The Walking Dead - Official Thread

Chris Hardwick Pulled From AMC Show, San Diego Comic-Con

NBC, which is home to the game show 'The Wall,' which Hardwick hosts, also said Saturday in a statement to THR that it is still assessing the situation.

AMC has pulled Chris Hardwick's talk show after an allegation of sexual assault from his ex-girlfriend, actress Chloe Dykstra.

“We have had a positive working relationship with Chris Hardwick for many years," the network said Saturday in a statement. "We take the troubling allegations that surfaced yesterday very seriously. While we assess the situation, Talking With Chris Hardwick will not air on AMC, and Chris has decided to step aside from moderating planned AMC and BBC America panels at Comic-Con International in San Diego next month.”

The network's decision comes as Talking With Chris Hardwick was set to return on Sunday with guest Donald Glover.

NBC, which is home to the game show The Wall, which Hardwick hosts, said Saturday in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter that it is still assessing the situation. “These allegations about Chris Hardwick took us by surprise as we have had a positive working relationship with him. However, we take allegations of misconduct very seriously. Production on The Wall does not begin until September, and in the meantime we are continuing to assess the situation and will take appropriate action based on the outcome.”

AMC has been under pressure to pull Hardwick, a longtime host for the network, since Dykstra's accusations first came to light. In a lengthy essay posted late Thursday to Medium, Dykstra shared disturbing allegations from a relationship with a man who was believed to be Hardwick, accusing the individual of abuse and sexual assault. She did not name Hardwick in her post.

Still, Hardwick was swiftly scrubbed of all references from the website he co-founded, Nerdist, on Friday. Hardwick is CEO of Nerdist Industries, though the company said he had no operational involvement in recent years. Legendary Entertainment acquired Nerdist in July 2012 and said it was investigating the claims.

Hardwick addressed the allegations directly later on Friday, saying he took the day to consider how to respond. Denying the claim of sexual assault, he said, in part, "I'm devastated to read that she is now accusing me of conduct that did not occur. I was blindsided by her post and always wanted the best for her. As a husband, a son, and future father, I do not condone any kind of mistreatment of women."

Hardwick had already been announced to moderate a Doctor Who panel for BBC America at the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con and continues to have an overall deal at AMC, where he hosts the Walking Dead post-show, Talking Dead, among other aftershows. Fear the Walking Dead just wrapped its midseason run, and won’t return until October.

THE PUNISHER Star Jon Bernthal Will Returns As Shane For THE WALKING DEAD Season 9

The Punisher
star Jon Bernthal was recently spotted hanging out with some old friends near the set of The Walking Dead, which led to speculation that his long-dead character Shane would be making a comeback.

We still don't know exactly how that's going to be achieved, but TV Line has now confirmed that we will indeed be seeing Mr. Walsh again. Shane was killed-off back in season 2 when his obsession with moving in on Rick's family was taken to dangerous levels, forcing Rick to put his former friend down.

THE PUNISHER Star Jon Bernthal Will Returns As Shane For THE WALKING DEAD Season 9

The Punisher
star Jon Bernthal was recently spotted hanging out with some old friends near the set of The Walking Dead, which led to speculation that his long-dead character Shane would be making a comeback.

We still don't know exactly how that's going to be achieved, but TV Line has now confirmed that we will indeed be seeing Mr. Walsh again. Shane was killed-off back in season 2 when his obsession with moving in on Rick's family was taken to dangerous levels, forcing Rick to put his former friend down.

Flashback.

DESPERATE!!!!!!! :lol:

Put this show in rice. It’s over.

In all reality, they should’ve never killed off Shane. IDC what the comic did—he was gold on TV.

Shane had to die. That’s what gave us that epic Rick speech at the end of season 2. Only back for one episode so it’s obviously a flashback or hallucination. Where is Dale, Hershel if Rick is going out?

Catching up in here now.

So to recap:

-Rick gone.

-Maggie gone.

-Shane byke.

200.gif

Interested in seeing how they off Rick.

Whoever made the decision to kill Carl like

200.gif

Still need to catch up from last season.

But yeah, if Rick and Maggie are out...It's time to end the show.

And from all recap episodes I've read, it doesn't seem the show has been getting better.

Still bitter about Glenn lol.

Rick wakes out of comma and Shane is there to tell him he been out for a year. Walking Dead characters are workers around the hospital. Maggie is a doctor, Glen a janitor etc... people are going to be pisssssed

Rick wakes out of comma and Shane is there to tell him he been out for a year. Walking Dead characters are workers around the hospital. Maggie is a doctor, Glen a janitor etc... people are going to be pisssssed
Holy crap if that's the ending of the show.

Not sure how much say Kirkman has, but there's no way he'd let them pull that kind of BS, right?

Not sure how much say Kirkman has, but there's no way he'd let them pull that kind of BS, right?
Well, he did lie to Image about the origin of the Walking Dead storyline, in order to get it published.

So I wouldn't put it past him? lol

Well, he did lie to Image about the origin of the Walking Dead storyline, in order to get it published.

So I wouldn't put it past him? lol

Was it the Aliens thing? It's been so long since I've kept up with the show that I've forgotten a lot but I'll definitely be back for the final season, just because:lol:

I don't really see anything that contradicts any claims she made about him or anything that contradicts the claims of the people he worked with.

i don't know, he sounded pretty supportive and she seemed to want him back, even a few months later

i know some who were abused come back to their abusers but it seems to contradict everything he did to her the way she wants to just be "friends" again

probably depends how you translate it but sounds more like a jealous ex who sees dude as happily married but gon' need more details

The Punisher

It confirmed that next season is Andrew Lincoln's last? May as well wrap the series up

seems to me that shane coming back will be to signal ricks death. to show hes losing it and finally gives in this time. remember he was going crazy seeing laury everywhere before. i think this time shane comes back as a "its ok... youve done enough. time to give up" kinda spirit.

nope. cant happen. cuz then it would totally invalidate fear the walking dead as a spinoff of a dream. no way.

Catching up in here now.
-Maggie gone.

Whoever made the decision to kill Carl like

200.gif

woah woah where yall seeing that maggie is gone? and BIGGGGGGGGGGGGG facts on whichever idiot decided to get rid of carl like that.... and then lose the only other characters who couldve carried the show besides him

Finally caught up on FTWD.

Why tf did they just not move the car when all those walkers were released? That **** hella pissed me off.

Back
Top Bottom