The Wire...

Originally Posted by Don Dela Vega

Chris Partlow, my ideal right hand man, runner up Wee Bey.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  They both play their positions to the boss without hesitation.

Yeah Bey as ya right hand man with Chris handeling the muscle > your side of towns top squad anyday.

after all these years hearing about it i finally watched the show, finished all 5 seasons this week.
yall weren't lying,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

kinda mad
Spoiler [+]
how they killed off omar though

definitely one of the best tv shows ive seen

Before I watched this show everyone told me it was not only the best show on TV but probably the best ever. Usually when someone says that it gets overhyped and theres no way the show can live up to it, but it actually did. Great Show. And actually, me and two buddies who also love the show went to New York last year and randomly met Namond(I think its Julio) and Marlo(Jamie). My boy was actually scared to go up and talk to Jamie because of how ruthless his character is in the series.

Greatest show ever.

Its funny though when I tell people that are out of town I live in Baltimore, they get a scared look on their face and say "Is it just like The Wire?"

laugh.gif

My-T.

^ how do you feel when people throw random lines from the wire at you???
I'm good for that, "You want things to be one way... One Way... You Want Things To Be One Way. BUT ITS THE OTHER WAY"

HAM CITY wrote:
Don Dela Vega wrote:

Chris Partlow, my ideal right hand man, runner up Wee Bey. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  They both play their positions to the boss without hesitation.

Yeah Bey as ya right hand man with Chris handeling the muscle > your side of towns top squad anyday. 

If I had to pick an ideal squad... String would be my right hand with Chris and Bey in charge of my hitters
pimp.gif

nah man stringer was too smart for that drug dealer %*+$. plus i didn't like most of the executive decisions he made when avon was locked up. Plus stringer was so ambitious that I think eventually that would be a problem for whoever is in charge.

it's interesting though, would you want a right hand man that's smarter than you?

I actually agree with majority of the exec decisions that String made to tell the truth... Avon wasn't thinking business wise which lead to the situations they were in. String was trying to put them in a position to where they were totally insulated from that life and prosecution... He was right.

My Team:

Right Hand: String
In Charge of Muscle: Chris/Weebay
Luitenients: Monk
Corner boys: Bodie & Michael

One of my favorite shows of all-time. I was lucky enough to get the complete DVD boxset for only, 96 buck
pimp.gif

Hands down, my favorite characters are Omar, McNulty, Bunk, Marlo, Michael, Brother Mouzone, Bubbles, Prop Joe, and Clay Davis.

Season 3 is my all-time favorite, it shows the end of era, Avon and Stringer empire and start of new one, Marlo and his crew.

At first, I didn't care for Season 2, but I got newfound respect for that season...and it show how the Greeks went hardbody and they were one of Prop Joe's connect.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I actually agree with majority of the exec decisions that String made to tell the truth... Avon wasn't thinking business wise which lead to the situations they were in. String was trying to put them in a position to where they were totally insulated from that life and prosecution... He was right.

My Team:

In Charge of Muscle: Chris/Weebay
i dont like bay like that
corners - kenard & bodie

right hand - the greek

and the muscle - brother mouzone and 

sopjt0.gif

this show just felt way to real not to be considered great.
the way the show came full circle at the end was awsome

Right Hand: Spiros Vondas
In Charge of Muscle: Wee-Bey & Chris Partlow
Luitenients: Slim Charles
Corner boys: Michael & Bodie

One of my favorite shows ever. Highly appreciated. I honestly can't stand people who don't like this show
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Personally, I think The Wire is the GOAT television show. Superb writing, in depth character development and authenticity.

Plus it left no question unanswered like the Sopranos did
smh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

some of you guys in here are hilarious....

the wire is NO WHERE CLOSE TO SOPRANOS.... SOPRANOS is one of the best tv shows created EVER...

i watched the wire from pilot to last episode...it had its moments, it was good enough obviously for me to watch the whole thing...but some of you guys are getting carried away...

half you dudes probably think cam'rons movie shoulda won an oscar...

so many things that piss me off in the wire...the over-acted gangsterism is probably the most annoying...the forced 'yo-yo' gangster life is so horribly acted

then they try to balance it out with some weak greek gangsters...their attempt at trying to be soprano-@@+ in season 2 is laughable...

acting wise the wire is really bad...its because it was really low budget and most of the actors are just plainly not good

Seinfeld, curb your enthusiasm (although different genres), sopranos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the wire

having burst some y'all bubbles....

stringer, avon, and slim are probably some of my fav characters, along with mcnulty and that fat detective whose always laughing
laugh.gif

Right Hand: Marlo. Dude is ridiculously cold and calculating in how he runs his set.
In Charge of Muscle: Wee Bey
Lieutenant: Slim Charles
Brother Mouzone as contract killer.

Seymore CAKE wrote:
 My Team:

In Charge of Muscle: Chris

This would be my same squad.  You would put fear in the hearts of any crew on the street.

I'ma flip it around, just cause I know everyone loves Street %+%# and all...but if you had to make a cop lineup, who y'all choosing?

Police Commisioner: Bunny Colvin
Lieutenant's: Freeman, Daniels, Carver
Detectives:McNulty, Bunk, Kima
Dolja: Dozerman, Brown

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Right Hand: Marlo. Dude is ridiculously cold and calculating in how he runs his set.
In Charge of Muscle: Wee Bey
Lieutenant: Slim Charles
Brother Mouzone as contract killer.
pimp.gif
...I'll add Chris to the muscle, he was more level headed than Bey imo

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I'ma flip it around, just cause I know everyone loves Street %+%# and all...but if you had to make a cop lineup, who y'all choosing?

Police Commisioner: Bunny Colvin
Lieutenant's: Freeman, Daniels, Carver
Detectives:McNulty, Bunk, Kima
Dolja: Dozerman, Brown
All you need
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by copped

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Personally, I think The Wire is the GOAT television show. Superb writing, in depth character development and authenticity.

Plus it left no question unanswered like the Sopranos did
smh.gif

some of you guys in here are hilarious....

the wire is NO WHERE CLOSE TO SOPRANOS.... SOPRANOS is one of the best tv shows created EVER...

i watched the wire from pilot to last episode...it had its moments, it was good enough obviously for me to watch the whole thing...but some of you guys are getting carried away...

half you dudes probably think cam'rons movie shoulda won an oscar...

so many things that piss me off in the wire...the over-acted gangsterism is probably the most annoying...the forced 'yo-yo' gangster life is so horribly acted

then they try to balance it out with some weak greek gangsters...their attempt at trying to be soprano-@@+ in season 2 is laughable...

acting wise the wire is really bad...its because it was really low budget and most of the actors are just plainly not good

Seinfeld, curb your enthusiasm (although different genres), sopranos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the wire

having burst some y'all bubbles....

stringer, avon, and slim are probably some of my fav characters, along with mcnulty and that fat detective whose always laughing
laugh.gif

fixed

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Wait, you making Bunny Colvin Police Commisioner?

R.I.P. to your city.
Except the distict got remarkably safer after the creation of Hamsterdamn...He was the only Cop who wouldn't play the bureaucratic game, and do what he felt was necceary to make the city safer, not actually just be a puppet who took commands.

Back
Top Bottom