The Wire...

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Just got through season two. Great show so far. Don't think it's the GOAT so far but I'll reserve judgment for when I've finished the series.

thats cause season 2 is the weakest of all seasons in my opinion... mainly cause of the different angle. i just wanna see some gangsta shhh not no dock worker bs
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

Just got through season two. Great show so far. Don't think it's the GOAT so far but I'll reserve judgment for when I've finished the series.

thats cause season 2 is the weakest of all seasons in my opinion... mainly cause of the different angle. i just wanna see some gangsta shhh not no dock worker bs
laugh.gif

There was a thread on how season 2 is underrated. You cant deny that after watching the entire series you had a better appreciation or season 2. It transformed the Wire from a show about drug dealers and cops trying to catch them to a show about that AND a social commentary and working class poverty.
but hey different people watch for different reasons. Maybe you do just want to watch drug deals.  

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

laugh.gif

There was a thread on how season 2 is underrated. You cant deny that after watching the entire series you had a better appreciation or season 2. It transformed the Wire from a show about drug dealers and cops trying to catch them to a show about that AND a social commentary and working class poverty.
but hey different people watch for different reasons. Maybe you do just want to watch drug deals.  

yeah i did when i was watching it for the first time. i haven't rewatched it. i DID appreciate it, hence why i watched the whole season, but i didn't see that turn of social commentary coming. goin into watching the wire (i started watching at the end of season 3 then went back), i thought it was all about the streets of bmore. then i saw that joint and was like %+@. i'm not gonna say i didn't enjoy it cause that wild lil italian dude was CRAZY but i just didn't expect that turn which imo makes it the weakest one. plus i couldn't relate to no italian dock workers
laugh.gif

I appreciated season 2 because I used to work down at the waterfront as a Longshoreman, and  some of my fam still does.  So I could relate to the storyline. 

But all in all, the entire Wire series is
pimp.gif

I still haven't checked out the Sopranos though.

i remember when the episodes used to come on OnDemand the night before, i think it was. i used to sit there and refresh OnDemand all night..
laugh.gif
the GOAT series. i haven't been as interested in any television show since.

Marlo makes the quickest cameo ever in Paid In Full. He's one of the dealers they knock off in the beginning.

laugh.gif

yeah i did when i was watching it for the first time. i haven't rewatched it. i DID appreciate it, hence why i watched the whole season, but i didn't see that turn of social commentary coming. goin into watching the wire (i started watching at the end of season 3 then went back), i thought it was all about the streets of bmore. then i saw that joint and was like %+@. i'm not gonna say i didn't enjoy it cause that wild lil italian dude was CRAZY but i just didn't expect that turn which imo makes it the weakest one. plus i couldn't relate to no italian dock workers
laugh.gif

1 they were Polish.
2.season 3 is tied for my least favorite season of the entire series because it placed too much emphasis on the streets again.  Although the angle on Bunny's crusade was interesting, and was captivating as an offset story.
3.Season 2 was thee most important season of the series because it showed what america rarely thinks about, the fact taht this isn't just an inner city problem.  Furthermore citizens of these inner cities aren't the only participators in this epidemic, that in fact they are merely "one of those little +#%**$$ on the chess board".

^^^

yeah when i was watching i wasn't analyzing it like that. i was just smacked tryin to see some stuff i could relate to to no avail lol

i dig you though

Originally Posted by Riverdale Road

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Season 4 is probably the best thing I'v ever seen from a TV show.

Agreed

yup. which is crazy because they basically just gave us new characters and the show somehow INCREASED it's quality.

Originally Posted by StreetZDreaM

Marlo makes the quickest cameo ever in Paid In Full. He's one of the dealers they knock off in the beginning.

he's in He Got Game for a quick half second too.. dude had mad tiny roles before becoming the coldest gangster ever on TV
pimp.gif

Best series of all time, the casting on this show is crazy, the writing, the progression of characters, the twists. I watched all 5 seasons over a 12 day period, I can't imagine having to wait 7 years to see it all. Such a good show.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

1 they were Polish.
2.season 3 is tied for my least favorite season of the entire series because it placed too much emphasis on the streets again.  Although the angle on Bunny's crusade was interesting, and was captivating as an offset story.
3.Season 2 was thee most important season of the series because it showed what america rarely thinks about, the fact taht this isn't just an inner city problem.  Furthermore citizens of these inner cities aren't the only participators in this epidemic, that in fact they are merely "one of those little +#%**$$ on the chess board".
THANK YOU. Finally somebody gets it.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

1 they were Polish.

*Salutes*
pimp.gif

sig check
pimp.gif
just finished watching the series for the third time through last night... seasons 1,4,5 are my favorites...but i can see the importance of 2, 3...they just werent as 'entertaining' to me...still great regardless.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Season 2 is the second best season behind Season 4 (aka, greatest season of TV in TV history). Season 2 set up everything for the last three seasons.

And name me a show that can almost completely abandon major characters (in terms of major storylines) from one season to the next, then bring all those characters back in a later season with a new storyline, and not skip a beat.

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

1 they were Polish.

*Salutes*
pimp.gif
When I first warched the series straight through, I also thought season 2 was overrated.  But after watching it again, it is up there with the other season.  I think the adrenaline of season one and watching it straight through into season two where things slow down a lot is what turn people off. 

Chris Partlow, my ideal right hand man, runner up Wee Bey.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  They both play their positions to the boss without hesitation.

Back
Top Bottom