The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 41.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.7%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by awwsome

Originally Posted by Jking0821

You guys crack me up with your musical integrity speech.
I love dudes music.  I want to go to a concert so bad, get drunk and sing along with the crowd to every word of every song and just enjoy it.  I guess it would be a different story if he was hitting notes and really belting out songs.  But dude gets up there sings the songs i love...whatever...will sing along with him.  

I go to concerts to just have fun.  I am not a music critic.  I don't go to hear him sing wicked games fully in a falsetto.  I just love the experience of being around other people that are all there because we love the same thing.     
Wait so dudes don't go to concerts to see good performances?
I understand you love dudes music, a lot of people do but if you wanna see someone sing his songs off key, you could do that in your shower.
I swear there's only extreme sides of the spectrum when it comes to anything regarding this guy
laugh.gif
You guys look into everything too much honestly.  You compared him singing his own songs to a man singing in his shower.  The man can sing we know this.  Its not going to be horrible.  He will miss some notes.  He will hit most of them.  I am not going to criticize him for every small error.  I will enjoy the whole experience.  I am not saying they could put a boombox on the stage just playing HOB and id be content paying money.  But if he isn't the greatest performer ever im not going to cry about it id still have a great time.
still can't find any tickets for the DC show under $300 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Don't know what you guys are talking about because he put on a great performance when I went on Friday. He was getting the crowd into it,dancing to make the ladies scream, his band was on point and their were videos accompanied to each song in the style of the photography we've seen attached to his songs which created a good atmosphere along with the lights and effects. He did "live" versions of his songs which were really dope. He was actually hitting each notes and even finished with an acoustic version of "Wicked Games" which was
pimp.gif
. The only time he got the crowd to sing along was "Montreal" cause it was in Montreal. He's really grown from when I saw the vids of his first performance ever. He looked nervous then but when I went he was very confident and wasn't afraid to try different things. He's grown into a pretty dope performer.

Def worth my money and I'd recommend anyone who has a chance to go to one of his shows to go because it's certainly an experience,a dope experience.

laugh.gif
you dont know what we are talking about but you reference it later in your post
nerd.gif

I'm glad to hear that he is getting more comfortable and figuring out his show...my posts and a couple of the others were clearly going off that vids that have been posted here and all over the web

thanks for the update...by the time he makes his way around here it will prob be a show worth seeing

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Don't know what you guys are talking about because he put on a great performance when I went on Friday. He was getting the crowd into it,dancing to make the ladies scream, his band was on point and their were videos accompanied to each song in the style of the photography we've seen attached to his songs which created a good atmosphere along with the lights and effects. He did "live" versions of his songs which were really dope. He was actually hitting each notes and even finished with an acoustic version of "Wicked Games" which was
pimp.gif
. The only time he got the crowd to sing along was "Montreal" cause it was in Montreal. He's really grown from when I saw the vids of his first performance ever. He looked nervous then but when I went he was very confident and wasn't afraid to try different things. He's grown into a pretty dope performer.

Def worth my money and I'd recommend anyone who has a chance to go to one of his shows to go because it's certainly an experience,a dope experience.

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

I'm glad to hear that he is getting more comfortable and figuring out his show...my posts and a couple of the others were clearly going off that vids that have been posted here and all over the web

thanks for the update...by the time he makes his way around here it will prob be a show worth seeing
I was trying to say that I don't know why you guys are saying that he's wack on stage 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

I was trying to say that I don't know why you guys are saying that he's wack on stage 
laugh.gif
exactly...cause based off them first videos he WAS wack on stage...your saying he got better...thats great news...

Originally Posted by BrotherForReal

Originally Posted by RedMan

I know that but his story is 3 mixtapes long which he could've said in 1 song
nerd.gif

I'm a fan. I enjoy his music during L.A. traffic or to get me to work.

I'm 31, so I'm big on respect. Just like I deleted anything Trey Songz when he tried to go at Kelly. Kelly was being played when all these artists were being conceived.
laugh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Please tell me that I'm not the only one vexed by this...

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

Originally Posted by RedMan
nerd.gif

I'm 31, so I'm big on respect. Just like I deleted anything Trey Songz when he tried to go at Kelly. Kelly was being played when all these artists were being conceived.
laugh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

What if Trey Songz apologized? Dude would have to go back and download all the tracks again hoping Trey doesn't go at R. Kelly again.
roll.gif

laugh.gif
exactly...cause based off them first videos he WAS wack on stage...your saying he got better...thats great news...

I went to two of his early shoes about 3 months apart and in that span of time he was already much improved.
For the length of the sets I saw, it probably wasn't worth it 
laugh.gif
 I personally didn't mind. It was clear the sets I witnessed were baby steps for him to build up for something bigger. I can't remember any moment where he was off his performances I saw. His biggest issue was comfort with the crowd. 

by the time he hits the festivals and tours, he'll kill. No question. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

What if Trey Songz apologized? Dude would have to go back and download all the tracks again hoping Trey doesn't go at R. Kelly again.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by nkwu11

laugh.gif
I went to two of his early shoes about 3 months apart and in that span of time he was already much improved.
For the length of the sets I saw, it probably wasn't worth it 
laugh.gif
 I personally didn't mind. It was clear the sets I witnessed were baby steps for him to build up for something bigger. I can't remember any moment where he was off his performances I saw. His biggest issue was comfort with the crowd. 

by the time he hits the festivals and tours, he'll kill. No question. 

I think people ate forgetting he literally has less than 20 shows under his belt lol.

Back
Top Bottom