The Utah Jazz are starting to scare the...

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by liveabovemediocrity, Feb 26, 2009.

1. liveabovemediocrity

liveabovemediocrity

Crap out of me...

As a die-hard Spurs fan, I can already start seeing the doom in the 2nd round. Granted, we are a 4 time championship team, but the Jazz with a healthy Boozerand a much deeper team (CJ Price, Harpring, Almond, and Korver) than before and the 2nd or 3rd best coach in basketball, are dangerous. Plus, don't forgettheir owner Larry Miller just died. They've won 6 in a row and are going to catch Portland atleast who is now struggling if they dont catch Denver for theNW Division title.

So, we will avoid them in the first round, but the 2nd round I can really see us facing off against Utah. We will be the 2 seed and they will be the 6th or 7thseed at worst. I can even see them sneaking in to the 4th or 5th slot possibly which isn't out of the question and I hope so we can avoid them and have aneasy road to WCF.

So my question is, despite their recent trouble getting over the hump in the last few years (vs Lakers 2nd round, Spurs WCF), can you possibly see the Jazzcoming out of the West? A Boozer v Cleveland possible storyline?

2. dland24

dland24

I still dont think the Cavs beat the Celtics if Boston is healthy.

3. yungmatt

yungmatt

If they could play the entire playoffs at home I would pick them to win the title [​IMG]

But yeah, they are ballin right now. Theyll be trouble for any team in the west besides LA

4. liveabovemediocrity

liveabovemediocrity

Dland...I don't even think the additions of Moore or Marbury will make that much of a difference. I actually think Moore is more of a help. But, Idon't think you can disagree that if Clev has home-court, its pretty much a wrap. Boston can't win on the road and don't tell me beating a loserfilled Detroit team in Game 6 means something

5. liveabovemediocrity

liveabovemediocrity

Playing in Utah is damn near impossible. That stadium is built to scare the hell out of players. You feel like they are falling on you in there.

6. i nasmatic i

i nasmatic i

If they could play better on the road and improve their interior defense I could see them getting to the Finals.

7. bigmike23

bigmike23

and these idiot laker fans at work think it will be a cake walk if they play them in the 1st round[​IMG]

8. liveabovemediocrity

liveabovemediocrity

That interior defense is atrocious. But what do you expect with a center who all he cares about is shooting 3's. If they got a shot-blocking big,they'd be a serious force. Millsap and Boozer should be in there the last 5 minutes of games on defensive situations. I think its a 5 team league (Orlandois a joke). Utah, Spurs, Lakers, Celtics, and Lakers. New Orleans and Orlando in the next tier and everyone else is a pretender.

9. i nasmatic i

i nasmatic i

Boozer is a liability on defense too and it's why AK47 will be important for their run since he is the only consistent shot blocker on the team.

10. kiddin like jason

kiddin like jason

Denver?

11. liveabovemediocrity

liveabovemediocrity

Denver is gar-ba-gio. Carmelo will toil his career away with 1st round losses.

12. airwing03

airwing03

LA could still beat the Jazz with home court. other than the Lakers, they could give any other team 2-8 trouble-discluding them

13. yungmatt

yungmatt

Fugazi.... Melo still wont have a 1st round win after this season.

I also see Utah winning that division

14. dr funk 13

dr funk 13

should be another great playoff this summer

15. starbury03

starbury03

I want Denver to be good, I really do. But they never seem to be able to get it together when it counts. Utah on the other hand...are lookingsolid. Deron is just [​IMG][​IMG]

16. ce0 mal

ce0 mal

17. goldmember

goldmember

You really dont want Orlando in it dont you? lol

18. liveabovemediocrity

liveabovemediocrity

Lol you caught me on that one goldmember. I meant Cavs...as for CEOMA...c'mon man that's the regular season. Just because GS did the same thing toDallas two years back doesn't mean Orlando will if given the opportunity in the Finals. Dwight Howard needs to develop some sort of offensive arsenal andlearn not how to be rendered useless by good defensive teams ala Boston this season. Is Howard a beast? Of course. But his offensive game is as minimal asOden's at this point. But being the 2 or 3 seed in the 2nd round against Boston means Boston in 6 and season over.

19. enrique23

enrique23

if theyre healthy, i still cant see them beating a helathy spurs team

20. japanair21

japanair21

Lakers are coming out of the West unless the Spurs pull one out.

The East is in the air. Don't sleep on Orlando, especially with Rafer. I can legitimately see Orlando, Cavs or Boston making it out.

21. darth dnzy

darth dnzy

--I will agree. Utah is dangerous. Especially in Utah. If they had homecourt advantage, the title is theirs. Maybe. >chuckle<<br /> --I aint scaredof Utah or the Spurs. Lakers will knock em both out. Quote me.

22. DownByLaw

DownByLaw

What do any of your past victories have to do with this season? [​IMG]

23. airwing03

airwing03

more of the last two than anything gives them the advantage of having been there before..experience pays off my friend.

24. copped

copped

i aint skurreddd...i want them in the first round...

25. parada45

parada45

Yea I agree Utah is looking good right now.