THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloyd Pierce is mad as hell man. Basketball is really back.
Hawks been terrible in all their preseason games, so I could see why he’s upset...but they missing some cats and ain’t settle on a rotation yet so who knows how they look when the season starts

white people love to talk about injustices in other countries but always turn a blind eye to whats going on in their own communities..its easy to bash lebron for his comments but that doesn't take away what he's done to improve things for black people besides stop bull****ting yall didnt care/were aware of the situation in China until morey's comments..im 100% certain majority of yall aren't doing to help the people in Hong Kong except for beinf keyboard activists aka yall not doing **** lol

Yikes.

Hawks been terrible in all their preseason games, so I could see why he’s upset...but they missing some cats and ain’t settle on a rotation yet so who knows how they look when the season starts
Their PG is a turnover machine and they are the worst defensive team in the league.

Not everything needs a comment...especially on an issue you don’t know or ain’t that passionate about...If you gotta clarify what you were saying with follow up comments to make it “better” or change the meaning then you probly shouldn’t have said anything in the 1st place...just makes you look silly and like you trying do the both sides bs

To be real for a second, I aint expect this from Bron.
John Wall sure, but not Bron. It's a bit disappointing.

Yea', can't lie, off court Bron is a good model for the league and I've enjoyed seeing it but I can't really see his side here. Maybe he feels compelled to say something as the face of the league, but sonning Morey to save face ain't it. He's better than this, especially more savvy than to trap himself in a statement

I'm not too educated on the HK and China situation.

Basically, is HK fighting for freedom?
I'm no historian but what I've gathered from my recent paying attention to the whole thing was that Hong Kong was at one point a British colony. Then the british people gave HK back to China. But instead of assimilating HK right away there was a deal that HK can run themselves for a few decades before they become part of a communist regime again.

Then the HK govt tried to pass a law making it possible that whatever mainland China citizens seeking refuge in HK has to be turned back over to mainland China whenever China wanted. The original protests was to protest this possible law and now it evolved to HK just wanting to be independent period from China.

Yea', can't lie, off court Bron is a good model for the league and I've enjoyed seeing it but I can't really see his side here. Maybe he feels compelled to say something as the face of the league, but sonning Morey to save face ain't it. He's better than this, especially more savvy than to trap himself in a statement

He literally could have just echoed Steph's statement. I don't know enough about the situation to comment on it.

He basically went with Republicans buy sneakers to but with a much deeper mortality issue at stake.

F1C66E7F-B804-4DC0-A371-FF3EDE321CA4.jpeg

I noticed this too. Rare misstep by LeBron. He sounds like he's in over his head on this one and IMO showed a lack of perspective. And now all the jackasses like Clay Travis and Jason Whitlock and Dave Portnoy are gleeful about it, which is gross. They've been waiting for this moment. Disappointing all the way around.

This whole controversy was kinda over. The Chinese company had already lifted its ban on preseason games (not entirely, but still)....and LeBron had to come out and stir the pot all over again. Keep your damn mouths shut, and you don't have to worry about anything.

He literally could have just echoed Steph's statement. I don't know enough about the situation to comment on it.

He basically went with Republicans buy sneakers to but with a much deeper mortality issue at stake.
This. Keeping your own mouth shut is way better than publicly contradicting your well-established moral stances to say someone else should've kept their mouth shut. Now he gonna have to deal with this for the rest of the week. Like we all know there's a secret gag order to not **** up the China money any more but that don't require you throwing Morey and HK under the bus. Just feign ignorance like everyone else.

I'm no historian but what I've gathered from my recent paying attention to the whole thing was that Hong Kong was at one point a British colony. Then the british people gave HK back to China. But instead of assimilating HK right away there was a deal that HK can run themselves for a few decades before they become part of a communist regime again.

Then the HK govt tried to pass a law making it possible that whatever mainland China citizens seeking refuge in HK has to be turned back over to mainland China whenever China wanted. The original protests was to protest this possible law and now it evolved to HK just wanting to be independent period from China.

to piggy back on that, China has been chipping away at Hong Kong being independent over the years. They did not uphold things they said they were going to do. A few years ago, during the umbrella movement, China deliberately missed deadlines to allow voting laws for Hong Kong citizens

Hong Kong is filled with citizens who fled China during the cultural revolution in the 60s. Many people died while trying to do that. Many of the survivors have a massive distrust for the Chinese government from their first hand experiences. The younger generation has had their quality of life diminish as large wealth from China has poured into Hong Kong. Real estate prices have skyrocketed with money from the main land. Cost of living in Hong Kong is Very high. A good portion of the young generation is highly educated, often at top foreign universities. When they come back to Hong Kong , they are met with very poor job prospects.

The extradition bill that “started” this recent unrest, is really just the straw that broke the camels back.

I was a fan of lebron for his off the court work... but his recent comments are ridiculous. He’s a bum for them.

The Lakers look great without Lebron and Davis up against a team that went to the NBA Finals last season.

The Lakers have the making to a 65+ win team, they are definitely the favorite.

You must be on drugs.
I saw LA lose to Brooklyn with Kyrie only playing the first quarter earlier in the week (they had LBJ and AD playing)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom