lisbon turned down their £750,000 bid for him.
  • Southampton are monitoring Cameroon defender Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik, 23, who currently plays for Rennes.

I went to the Montpellier vs Lyon game today at Red Bull Arena. The first half was pretty uneventful even though there were two goals. Montpellier played much better football IMO for the majority of the game but then one of their players made a rash challenge and got sent off. The last fifteen minutes of the game were incredibly exciting with Montpellier attacking even though they were down a man. Lyon squandered like four easy chances including one that was basically an open net. It ended 2-2 and then Lyon won in PKs.

OMG is anyone watching this girl sing the anthem before this Red Bulls - FC Dallas game? Tears are shedding LMAO

I went to the Montpellier vs Lyon game today at Red Bull Arena. The first half was pretty uneventful even though there were two goals. Montpellier played much better football IMO for the majority of the game but then one of their players made a rash challenge and got sent off. The last fifteen minutes of the game were incredibly exciting with Montpellier attacking even though they were down a man. Lyon squandered like four easy chances including one that was basically an open net. It ended 2-2 and then Lyon won in PKs.

I watched the game, the atmosphere didn't look great the first half.
I'm looking forward to see more of Benzia, has a lot of potential. The commentators were saying he could be the next Benzema, it was said a couple of times actually.

:rofl:

Also, Frank Songo'o is in ******g beastmode tonight.

Last edited:
The little girl took foreeeever to sing the anthem, not to mention the actual singing :lol:

Good effort to pressure FC Dallas early on and throughout the game. Good road win by LA.

God I cant stand some of the guys on the Timbers. Erik Alexander need to never put on a jersey ever again. Steven Smith too. At least he didnt get his **** broken tonight; he just ruined the last chance we had to tie by booting it straight to the keeper from our 30. God dammit. I hate this ****. We need to just wipe everything clean and start anew, save for Songo'o, Nagbe, Alhassan and now Richards who's looking promising. Oh and Perkins, he's the only good thing in our backfield.

Reports saying Wilshere out until October. Feel sorry for him. I hope he can come back from this.
Yeah, just read that. Terrible news, that's going to be more than a year on the sidelines and it's going to take him a while before he's back to his best. Cazorla deal should be completed soon and maybe Sahin as well, so we will have some cover in midfield. If Diaby stays fit, he is another option too but I wouldn't count on him.

Back
Top Bottom