The year 2000 appreciation

...'00 was a great year...HS grad...enlist Army...knockin down J's cuz I had money...all the px's had J's also...could even put on layaway if u were broke that month...

didn't get into collecting until around early 03 where the heat has already passed but was able to scoop up majority of the stuff from 99-01. those years had the best quality jordans i've ever owned...not just in terms of materials but comfort as well. and contrary to popular belief they were even better quality than og's. (in fact most og's weren't even that great, and i've had og 5's and up)

i guess the newer collectors wouldn't understand but after owning and knowing jb is capable of putting out quality shoes, it's hard to get excited about any of the junk that's being put out today...for example the cg xi's look worse than some of the fake xi's that plagued ebay back then. (with the dark mj face on box with wax paper instead of the vanilla paper)

didn't get into collecting until around early 03 where the heat has already passed but was able to scoop up majority of the stuff from 99-01. those years had the best quality jordans i've ever owned...not just in terms of materials but comfort as well. and contrary to popular belief they were even better quality than og's. (in fact most og's weren't even that great, and i've had og 5's and up)

i guess the newer collectors wouldn't understand but after owning and knowing jb is capable of putting out quality shoes, it's hard to get excited about any of the junk that's being put out today...for example the cg xi's look worse than some of the fake xi's that plagued ebay back then. (with the dark mj face on box with wax paper instead of the vanilla paper)

Originally Posted by jgamel81

way to make a guy feel old. dude said he was 7 in 2000. i was fresh outta high school and deep in the shoe game. i started buying j's when i was in 7th grade. my first pair was the uni. blue/ wht 9's. smh, damn i'm old
Tell me about feeling old! I missed out on those releases those 2-3 yrs. Was saving for a diamond ring and a wedding in 2002. Now I'm gonna semi-retire again to save up for the 10th yr wedding anniversary come 2012. Gotta take her somewhere nice!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by jgamel81

way to make a guy feel old. dude said he was 7 in 2000. i was fresh outta high school and deep in the shoe game. i started buying j's when i was in 7th grade. my first pair was the uni. blue/ wht 9's. smh, damn i'm old
Tell me about feeling old! I missed out on those releases those 2-3 yrs. Was saving for a diamond ring and a wedding in 2002. Now I'm gonna semi-retire again to save up for the 10th yr wedding anniversary come 2012. Gotta take her somewhere nice!
happy.gif

Ahhh those were the days. The best shoes come out and I can't afford any of them. My foot was still growing back then too.

Ahhh those were the days. The best shoes come out and I can't afford any of them. My foot was still growing back then too.

I remember getting the Black/Red Air Jordan 1's on August 23rd 2001 for just $80 and the Black/red Air Jordan 11's on December 15, 2001 and those was $125. I was in the 9th grade in High School and I remember shoes was made waaay better then what they put out today. Now if a pair of Black/red Jordan 11's come out they would retail for $175...smh. Those was some good days .

I remember getting the Black/Red Air Jordan 1's on August 23rd 2001 for just $80 and the Black/red Air Jordan 11's on December 15, 2001 and those was $125. I was in the 9th grade in High School and I remember shoes was made waaay better then what they put out today. Now if a pair of Black/red Jordan 11's come out they would retail for $175...smh. Those was some good days .

i remember i saw dude wearing the 6's at work @ the finish line i was like dammmmn those came back out. i was sooooo excited to only find out they were sold out. lol they came out like 3 months before that ( i had no clue) and i have wanted them sooooo bad since, lol.

i just rember seeing his and the nuuck looooooked so fresh, i was droolin

i remember i saw dude wearing the 6's at work @ the finish line i was like dammmmn those came back out. i was sooooo excited to only find out they were sold out. lol they came out like 3 months before that ( i had no clue) and i have wanted them sooooo bad since, lol.

i just rember seeing his and the nuuck looooooked so fresh, i was droolin

Who cares about 2000? It's 2011.

Spoiler [+]
Btw, I was 18 in 2000. So get out of here with that "you were too young", "you weren't alive" crap.

Who cares about 2000? It's 2011.

Spoiler [+]
Btw, I was 18 in 2000. So get out of here with that "you were too young", "you weren't alive" crap.

i was in the 6th grade in 2000 moms wasnt havin that couldnt afford em BUT THOSE R CLASSICAL HEAT!

i was in the 6th grade in 2000 moms wasnt havin that couldnt afford em BUT THOSE R CLASSICAL HEAT!

Back
Top Bottom