THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ I watched the whole thing. I’m impressed with Uncle Steve said because he really seems to be listening to what his players are telling him. Doesn’t want to be referred to as the “owner” of the Clippers anymore.

Again, you can never know what guys like him really think and are doing just based on interviews, but he’s saying the right things.

I could be wrong but I thought Ballmer was trying to change being referred to as the "owner" for quite some time now. I could be wrong but I thought I heard this before this current season.

I could be wrong but I thought Ballmer was trying to change being referred to as the "owner" for quite some time now. I could be wrong but I thought I heard this before this current season.

I don’t recall having heard that about Ballmer before, but it’s possible I missed it.

I don’t think there’s one alternative term of choice. Anything other than owner. Ballmer refers to himself as “Chairman.“
not bad
im all fair getting away from that term if we can
but still they are the owners of the teams lol

not bad
im all fair getting away from that term if we can
but still they are the owners of the teams lol

I’m in agreement with that we should stop using that word. I’m sure they can come up with something that works. I mean just look at the past five years or so how many synonyms we use and the terms that are now the norm.

As long as people out of work and have free time, they’ll protest.

True, but I was more referring to what just happened in Atlanta.

And that in the last week in Southern California two black men have been found dead hanging from trees.

Awful things.

Silver and NBPA and Owners probably working hard RN to some compromise where they play but also NBA takes some initiative in terms of social reform that pleases the disgruntled

$2B revenue loss if no season from what I’ve seen

Silver and NBPA and Owners probably working hard RN to some compromise where they play but also NBA takes some initiative in terms of social reform that pleases the disgruntled

$2B revenue loss if no season from what I’ve seen

Are they working hard right now, though? As we discussed earlier, they don’t even have a complete plan in place for basketball to resume despite having ample time. They can’t possibly develop compelling social reform initiatives by the 7/1 in-market training camp date.

The schedule is so tight they can’t afford to lose any days and the clock is ticking. As it currently stands, if they can at least agree on the bubble guidelines, I see both sides reaching an agreement to resume play with underwhelming social reform elements.

Are they working hard right now, though? As we discussed earlier, they don’t even have a complete plan in place for basketball to resume despite having ample time. They can’t possibly develop compelling social reform initiatives by the 7/1 in-market training camp date.

The schedule is so tight they can’t afford to lose any days and the clock is ticking. As it currently stands, if they can at least agree on the bubble guidelines, I see both sides reaching an agreement to resume play with underwhelming social reform elements.
Ya it’s dec gonna be a compromise

butwhat Social reform can they do? Spread league salaries? Or if it’s about outside NBA is a huge donation to BLM/anti-police programs good enough?

you right tho not much can be done from here to july 31. **** from here to dec either lol

No beef but cmon bra you kinda going out sad. I would respect you more if you would just admit you were wrong. I peeped the slick disrespect and called you out on it. Was I mad? Yeah probably. Two things that trigger me the most is when someone tries to insult my intelligence or question my character...
Get your hahas tho bro :emoji_call_me:

Nah.....

:lol:

You jumped out the window. Gather yourself.

✌🏾

Ya it’s dec gonna be a compromise

butwhat Social reform can they do? Spread league salaries? Or if it’s about outside NBA is a huge donation to BLM/anti-police programs good enough?

you right tho not much can be done from here to july 31. **** from here to dec either lol

I’m honestly not sure what they can do or what the players are hoping/asking for. Also, keep in mind that July 30/31 is when they want to restart. Here are the key dates leading up to that.
  • June 15: International players return to markets
  • June 21: All players report
  • June 22: Coronavirus testing begins
  • June 30: Beginning of training camps
  • July 7: Travel to Orlando
  • July 30: Beginning of restarted 2019-20 season
Players are expected to report and begin testing a week from now. Training camp is supposed to start a week after that. But there’s still no concrete deal in place?!? The suggested timelines vs where they appear to be in negotiations seem to be very far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom