THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What coach is going to sign up for a one year shot at contending, and then unknown afterwards?

But then again there are only 30 head coaching jobs in the league.

Can probably say good-bye to Harrell and Lou.

Those were Doc's guys through and through.
That was my main problem with Doc as a coach, once he had his set players that he rocked with NOTHING was changing that :lol: ...It took him till like 2 seasons ago to actually play young players who wasn’t his son :lol: :smh:

I mean he could’ve only played Trez against Plumlee and called a few more sets when the offense bogged down but PG & Kawhi wet the bed at the end of the day. Kawhi had all the rest in the world and looked like a shell of himself.

Getting a more traditional point guard would go much farther to changing next year for them than hiring another coach. Of course they already traded everything for PG and his 21 ppg :lol:

I don’t even know what coach they’re attracting on what would basically be a 1 year deal.

I mean he could’ve only played Trez against Plumlee and called a few more sets when the offense bogged down but PG & Kawhi wet the bed at the end of the day. Kawhi had all the rest in the world and looked like a shell of himself.

Getting a more traditional point guard would go much farther to changing next year for them than hiring another coach. Of course they already traded everything for PG and his 21 ppg :lol:

I don’t even know what coach they’re attracting on what would basically be a 1 year deal.

Kawhi averaged 28, 9 and 5.5 in the playoffs this season. He only had a higher playoff scoring average last year. So, I’ll have to respectfully disagree he looked like a “shell of his former self.” He had a bad game 7 against the Nuggets, but aside from that he was very good in the playoffs.

And Doc getting fired is not just about this year‘s playoff failure, although it was the tipping point. He’s had 8 years to get the team past the second round and has never done it. And the team has choked spectacularly under him on numerous occasions in the playoffs. It’s happened too often with Doc for them not to look in another direction at this point.

These should be permanent for the lakers.. no clue why they introduced a white Jersey

the yellows.. the purples.. these.. and then the black mamba ones

Kawhi averaged 28, 9 and 5.5 in the playoffs this season. He only had a higher playoff scoring average last year. So, I’ll have to respectfully disagree he looked like a “shell of his former self.” He had a bad game 7 against the Nuggets, but aside from that he was very good in the playoffs.

And Doc getting fired is not just about this year‘s playoff failure, although it was the tipping point. He’s had 8 years to get the team past the second round and has never done it. And the team has choked spectacularly under him on numerous occasions in the playoffs. It’s happened too often with Doc for them not to look in another direction at this point.
Dallas didn’t play defense so his numbers were fine there. TWO of the 4 losses against Denver he didn’t cross 14 points. In another loss he was 3rd leading scorer in the game. Ended the series at 24 ppg, his lowest in his last 3 playoff runs., a sharp contrast from the Toronto run which earned him all of the fanfare this year.

Shell of himself is an apt description to me.

He’s supposed to be an ace scorer and defender, he was neither against Denver for a good portion of the series, coming off a ton of rest at that.

I’m not sure what Phil Jackson would be able to do there, much less Doc & whoever is available now. Lue is their top assistant, Cleveland ran a TON of iso. Kawhi showed an inability to beat his man. What’s going to change?

Dallas didn’t play defense so his numbers were fine there. TWO of the 4 losses against Denver he didn’t cross 14 points. In another loss he was 3rd leading scorer in the game. Ended the series at 24 ppg, his lowest in his last 3 playoff runs., a sharp contrast from the Toronto run which earned him all of the fanfare this year.

Shell of himself is an apt description to me.

He’s supposed to be an ace scorer and defender, he was neither against Denver for a good portion of the series, coming off a ton of rest at that.

I’m not sure what Phil Jackson would be able to do there, much less Doc & whoever is available now. Lue is their top assistant, Cleveland ran a TON of iso. Kawhi showed an inability to beat his man. What’s going to change?

Well, that’s the question isn’t it. With a new coach there’s at least a chance something might. If they ran it back with Doc history makes me pretty confident it would be more of the same.

Kawhi has had extreme load management and still breaking down. Can't be encouraging going forward even as your #1. You aren't going to have any continuity on court and he's not a leader in the locker room. That's tough.

Parasite P really ruining the Rivers family is wild though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom