The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Tix For The DC Show, Help A Prince Georgian Out
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by CJ863

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Because he realized he wasn't gonna get paid. Other than that, I agree.

I'm interested on what this dude can cook though
nerd.gif
When artists and producers are first starting out its rare to get paid. You're banking on the artist blowing up and then being compensated monetarily or by the promo. He jumped ship right before he blew up. You can kinda tell he knows he played himself a little.
How did he play himself though? The man didn't want to produce tracks that weren't in his lane so he bounced. I feel like Rose will have his
day, he seemed genuine about staying organic in that article which is way more than I can say for 90% of producers/entertainers these days. 
Sounded more to me like he wanted to control the direction of their projects totally and was unwilling to compromise. 

Doesn't surprise me, considering the fashion in which Abel grew to prominence.

The guy seems talented, hopefully he can hook up with some other artist and make some more dark type stuff
pimp.gif

Oh God another singer feud?? These guys constantly get their panties in a bunch.. smh

Trey, R Kelly, all of em need to relax.

But if Weeknd was responding to Tank, IDK how he's trying to say 15 minutes of fame.. that makes no sense
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at all these dudes mad a young guy doing his thing.

You can tell who's winning here by how mad these other artists and their supporters are.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

laugh.gif

You can tell who's winning here by how mad these other artists and their supporters are.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 at all these NTers, including you, who forget about respect. Abel been feeling himself WAYYYY to much as of late. He aint done nothing. He's a younger Dream without the talent. Whether you and the rest of the world starts to accept it or not..ITS FACT.
Weeknd music is good to hear but not to listen to. There's no substance. It's always about drugs and strippers with him.

I like the dude but you gotta know your history and respect the dudes who gave you the lane you're driving in.

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 at all these NTers, including you, who forget about respect. Abel been feeling himself WAYYYY to much as of late. He aint done nothing. He's a younger Dream without the talent. Whether you and the rest of the world starts to accept it or not..ITS FACT.
Weeknd music is good to hear but not to listen to. There's no substance. It's always about drugs and strippers with him.

I like the dude but you gotta know your history and respect the dudes who gave you the lane you're driving in.
The hell
laugh.gif

It's music breh.

laugh.gif
at you acting like you can say artist x>artist y

Video I recorded from last nights show,excuse the horrible sound quality on the Galaxy Nexus
laugh.gif
. The show was DOPE. This dude has really improved since his first gig ever last year. He has a bunch of confidence now and he can hit each and every note perfectly plus he was getting the crowd into it and had good stage presence. You could see that he was having fun. Now I'll need to wait till August to see him again.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The hell
laugh.gif

It's music breh.

laugh.gif
Forreal.
laugh.gif

These dudes are in here acting like their opinions are fact. Get over yourself, music is subjective. 

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The hell
laugh.gif

It's music breh.

laugh.gif
Sometimes you can say artist x > artist y.  Biggie > Nelly.  This is understood.  Can you like Nelly more?  Absolutely.  Is Nelly better than Biggie?  Absolutely not.  Dream > Weeknd.  Regardless of who someone likes better.

Nobody cares about anybodies opinion if it doesn't agree with theirs, yall wasting your time.

Originally Posted by Heshua

laugh.gif

The hell
laugh.gif

It's music breh.

laugh.gif
Sometimes you can say artist x > artist y.  Biggie > Nelly.  This is understood.  Can you like Nelly more?  Absolutely.  Is Nelly better than Biggie?  Absolutely not.  Dream > Weeknd.  Regardless of who someone likes better.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Good for you I guess

Originally Posted by awwsome

Nobody cares about anybodies opinion if it doesn't agree with theirs, yall wasting your time.

seriously tho.  just appreciate his music. either you like it or you dont. simple as that.

Originally Posted by Heshua

laugh.gif

The hell
laugh.gif

It's music breh.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
this is not one of those situations.. Biggie vs Nelly is not the same debate as Dream vs Weeknd

Dude just completely ignored the point by comparing a microwave pop rapper to one of the most celebrated artists of all-time, forget just in the hip-hop realm.

roll.gif

It was an exaggerated example to demonstrate a point. Obviously, some of you can't comprehend that or are just trying to be funny because it's NT. And actually you're right, Nelly and Biggie are both multi-platinum selling artists. The weeknd well, he doesnt even have an album out and tries to go hard on twitter and people only cared after Drake talked about him.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's funny you say The Weeknd's music has no substance when all his songs are related to each other. All three mixtapes are are one story.

Back
Top Bottom