The Walking Dead - Official Thread

I hear Maggie is next.

That's gonna be a wrap for me lol
not possible. they set it up so she'll stick around. just like the comics theyre setting it up so shes damn near independent of ricks main group as the head of the hilltop. not only that, but to kill glen last season then make everyone root for her as the strong survivor, then kill her this season? the backlash would be SEVERE. but the plot hole it would leave would be trash too. theyve been setting her up as the lead for hilltop since the hilltop was introduced. shes also preggo. they gonna kill her unborn baby as well? to put who, jesus in charge? there would be 0 likeable females left in the cast except for michonne. nah maggie is safe.

^ There’s speculation that she *may* leave because she’s the lead in another show supposedly coming out this year. Then again, Danai was heavy in BP and she managed to do both. Guess we’ll see.

It’d be funny if she left and they just subbed someone else in to continue her story, word to Aunt Viv. I’d really be done then. :lol:

Iffy situation. I hope they work that out.

"
The best drama on The Walking Dead is what’s happening behind the scenes.

Lauren Cohan, who plays forever-pregnant Maggie, doesn’t have a contract for season nine, but she does have an ABC drama pilot, Whiskey Cavalier (where she plays the wonderfully named Francesca “Frankie” Trowbridge). It’s usually a bad sign when an actor books a lead role on another show, but Walking Dead showrunner Scott M. Gimple is still hopeful a deal can be reached.

“We’re talking and figuring it out,” he said about Cohan’s contract negotiations. “These things do happen. We’ve had people do other shows and other gigantic movies that take America by storm. We’re figuring it out with each other and trying to let people be able to do other things and stick around. I shan’t even entertain the thought.” Gimple added, “We’re talking; I’m pretty positive. We’re figuring it out. The timing could work well, so all good.”

Other Walking Dead cast members have found enough time in their shooting schedules for other parts, like Danai Gurira with Black Panther, but this situation is different. Cohan reportedly isn’t happy with her salary — she’s “not seeking salary parity with male leads Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus, [but] insiders suggest that she was not trying to use the pilot casting process to force AMC’s hand as the actress’ camp remains frustrated by AMC’s ‘lowball’ offers.” Now that the show’s hat and pudding budget is all but non-existent, maybe producers can use that money to keep Cohan?"

Maggie has been cringeworthy in a lead role in walking dead.. anyone notice her accent leaks out at times ? it's like she's not even trying to cover it up at some scenes

Already? 20mins in and there was walker action and complaining already. Never understood hate watching a show. That’s an hr wasted play video games something

Last edited:
Rick and Negan talking about Carl :lol:

Two-Dads-feature-1.jpg

my-two-dads

That was a pretty good ep, but damn it man, Rick forever just stepped out the shower, Michonne not a bead of sweat on her. :lol:

They makin Negan look sympathetic, even almost "the hero" with his dialogue. Even caring about Coral.

Rick is a glutton for punishment :smh:

Dude still trying to deal with those trash people :lol:

1st meeting- he gets pushed into a pit and has to fight some boss level super walker

2nd meeting- he gives them a bunch of guns

3rd meeting- the Scavengers turn on Rick and his group and he even gets shot by Jadis

4th meeting- Rick goes back to the dump and gets taken prisoner

5th meeting- Jadis and the Scavengers leave Rick to fight the Saviors alone

6th meeting- Rick and Michonne get trapped in the dump filled with walkers

They've written this character into a compete idiot :smh: :rofl:

crazy how after all this time one reply will say it was the worst episode ever, the very next one will call it the greatest

crazy how after all this time one reply will say it was the worst episode ever, the very next one will call it the greatest

It's not that crazy, it's all opinion. I've been watching this show since the beginning and for the last couple of seasons it feels like the show has been walking in place. The excitement it gave us in the beginning is waning a little bit because they keep running into the same types of problems with other groups and instead of finding interesting ways to tell the story, it gets drawn out and formulaic. The long breaks this show takes from December to February does it no favors at all. On top of that, they introduce a good story line with a character, then take 4-5 episodes to come back to that storyline and at that point you lose interest because you can't remember where it left off and they almost have to start over to get you engaged in that particular story with the character. It's annoying at this point.

I thought last night episode was very good. Really one of the best episodes in a long time.

I'm actually looking forward to what's going happen now for the rest of the season.

My girl was wondering why Rick was going back to the trash people but he said to Michonne that they had their guns and it belonged to Ricks group so I think he was going back to retrieve his weapons to arm his people.

I think he is going to go back for the trash lady and they will work together to take down Negan. The little girl and the tall gay dude will get the lesbian tribe girl group to help them out too with the war.

I noticed that Negan said to that guy when they were talking about the trash people they provide bullets and ammunition. I then remember that same mustache guy when he went back to the trash people he was asking what the place was before the zombie thing started and there was a heli-pad there. So maybe it was a army base or something prior to everything happening.

Agreed episode was one of the best ones of the season. It’s good Aaron and Enid episode wasn’t just them like it could of been

I thought last night episode was very good. Really one of the best episodes in a long time.

I'm actually looking forward to what's going happen now for the rest of the season.

My girl was wondering why Rick was going back to the trash people but he said to Michonne that they had their guns and it belonged to Ricks group so I think he was going back to retrieve his weapons to arm his people.

I think he is going to go back for the trash lady and they will work together to take down Negan. The little girl and the tall gay dude will get the lesbian tribe girl group to help them out too with the war.

I noticed that Negan said to that guy when they were talking about the trash people they provide bullets and ammunition. I then remember that same mustache guy when he went back to the trash people he was asking what the place was before the zombie thing started and there was a heli-pad there. So maybe it was a army base or something prior to everything happening.

Turned out to be a wasted trip. Simon (the mustache guy) went to the trash people, took all the guns and killed everyone except Jadis. Rick basically left her to fend for herself because of their history (not that I blame him). Simon messed up by killing all of them. I wonder how Negan is going to feel when he finds out what he did. He specifically told him NOT to kill everyone, just a couple. He proved his point then went overboard. If anything, it's that thinking that will break the saviors. They need to explore the fracture between Simon/Negan more. Clearly there is some underlying disagreement.

Looks like next episode will be good too, I was waiting for there to be friction inside of negans camp.

Turned out to be a wasted trip. Simon (the mustache guy) went to the trash people, took all the guns and killed everyone except Jadis. Rick basically left her to fend for herself because of their history (not that I blame him). Simon messed up by killing all of them. I wonder how Negan is going to feel when he finds out what he did. He specifically told him NOT to kill everyone, just a couple. He proved his point then went overboard. If anything, it's that thinking that will break the saviors. They need to explore the fracture between Simon/Negan more. Clearly there is some underlying disagreement.

yea but did u catch what negan said about the trash people? simon and negan about to come to a head very soon. Simon asked if he should go back and finish off the job cuz the dude at the kingdom wasn't answering (cuz hes dead) and negan said theres no need we already sent a team over there. so negan already didnt trust simon and sent a second team to double check. soon as they see everyone is dead its over. negan may be a cold dude but hes methodical. every cruel thing he does has a purpose, its never just a power trip which simon just went on. i love how theyre starting to delve into that this season with negan.

Episode was better. And Michonne putting herself at risk to turn off that fire was stupid. I don't feel bad for these characters anymore if they die doing stupid ****.

Back
Top Bottom