THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still got the Wizards between 25-35 wins this year. There will be a ton of growing pains, but they’re going to be a tough out on most nights. Thomas Bryant was a dog last night. Gave Adams fits just about everywhere on the floor. Also, I love that Rui has extreme confidence in shooting the rock. He’ll get more efficient for sure.

*chris paul...sheesh

Last edited:
73293681_3126821737346329_2628585663791890432_n.jpg

OK. Please elaborate. I’d really like to hear your reasoning for saying that.

You say Mitchell isn’t a legitimate number 1 option but yet that’s all he’s been since his rookie season. On a team that’s made the playoffs the last 2 years and gradually improved last season as well.

Now the jazz made offseason moves to provide more spacing by bringing in Conley and Bogdonovic and getting smaller with Ed Davis and Jeff green. In a matchup against OKC on Wednesday, Mitchell had excellent spacing and put up an efficient 32 points.. Dude didn’t even take a shot in the 1st Q of that game and completely took over in the 2nd half.

last night the offense struggled but Mitchell was still effective. He was the jazz offense in the 3rd Q. I’m not sure how you watched that game and have the nerve to criticize Mitchell’s performance when the rest of the supporting cast played poorly, I’m not sure.

It’s going to take chemistry, growth and more games for the jazz offense to come together. The jazz need a more balanced supporting cast that will score secondary to Mitchell and that’s exactly why they traded for Conley and signed bojan.

You say Mitchell isn’t a legitimate number 1 option but yet that’s all he’s been since his rookie season. On a team that’s made the playoffs the last 2 years and gradually improved last season as well.

Now the jazz made offseason moves to provide more spacing by bringing in Conley and Bogdonovic and getting smaller with Ed Davis and Jeff green. In a matchup against OKC on Wednesday, Mitchell had excellent spacing and put up an efficient 32 points.. Dude didn’t even take a shot in the 1st Q of that game and completely took over in the 2nd half.

last night the offense struggled but Mitchell was still effective. He was the jazz offense in the 3rd Q. I’m not sure how you watched that game and have the nerve to criticize Mitchell’s performance when the rest of the supporting cast played poorly, I’m not sure.

It’s going to take chemistry, growth and more games for the jazz offense to come together. The jazz need a more balanced supporting cast that will score secondary to Mitchell and that’s exactly why they traded for Conley and signed bojan.

All good points. And I should have been more clear that my comment was more with the post-season in mind than the regular season and also thinking about how deep the West is.

I expect Utah to win a lot of games this season and probably be a Top 4 seed, but I think their ceiling is a 1st or 2nd round playoff exit. And party of that is, when I think about Mitchell against the other Number 1 players on West teams, I feel like he’s easier to contain because of his size and the fact he’s not a good, but not lights out shooter.

Maybe adding Boggers and Conley gives them enough additional offense that isn’t as important anymore, but I have my doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom