THE WALKING DEAD -- vaya con dios

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Originally Posted by TSX24

Originally Posted by big1236

if we read and enjoyed the comics, will we enjoy the book?

update on season 3:

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2012/02/david-morrissey-cast-as-the-governor.php
Read the book, it's awesome i burned through it and the ending is 
eek.gif

The governor is suppose to be mexican. He doesn't look mexican at all 
laugh.gif
Is there a difference between the book and comics?
From what I understand (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) the book is a side book apart from the comics detailing The Governor's rise to power. In the comics he's already in control and if you seen the hold and how evil things are in that town there is an interesting story to how it got that way so I guess Kirkman wrote or okay'd the writing of a backstory.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Originally Posted by TSX24

Originally Posted by big1236

if we read and enjoyed the comics, will we enjoy the book?

update on season 3:

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2012/02/david-morrissey-cast-as-the-governor.php
Read the book, it's awesome i burned through it and the ending is 
eek.gif

The governor is suppose to be mexican. He doesn't look mexican at all 
laugh.gif
Is there a difference between the book and comics?
From what I understand (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) the book is a side book apart from the comics detailing The Governor's rise to power. In the comics he's already in control and if you seen the hold and how evil things are in that town there is an interesting story to how it got that way so I guess Kirkman wrote or okay'd the writing of a backstory.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by ethanlee29

those two guards might've had something to do with the comics. don't read if you don't wanna know
Spoiler [+]
all the living are already infected, so they come back as walkers even if they died in a way unrelated to a walker bite. this might've been what jenner whispered to rick at the CDC
   That's right.

Spoiler [+]
In the comics even if you weren't bitten, when you die you come back as a zombie. A la when Shane came back as a zombie after getting killed when Carl shot him. 
Damn this is where watching the show and reading the comics have me confused. I thought this was already established in the show.

Spoiler [+]
Has any character on the show thus far had a non-zombie related death? I don't remember any. If that's the case they wouldn't know that people can come back as zombies no matter how they die.

For the dude that asked about the difference between the Governor book and the comics, the book focuses solely on his origin and how he rose to power, while the comics deal with every character on a much broader scope. Y'all got me itching to read the book bad too, it's been on my Amazon Saved for later list for a while now. BTW no me gusta the casting of the Governor for the show.

those two guards might've had something to do with the comics. don't read if you don't wanna know
Spoiler [+]
all the living are already infected, so they come back as walkers even if they died in a way unrelated to a walker bite. this might've been what jenner whispered to rick at the CDC
   That's right.

Spoiler [+]
In the comics even if you weren't bitten, when you die you come back as a zombie. A la when Shane came back as a zombie after getting killed when Carl shot him. 
Damn this is where watching the show and reading the comics have me confused. I thought this was already established in the show.

Spoiler [+]
Has any character on the show thus far had a non-zombie related death? I don't remember any. If that's the case they wouldn't know that people can come back as zombies no matter how they die.

For the dude that asked about the difference between the Governor book and the comics, the book focuses solely on his origin and how he rose to power, while the comics deal with every character on a much broader scope. Y'all got me itching to read the book bad too, it's been on my Amazon Saved for later list for a while now. BTW no me gusta the casting of the Governor for the show.

Spoiler [+]
   That's right.

Spoiler [+]

But if this is true how come those two guys Rick shot in the bar stayed "dead" ? 

Spoiler [+]
   That's right.

Spoiler [+]

But if this is true how come those two guys Rick shot in the bar stayed "dead" ? 

Originally Posted by LilSciurid08

That's right.

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
my guess is that it takes a while for them to come back

That's right.

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]

I thought he shot dudes in the head?

Spoiler [+]

I thought he shot dudes in the head?

The dudes in the bar got shot in the head. 1st guy in the head and fat guy got shot in the head after the first shot to the gut. Now you can argue Rick knew or was just making sure the guy was dead.

The dudes in the bar got shot in the head. 1st guy in the head and fat guy got shot in the head after the first shot to the gut. Now you can argue Rick knew or was just making sure the guy was dead.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Damn, now I'm anxious to see if they're going anywhere with that field walker.

....i was seriously waiting for them to do a closeup of the walker (Otis) with Shane and Rick driving off in the distance. but thats just me being a faithful watcher of The Wire. they hardly ever showed you something for nothing. it was probably nothing, just some random walker.

Originally Posted by Mister916

Damn, now I'm anxious to see if they're going anywhere with that field walker.

....i was seriously waiting for them to do a closeup of the walker (Otis) with Shane and Rick driving off in the distance. but thats just me being a faithful watcher of The Wire. they hardly ever showed you something for nothing. it was probably nothing, just some random walker.

Thought the walker in the field was just a symbol for Shane being alone and just the state of things in this world as far as the argument he had with Rick about the rules and being able to protect his family.

If yall watched the Talking Dead, the walker in the field is just a stunt guy on the show he also played the walker with the huge jaw that attacked Rick that episode. He's a tall skinny dude. It'd be too weird if they tried to flip that walker in to being Otis. I mean how much fat did those zombies eat off him? Lets not forget Shane shot Otis in the legs, so he couldn't be able to stand up straight after being turned.

After saying walker so much it did strike me as weird. It'd be funny if a character named Walker showed up.

Back
Top Bottom